Chapter 29

Luna pov
I took a deep breath as I tried to shake off what Slenderman said to me earlier but he wasn't wrong. I have gotten soft and it started to affect me but at the same time I don't want to go back to how I was before.

Cold and indifferent, I finally feel things. At first it was weird and sometimes unpleasant however I grew to like them for it makes me feel alive.

I bit down on my lip but I felt someone flick my forehead and saw it was Jeff who just gave a smirk before sitting next to me. I just rolled my eyes as we watched Liu trying to fix the tv.

'What the matter is with you, do I need to take a shit.' Is what Jeff said joking while I was pop open a bag of chips. I turned to face him which made him flinch.

I laugh a bit seeing his reaction.

'Not much slender is just reminding me of my place and that shouldn't be so nice' is what I said which Jeff stares at me as if he was going say something but didn't as he starches his head.

I stood up and the woods brother watch as wrap the unconscious demon. Then taking him back to his room before he woke up. None seemed to care and began doing their own thing.

I teleported back to my room and plop on the bed using my shadow and cut the rope and I created a chair using my shadow.

'So how long are you going to pretend to be asleep, EJ.' Is what I said as I watch him sit up.

He remain quit and had his head down plus was breathing very heavily

I let out deep sigh and pulled out a blood bag out my shadow then poked a small hole. This cause him to look at me and I sigh use my shadow to hand it to me as he grab the bag.

He then bit into the bag and suck the blood in a Aggressively while I watch. My mind was filled with question and theory about these person.

He doesn't seem to like the other and I barely know this guy so winning his trust will be hard. I don't feel pity or feel the need to help him or then tell him about his situation.

I let out an exaggerated sigh as I waited for the male finish.

Jack pov

I toss the bag away and stare at the girl or what I believe to be her. I could smell her vanilla scent and heart beating calmly telling me she isn't faze by my earlier action

We sat there in silence not saying anything nor did anything but I could feel like she was staring at me.

That left me to wonder what to do.

I was never great with talking to others but she spoke, gaining my attention . She asked me if I was human or demon. Which was confusing but her tone was that of curiosity.

It wasn't like I had anything to lose so I told her about me being a medical student and all about the cult and what they did to me.

Just talking about it got me enraged but I felt her hand touching my which was warm compared to cold hands. I was suspicious but at the same time it had helped me calm down so I continued.

She then asked some odd questions like if I had vivid dreams and voices in my head. Anything that was considered odd so it  took me a while and I thought hard.

I never thought about it but now thinking back I did have nightmares but I thought it was due to stress. She then asks me more detail on the ritual they perform.

This took me a while because everything that happened felt blurry. For it happened so fast that I wasn't able to comprehend what was happening. So I told her about the blue mask the different language and how that **** scope my eyes with an ice cream scooper.

She gasped when I said this and asked me what happened afterwards which I responded with a shrug for it was a blank.

'Ok  I'm going to be blunt but why would you go to the forest in the middle of night? No offense but really that just sounds like a plot for a crappy horror movie' is what she said but I didn't say.

For I was mentally thought the same for sounding so cliché.

I then tried to change the topic and ask why she needed to know all this and if there was a way to reverse this.

However I was only met with silence which made me panic as pure rage slowly consumed me. That stood up to only be pulled down and I felt something small place in my hand.

'Uh very hot head one. Ok I'm going to be very honest but after listening to your story it has helped prove some of my theory. But sadly there is no way for you to go back to being human for the said is dead.' -Luna

She later explained that the ritual was something like rebirth and I was chosen to be the demon child of the cult. Not only that but to be some type of key. By being the key it will allow the demon to come to the human world.

I was confused and asked why it had to be me since it didn't seem like they would refuse.

As I pop the piece of candy into my mouth.

She then said that ritual requires following very strict rules and conditions. Even the tiniest mistakes will end up with terrible backlash or a failure.

That when she explained that I was chosen not by the cult but the said demon that they worship.

The reason is unknown but they normally are followed by the person being a virgin or having ties to the supernatural and mental state of the Individual.

This made me blush when said virgin but asked what was going to happen to me now since the ritual was completed.

But she asked once again if there was anything else which made me think. I thought harder but now looking there was something it was for split second but I vividly remember that let that **** alive.

Then blacking out again But I didn't think that worth telling for that **** was already dying. I just shook my head and listened to her explain what was meant to be a proxy and my expectations or I will be killed.

Starting tomorrow she is going to train to kill and teach me how to live like a demon.

Once she finished speaking I was asked to be left alone because she did not hear her heart beating.

I took in a deep breath and lay on my bed.

The feeling of the unknown and vulnerability was what I felt as I bit into the piece of candy out of frustration.

'I'm hungry' is what I said in a low voice as I slowly dozed into a deep sleep wishing to myself that this was just a bad dream.