𝟎𝟔𝟔. 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧

GOODBYE COUSIN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-six,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-six, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
―୨୧⋆ ˚ LUCY'S POV

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐈'𝐌 𝐔𝐏𝐒𝐄𝐓. 𝐈'𝐌 𝐌𝐀𝐃. 𝐈'𝐌 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐑𝐘.

I'm chomping down on the cereal in my hands, tapping my foot against the floor to calm my raging heartbeat, and I'm considering yelling at Jess, but I don't know if that's the smartest thing to do. However, I have a lot of things I need to say, and he needs to hear it before he leaves.

I have all this pent-up frustration that I want to unleash, and the only person here is Jess so he can be on the brute end of my annoyance.

"Why the hell aren't you graduating?" He makes a noise, obviously about to speak, but I continue to talk, "I mean, you're one of the smartest people I know, so you should be graduating. I mean, you could've asked me for help and I would've done it in a heartbeat, Jess. I could've got you on the right track. You could be graduating with us next month, but you won't be because you chose to work full time."

I shake my head, still in disbelief about that.

"That's why you were in a funk at the party. You're not graduating." I place my box of cereal down, afraid I'll take my frustrations out on the beloved box of Lucky Charms. "I can't believe you. After everything my dad has done for you, and this is how you pay him back?"

"Lucy..."

I stand up, agitated and fidgety. "Seriously, do you do this to spite him? All he's ever done is support you. All he's ever done is defend you. All he has ever done is care for you, and this is how you treat him. He doesn't ask for much Jess. All he asked for was for you..." I jab a finger in his direction. "...to graduate high school, and you couldn't even do that."

"I don't need a recap, Luce."

"No, I think you do." I snatch the box from him that he's been eating from, and I place it down next to mine. "You could do anything, Jess. You could be anything── be anyone── and you just threw that all away for what? A twenty-percent discount and a blue vest?" I shake my head, wanting to relieve the pounding in my skull but I've never been so... annoyed in my life at anyone. "You can have so much, Jess, but you don't try. You don't do a damn thing, and it infuriates me."