𝟎𝟑𝟗. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐬

FOR THE LOVE OF BASKETS
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter thirty-nine,
Gilmore Girls — Season Two

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter thirty-nine, Gilmore Girls — Season Two

January 16th, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

     ❝GO AND ENJOY YOUR HOT DATE.

     Today is the Stars Hollow charity picnic basket auction, and I made a basket because this year I have somebody who can actually bid on mine, and he's one beautiful human being with a wallet full of cash and the most dazzling smile on his face. I want to draw him, pin him on the wall, and stare at him all freaking day. With the sun shining, and lighting his face, he looks almost unreal to me. I need to stop gushing over him, but I just can't help it. I'm in love.

     While Tristan bid on my basket and won, Addy's basket was snatched up by her boyfriend, but she didn't seem... pleased about it. I make a mental note to speak to her later about it, but for now, I want to dedicate all my attention to my boyfriend. Hell, I even ignore the drama that my dear cousin is starting between Dean and Rory. Jess, being the rascal that he is, bid on Rory's basket against Dean and now the two of them are going on a lunch date. Cute, right? I'm not sure what his goal is, but I'm not getting involved.

I have a hot date, as Addy said.

     I have a hot date with my boyfriend who is also joining Dad and I for dinner at Sniffy's. It's Buddy's birthday tonight, and he insisted that I invite Tristan, and of course, he said yes.

I wasn't sure where I should take Tristan to have our picnic as I didn't want to drag him to a place where everybody already was, so I opted for driving away. Dad let me borrow the truck, and I drove us to the familiar lake in between Hartford and Stars Hollow that we've only ever explored in the night.

     We place down the picnic blanket before placing down my basket. I packed the basket with specific food items that I know Tristan loves because I knew he'd be the one bidding on it. The basket contains food from the diner — obviously, because free food — and then there's an assortment of snacks I know he likes as well as my favourite snacks, duh.

     Tristan pulls out my favourite. "Red Vines?" He throws them onto my lap. "You packed stuff for yourself?"

     "Of course I did," I argue. "I provide the food, you provide the company, so I obviously bought myself snacks."