𝟎𝟔𝟐. 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

I LOVE YOU, I'M SORRY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-two,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-two, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
―୨୧⋆ ˚ LUCY'S POV

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

          ❝𝐈 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐎𝐗𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐃❞

I stare at Tristan's acceptance letter from Oxford and his acceptance letter from Yale. He didn't just get into one university, he got into two incredible, highly-regarded schools. I knew he could do it. I mean, I've always admired him and his dedication to his work and writing, so I can't say I'm surprised that he's been accepted to both Oxford and Yale.

I also know that the Yale letter in my hand doesn't weigh the benefits that the Oxford letter does.

  Tristan will be going to Oxford, I just know it.

  He's pacing back and forth, holding my Yale letter. We're in the diner while Jess and Dad are upstairs, but I suspect that they have the door to the apartment wide open so they can eavesdrop our conversation.

  "I knew you'd do it, Blue." He exhales, laughing lightly. "I mean, you're crazy smart. If anyone could get in, it'd be you."

  "And you," I chirp, smiling softly.

He moves to sit down across from me, placing my letter down on the table. I place his letters down, side-by-side. Tristan was accepted to Yale, but I know where his dream lies. I know which school he desires to go to the most, and it's not the school in America.

  He reaches forward, taking my hand in his, and I stare straight ahead at him but he's looking away── down at our intertwined hands. I place my hand over his, catching his attention, and the corner of my mouth tugs in a sad smile.

"It's Oxford, isn't it?" I say, swallowing down the lump forming in my throat.

Tristan sighs. "Blue..."

"It's Oxford, Tristan." I reach for his Oxford letter, and I hold it between us. "You cannot sit here and tell me that when you were accepted to Oxford, you weren't excited, because I know you, Tristan. I know you were happy about it."

He exhales, looking back to our hands. "Yeah, you're right," he utters, and I nod. "I was happy. I-I was so..." he forces out a laugh. "...I was so happy, Blue. I mean, I got into one of the greatest schools in the world. I'm proud of myself."