𝟎𝟒𝟕. 𝐥𝐚𝐳𝐲-𝐡𝐚𝐳𝐲-𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬

LAZY-HAZY-CRAZY DAYS
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-seven,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-seven, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

August 24th, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

   IF I HAVE TO HEAR THE LAZY-HAZY-CRAZY DAYS SONG ONE MORE TIME, I'll pull a Van Gogh, but cut off both ears instead. While I love the town festivities, I can't stand to hear this song. Taylor mentioned a band coming all the way from New York, but he didn't bother mentioning that they only knew one song. Seriously, whoever put that banana peel in front of Taylor's doorstep is worshiped in my books.

   I've been sitting on the doorstep of the diner, a coffee in hand while Tristan moves around town, beaming and laughing with the townsfolk. He loves this freaky town, and while it's sweet to watch him wade through the town and greet the people, I wish he'd take a break.

   Since he arrived thirty minutes ago, he hasn't stopped moving around, and I can't seem to keep up with him so I'm sipping my coffee and contemplating cutting my ears off.

   "Where's Tristan?"

   "Uh, he was by the dancing children," I tell Dad, my eyes moving to see if I can see a well-dressed seventeen-year-old boy. "But now I can't find him."

   Dad chuckles. "He's talking to Patty."

   I shook up, stepping backwards to stand next to Dad who is looking out to the festival. I look towards the dancing children, and then I shift my eyes to see that Patty is talking and laughing with my boyfriend. "Oh, no." I place the coffee cup into Dad's hands. "I should probably go get him."

   "Keep him on a leash," Dad warns.

   I quickly rush down the steps, moving away to reach the tap dancing children— the ones that don't have anyone to applaud them as Patty is occupied with Tristan.

   I clap my hand against Tristan's shoulder. "Hey!" I say a little too enthusiastically, and Tristan flinches, completely surprised.

   "Lucy, your boyfriend is just..." Patty sighs, her hand on his arm, and Tristan smiles innocently.

   "Uh, Patty, one of your dancers looked like she was..." I peer over my shoulder at the dancers who haven't stopped tapping since nine o'clock this morning. "Yeah."