𝟎𝟔𝟒. 𝐣𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

JESS AND DEAN SHOWDOWN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-four,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter sixty-four, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑
―୨୧⋆ ˚ LUCY'S POV

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐊𝐘𝐋𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐌𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐘. I'm not usually the party goer── having only gone to one party in my eighteen years── but I decided to come along and see what all the fuss was about.

So far it's not too bad.

I'm standing with Addy, Nathan, Dean and Lindsay, leaning back against Tristan while Lane's band plays in the living room. What I didn't know is that Lane Kim has done the unspeakable. She's started a band, and she's... good. Like, really good at the drums.

Dad is staying at the Independence Inn with Nicole for the night, but I promised him that I'd be home before midnight, and I was strictly told to keep an eye on Jess because since we finished school, he's been... iffy. It might have something to do with his car missing that Dad claims he didn't steal, but I know my dad better than anybody. He stole Jess' car because he wasn't going to school and until Jess graduates, Dad will be keeping the trashy car.

Regardless, Jess has been in a funk since we finished school, and I'm determined to figure out why.

I don't know where Jess is at the moment, but I know he's somewhere with Rory. He seems happy with her most days, but today he just looks moody, and I really can't figure out why. He seemed fine before school, so his mood can't have anything to do with his car.

I look up at Tristan, smiling. His arm wraps around my torso, his palm resting on my stomach, and I place my hand over his, settling into his touch. This party is crowded, but I feel just a tad bit safer here with him.

Since Tristan and I last had our talk, we haven't discussed Oxford or Yale. All I know is that he's going to Oxford because, well, after our talk, I assume that's where he'll end up, and that's okay. We'll talk when he needs to leave, but for now, we're going to enjoy every second we have together.

  His chin rests on my head, and I hear him say something to Dean and Nathan, but I'm more focused on the band playing in front of me. According to Rory, they're Stars Hollow's rockingest band, and I have to agree.