𝟎𝟔𝟓. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥

THE SHOCK OF IT ALL
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-five,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-five, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
―୨୧⋆ ˚ LUCY'S POV

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘, 𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄. Dad is nowhere to be seen, and after calling him several times this morning, I have no idea if he'll be coming back home. Perhaps he's chosen to spend today with Nicole too, I have no idea. Anyway, I can't think about it too much because I have a diner to run and it's annoyingly full of customers.

Jess still hasn't spoken to me about last night, but I'm hoping we'll have the chance to talk later when things calm down.

Right now everything is crazy. Somehow, every person in town needs to eat right now, and they're all in the worst kind of mood. I hate them, and I've never said that. Usually this job isn't so... rushed, but then again, I usually disappear once the morning rush walks into the diner. However, Dad isn't here so I need to help, and I'm just glad Jess hasn't skulked off. I'd seriously kill him with a frying pan if he disappeared right now.

I storm over to the table by the door, pushing a cup of coffee towards him. "You know what you want?" I ask, tapping my pen against my notepad.

This man has been here all morning, and he's only ordered coffee which is just annoying because he's sat on a table for four. These are the kinds of people that don't do anything fun in their life, I swear to God.

"You know what might help?" Jess asks, coming up behind me. "Opening the menu." He opens the menu for the man I don't recognise, and I rush off, passing by a woman who literally grabs me just to catch my attention.

I spin to her, surprised that she'd actually grab me, and Jess pushes forward. "I'd like some ham," she says, and I snatch my arm back.

I share a look of kill me with Jess, and we quickly separate, moving to the kitchen to talk with Caesar who seems to be cooking especially slow this morning. Don't get me wrong, he's great at his job but he's not doing enough right now. "Caesar, I need ham," I say, leaning forward.

He steps up to me, shaking his head. "We have no ham."

"B-But we got a shipment yesterday. I helped unload the ham," I clarify, but Caesar shrugs.