𝟎𝟔𝟏. 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞

BIG OR SMALL ENVELOPE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-one,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-one, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
―୨୧⋆ ˚ LUCY'S POV

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

          𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐔𝐓 𝐊𝐈𝐑𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄. Okay, maybe it's not the most important day of my teenage life── according to my father── but it is. Today I will find out if my dreams of going to Yale have come true. But I may never find out if Kirk can't find my mail.

  I cannot believe my future lies in the hands of Kirk of all people.

  He's in the diner, sifting through the mail, and I'm staring with wide eyes and desperate hands. Jess is next to me, prepared to pounce if he sees the words, "Luciana Danes" on any pieces of mail. Dad is nowhere to be seen because I'm supposedly stressing him out with all my rambling and pacing.

  Addy steps into the diner, Nathan following closely behind her. They both have giant smiles on their faces, and I fear they've received their acceptances before me. "Dammit, Kirk."

  "Lucy!" I step over to Addy who is waving around a giant opened envelope. "I got in!"

  "You got in?" I squeal, grasping her arms.

  "I'm going to Juilliard!" She throws her arms around me, cheering and squealing like a little girl, and I join her in jumping up and down on the spot, over the freaking moon for her.

  While I knew she'd make it to Juilliard, there's still that fear of not achieving your dream, but Adelaide Sloane went and did it. She── my incredible, beautiful, and talented best friend── is going to the best performing arts school in the country where she'll dance for the next four years in front of prestigious dancers.

  "I'm so damn proud of you." I squeeze her extra tightly, afraid to let go now that I know she'll be in New York soon. I'm terrified of saying goodbye to her, but I know that we'll be best friends even in our death so I shouldn't worry. I should just be congratulating her over and over again.

  Addy pulls away from me, the largest smile on her face. "You haven't found out yet?" I shake my head, looking over my shoulder at Kirk who is yelling at Patty who also needs her mail. "You will soon, babe, and you will get in."