Part 30: Human... just human

The Royal family of Hastinapur welcomed several of their allies in front of palace halls. They received a group of people with Suryavanshi banner with them, Kathiravani grinned, as they came closer. Maharaj Ranjeet along with his wife, Maharani Shruti walked towards them. Kathiravani physically restrained herself by pinching her hand to stopped herself to ran towards her parents. She was giddy with excitement.

"welcome to Hastinapur, Maharaj, Maharani!" Dhritarashtra said while he and Maharaj Ranjeet exchanging hugs, both then greeted Mahamahim, after that they received greetings from other royals. Yudhistira came to them and bent down to touched their feet,

"no need, Kaushalya-pati," Ayodhya-Pati hugged his son in law, and patted his back, after that Yudhistira asked for blessing from his mother in law in which she happily granted. Maharani Shruti then assessed her daughter who stood waiting for her turn, before she even bowed, her father already brought her into his loving arms, holding her close. Only Maharani Shruti knew how sad her husband was in Ayodhya when he couldn't hear the sound of her chanted pooja every mornings, she caught him cried while looking at the moon, clearly remembered his daughter because the moonlight resembled her so much.

Not only her husband who missed their daughter terribly, the citizen of Ayodhya also missed her. For some reason, the capital was not bright as it was supposed to be when Kathiravani wasn't there, and she sighed in relief when she could embrace her daughter again.

Maharani Shruti was glad, this was the first time she visited Hastinapur and the way everyone seemed to revolved around her daughter, she was satisfied.  

"we also come here with my brothers, Maharaj Nagnajit and Maharaj Pinaka's regards. They apologise, they can't come in person but sent the Yuvrajas here," Maharaj Ranjeet explained to everyone once they seated, he introduced two young men who sat near them, "Abhishek is the eldest son of my second brother, Maharaj Nagnajit, and Siddharth is the son of my youngest brother Maharaj Pinaka, both are accomplished warriors and often went with Kaushalya to wars,"

The Kuru Elders assessed the two Yuvrajas, they were both handsome in complexion, both were tall with broad shoulders, and bear slightly resemblance with Kaushalya, they shared the same glow only those who were descendants of Ikhsvaku line had.

Abhishek looked really friendly and always kept small smile in his face while Siddharth was more reserved and calm, Kaushalya directed the maids to served all of them before she took the seat with her husband. Her other brothers in law talked with two Suryavanshi Princes, while Elders talked among themselves, before everyone dispersed and Kathiravani along with Yudhistira were tasked to bring them into their quarters. 

Yudhistira and Maharaj Ranjeet walked in front following by Kathiravani and Maharani Shruti while Abhishek and Siddarth followed them, mostly Kathiravani talked, telling them about her life, all the good things of course.

They entered the quarter as Isha along with other servants, mostly servants that she brought when she married Yudhistira were there. They entered the chamber, the men quickly sat together and talked about war while Maharani Shruti sat in the terrace overlooked the garden with Kathiravani,

"tell me about your life, now,"

Kathiravani's mouth twitched, "i already told you, Mata Kunti, Jyest Mata Gandhari and other elders really kind to me and my brothers in law and sister in law also good people. I am really happy here," but Maharani Shruti a bit unconvinced,

"then how about your relationship with your husband?"

"of course it's good," she almost rolled her eyes at that common question but against it after she saw expectant gaze of her mother, instantly her whole cheeks covered in red hues as she understood the meaning of that gaze, "Mata..."

"why? I'm just asking whether you're with child or not, why are you so shy like this?"

Kathiravani glanced at where her husband seated along with her father and brothers, seemingly deep in conversation, she took a deep breath,

"i'm just married for not so long and my husband went to pay his guru dakshina shortly after that. Then it is the chaos of him become a Crown Prince, between all of that, we are not exactly planning,"

Maharani Shruti nodded in understanding, "but you're both talking about children, yes?" Kathiravani was fed up with all her mother's question,

"Mata..."

Maharani Shruti narrowed her eyes at her, "don't Mata me, Mudita," she said sharply, Kathiravani bit her tongue, restrained herself, she took a deep breath to calmed down, now was not the time for her to clashed with her mother, tomorrow was the ritual of her husband became a Crown Prince, and her brothers also intended to wed Kauravi Dushala, if the Princess wished to wed one of them,

"of course we talk about it, Mata, but now simply is not a good time for it!" she replied sharply, her eyes pierced to her mother with cold, unrestrained, challenging her, if she dared to said something against her again. Maharani Shruti stopped.

That was when Yudhistira found her and his mother in law, Kathiravani with cold piercing eyes glared at distance while Maharani Shruti with cold emotionless eyes starring at nothing, he could feel the tension between the two women who almost resembled each others, both quickly changed their faces too,

"Priye, we need to go now," he sofly said, Kathiravani got up and curtly nodded towards her mother,

"i'll get going, Mata," she went away after Maharani Shruti nodded, then she smiled at her father, Yudhistira excused themselves as they walked out from the chamber.

"is something wrong with Mata, Priye?" Yudhistira couldn't help but ask, he felt off when he saw the way his wife acted around his mother in law,  Kathiravani shook her head,

"nothing you should worry about, Natha. It's common between Mother and daughter to be like this."

Kathiravani didn't want to talk to her husband about this, it was complicated and he would never understood. His mother loved him and he was her pride and joy. Most daughters had weird relationship with their own mothers, sometimes they really loved them and wanted them to be around so that their mothers could teach them ways of life, but sometimes they were just tired of their mothers's constant nagging and wanted them to be far away. It was complicated as Kathiravani loved Maharani Shruti but she also hated her. And she was just human who had feelings, the feelings that constantly left aside for considerations of her Mother's own feelings.

***

A/N: enjoy the chapter. I am busy these days lol, we have event, a football(soccer) event, and i am one of committee, so yeah. But i'll try my best to update it for you. Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤