R&R - Bucky pt 2

The sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky with hues of orange and pink. After a day of horseback riding and friendly competition, the Avengers were settling down for the evening. The firepit behind the main house was the perfect spot for everyone to unwind, share stories, and enjoy a well-earned meal.

I watched as Clint and Natasha continued their playful banter, Tony tried to convince Bruce to help him design a high-tech saddle, and Thor regaled Steve with tales of Asgardian adventures. My eyes wandered to Bucky, who was quietly tending to Duke, brushing the horse’s coat with a careful, almost tender touch.

“Hey,” I called out, walking over to him. “Need some help?”

Bucky looked up, a small smile playing on his lips. “Sure, if you don’t mind.”

I grabbed a brush and started working on Duke’s mane, the repetitive motion soothing. “You did really well today,” I said, glancing at him. “For a first-timer, you seemed pretty comfortable up there.”

He chuckled softly, his eyes meeting mine. “Thanks. I guess I just needed to get used to it. Duke’s a good horse.”

There was a comfortable silence between us as we continued brushing Duke. The sounds of laughter and conversation from the rest of the team provided a pleasant backdrop, and I found myself enjoying the quiet moment with Bucky.

“You know,” I said after a while, “I’m really glad you all came. It’s nice to see everyone relaxed and having fun.”

Bucky nodded, his gaze thoughtful. “Yeah, it’s been a long time since any of us had a chance to just… be normal. This was a good idea.”

I smiled, feeling a warm flutter in my chest. “Well, you’re always welcome here. Anytime you need a break, just let me know.”

He paused, his expression softening. “I might take you up on that. This place… it feels different. Peaceful.”

We finished tending to Duke and led him back to his stall. As we walked back toward the firepit, the stars began to appear, dotting the night sky with their brilliance.

“Care to join me for a walk?” Bucky asked, his voice low and a bit hesitant.

I felt a thrill of anticipation and nodded. “I’d love to.”

We wandered away from the firepit, following a path that led to a quiet meadow. The night was cool, and the grass rustled softly under our feet. Bucky’s presence was comforting, his usually guarded demeanor seeming more relaxed in the gentle embrace of the ranch’s tranquility.

“It’s beautiful out here,” Bucky said, his voice breaking the comfortable silence. “So different from the city.”

I nodded, glancing up at the sky. “It’s one of the reasons I love it. There’s something about the open space, the fresh air… it helps clear the mind.”

Bucky looked at me, his eyes reflecting the starlight. “I can see why you find peace here. It’s like stepping into another world.”

We stopped by a small pond, the surface of the water reflecting the stars. Bucky turned to face me, his expression serious yet tender.

“Thank you for today,” he said softly. “I didn’t realize how much I needed this until now.”

I reached out, placing a hand on his arm. “I’m glad you came. I’ve enjoyed spending time with you, Bucky. You’re… different from what I expected.”

He raised an eyebrow, a hint of a smile on his lips. “Different how?”

“I don’t know,” I admitted, feeling a bit flustered. “I guess I didn’t expect you to be so… gentle. You’re always so serious.”

Bucky’s smile widened, a genuine warmth in his eyes. “I guess being around you brings out a different side of me.”

There was a moment of quiet, the air filled with unspoken emotions. I could feel the connection between us growing stronger, a magnetic pull that drew me closer to him.

“Bucky…” I began, my voice barely a whisper. “I…”

Before I could finish, Bucky closed the distance between us, his hand gently cupping my cheek. “I know,” he said softly. “I feel it too.”

He leaned in, his lips brushing mine in a tender, tentative kiss. It was soft and sweet, filled with the promise of something deeper. As we kissed, I felt a warmth spread through me, a sense of rightness that made everything else fade away.

When we finally pulled back, Bucky’s eyes were filled with emotion. “I’ve been wanting to do that all day,” he admitted, a hint of a blush on his cheeks.

I smiled, feeling a rush of happiness. “I’m glad you did.”

We stood there for a while, wrapped in each other’s arms, the night sky above us and the peaceful sounds of the ranch around us. It was a moment of pure connection, a bond that went beyond words.

As we walked back to the firepit, hand in hand, I knew that this was just the beginning of something beautiful. The ranch had given us the space to connect, to open up, and to find a piece of ourselves that we had both been missing.

Back at the firepit, the rest of the team welcomed us with warm smiles and teasing comments. But there was an unspoken understanding among them, a recognition of the bond that had formed between Bucky and me.

That night, as I lay in bed, I couldn’t stop smiling. The day had been perfect, filled with laughter, friendship, and a connection that I knew would only grow stronger with time. And I couldn’t wait to see what the future held for Bucky and me, together.

---

Over the next few days, Bucky and I spent as much time together as possible. We rode horses, explored the ranch, and talked about everything and nothing. The more I got to know him, the more I realized how much we had in common and how deeply I was falling for him.

One evening, as we sat on the porch, watching the sunset, Bucky turned to me, his eyes filled with a quiet intensity. “You’ve changed my life, you know,” he said softly. “Coming here, meeting you… it’s given me hope.”

I reached out, taking his hand in mine. “You’ve changed mine too, Bucky. I’m so glad you’re here.”

He smiled, leaning in to kiss me. It was a kiss filled with love, promise, and the start of a beautiful journey together.

As the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months, Bucky and I continued to build our life together. The ranch became our sanctuary, a place where we could be ourselves and find peace in each other’s arms.

The Avengers often visited, bringing with them their unique blend of chaos and camaraderie. But no matter how busy life got, Bucky and I always made time for each other, cherishing the love that had grown between us.

And every evening, as we watched the sunset from the porch, I knew that we had found something truly special. A love that was strong, unbreakable, and built on a foundation of trust, respect, and endless adventure.