𝟎𝟒𝟗. 𝐧𝐨 𝐜𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞

NO CIGARETTES, JUST CAKE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-nine,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter forty-nine, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

September 16th, 2002

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

SHOULDN'T WE HAVE CIGARETTES?❞ I jab my fork into the yellow cake I bought Tristan for his birthday, and I feel him brush a kiss against the side of my head, his arm around my waist. I hum, pushing the fork in my mouth as I lean back against Tristan.

After we celebrated his birthday with his sister and Addy, we decided to do a little celebrating of our own after Addy insisted on taking Lisa out for a few hours. So for the past hour, Tristan and I have been in his bed with cake because, well, we don't have cigarettes.

"You want a cigarette?" Tristan grins, leaning forward to stab his fork into the cake.

"Well, in all those old timey movies, they always have cigarettes after sex not..." I stare down at the yellow cake, a smile on my face. "...not cake."

   "I'll take cake over cigarettes any day."

   I grin up at him, and he leans down to push his lips against mine for a brief second. "Same."

   "Thanks for the cake," Tristan whispers. "And the sex. This has been the best birthday." His mouth is full of cake, and I laugh in response, my leg tangled in his. "Thanks for everything, Blue."

I push a kiss against his bicep. "Happy birthday, pretty boy." His cheeks redden, and I love that two innocent words make him blush like that, especially when his words have a similar effect on me. "You're eighteen."

"I am indeed." He sighs, his arm encircling my waist, his lips at my neck. "How does it feel to be with an older man?"

I roll my eyes, squirming in his hold. "You're not even three months older than me," I scoff.

"Still older."

"Okay."

We finish the cake in record time── if one can finish a cake in record time── and after disposing of the plate, Tristan throws the bedsheets back over us and lays upon me, his head against my chest. I sigh, content and happy, and I rest my hand against his hair.

   I feel his arm hook under my hips, lifting me up as his face moves to push a brief kiss against my collarbone. I hook my arms around his neck as Tristan pulls the skin of my throat into his mouth, and I tighten my hold on him. When he pulls back, he looks at me with a familiar expression── one that's full of love and fulfilment, and I feel my chest crack open.