Chapter 12:

Too close

After recovering on the Negotiator for a couple of days from the whole "an angry beast tried to eat me" ordeal,  you were on your way back to the Med station

After recovering on the Negotiator for a couple of days from the whole "an angry beast tried to eat me" ordeal, you were on your way back to the Med station. Your leave wasn't over yet, but you were a bit done with your 'holiday'.

As you were in hyperspace you contacted your boss.

"I told you to bring the children to me, Y/n."

"Sir, Jedi Knight Skywalker and his Padawan Tano had already rescued them. I thought you had called them."

"Well I don't pay you to think, I pay you to act."

"Yes, sir, I'm sorry" - who even is this man? Lately, every time you interacted with your boss, he was less and less recognisable. He had never spoken to you this way - not even when you actually made huge mistakes in past missions.

"Sir, I did discover a separatist base though. I just sent you all the data, should I share them with the army?"

"No," he interjected immediately, "I'll show the Jedi Council myself. Good job, on this, Y/n. Now, I have an important mission for you. You'll follow Senator Amidala and Anakin Skywalker to Cato Neimodia. They'll distract Senator Clovis as you get as much information as possible. There is a holodisc in particular that I need you to recover. The Jedi believe he's conspiring with the Separatists, so I need you to kill him."

"What- in cold blood? Don't you want to interrogate him maybe?"

"There will be no need, your mission is to eliminate him."

"What? Sir, it's against my moral code, you already know that."

"Dear, I know you'll do what needs to be done."

"Do the others know of my presence?"

"No and they must not find out about you."

"Very well," it seems like your amazing holiday was continuing - great...

*****

You arrived on the planet a bit before the others, so you had Betty scan the area and create a map of the palace. Later, you followed Clovis and Dod through the air vents.

"This investment by the banking clan will create unimaginable, new war profits, the largest droid factory ever built." So the Jedi were right, Clovis is conspiring with the Separatists. The hologram projected a massive building in Geonosian architecture - you needed to get that holodisc.

"As long as the Republic doesn't find out. You should never have brought a member of the Senate here."

Weird gurgling noises came from the entrance of the room, and that stupid insect king from Geonosis joined the two senators.

"I agree, Lord Poggle. For all the risks we are taking, we should be getting a greater share of the profits," Dod voiced his greed.

"Are you suggesting we change the terms of our agreement? No, a deal is a deal. I'd hate for something to happen to you." You doubted Rush's threats would follow through.