#65 Deathtrap

"I think it's funny; the son of the Hokage, the heir to the Uzumaki name, the Jinchuriki of the greatest tailed beast, the perfect weapon for the village; without a doubt, you would have made a perfect addition to the Anbu if only I had been allowed to take you in after your parents died." Danzo monologued. Naruto still didn't know where he was, the voice of the warhawk coming from all around him.

"Shame, that I have to kill you." The old man sighed, as Naruto turned, scanning the surrounding trees for any sign of him. He managed to spot a shimmer here and there, but as soon as he saw it it vanished before he could focus on it. There was total silence on the battlefield, only the wind could be heard rushing through the trees, shuffling the fallen debris around the clearing.

"We need to get him out." Naruto thought. He managed to keep a grin from his lips as a plan came into his mind. Going through a short series of hand signs, he ended with his hands in a familiar position. A moment later the clearing erupted in smoke as a bunch of clones appeared around him. There were no words spoken as the copies took out their kunai and jumped into the trees. A moment later, Naruto flared his chakra. Now he couldn't keep the smile of his lips as the whole area around him exploded. In the same moment as the explosions, a shadow jumped out of the trees. Naruto watched calmly as Danzo stood on the other side of the area, his clothes slightly singed, panting with exhaustion. Without any hesitation Naruto jumped at the man, his arms blurring as he started striking. The warhawk blocked the first few strikes, but it was clear that he was getting slower and growing more tired by the minute.

After the first punch landed it all fell apart, the man being pummeled into the ground. Naruto saw the last eye close on the man's arm and instantly jumped away, avoiding the blade that was stabbing towards him from the back.

The battered Danzo faded out of view as the warhawk sheathed his sword, already going through a series of one handed hand signs with his free hand.

The barrage of fireballs didn't exactly surprise Naruto. What did manage to puzzle him was that his opponent didn't flee. Danzo had used the time it took for Naruto to avoid his attack to remove the bandages over his left eye, revealing the Sharingan that was implanted there.

"Mangekyo." Kurama gasped seeing the four pointed shuriken shape in the rogue's eye.

"Not good, I take it?" Naruto asked, readying himself for any unexpected abilities.

"These are the most powerful eyes an Uchiha can awaken. They can also cast stronger illusions and have unique abilities that manifest in them." Naruto quietly watched Danzo's body as he avoided the gaze of the man.

"What kind of abilities are we talking about?" He asked, jumping back as a fireball was shot at him.

"I only know Amaterasu, that is black flames that can only be extinguished by the caster."

"Troublesome." Naruto muttered, replying to the earlier fireball with a barrage of wind blades.

It still surprised him that the warhawk didn't flee. Surely he must know that his trump card of pseudo immortality has been used up. He didn't know why the man hadn't used his most powerful eye from the beginning but he was sure that there was a reason.

Realizing that that meant the old man most likely had another ace up his sleeve, Naruto grit his teeth.

Not wanting to find out what this hidden ability was, the blonde focused his mind and clutched his kunai a bit tighter as he molded chakra into his hands. The flash cut through the area with more speed than anything he had ever used before. He still felt the aftereffects after coming to a halt behind Danzo. He had barely managed to lift his kunai to strike where he wanted to, because of the speed. The warhawk stood with his back to him, still looking at the position where Naruto had stood before. It took a few moments for the pain to register in the old man's mind. Then he screamed.

Naruto lowered his kunai, the remains of the red eye staring at him as Danzo continued to scream. The old warhawk sunk to his knees, knowing that that meant the end for him.

"How?" He mumbled looking for Naruto with his one good eye.

"How did you use the Hiraishin? There are no kunai here."

"That does not concern you." The teen replied, slowly going through a set of hand seals.

"I hope this time Hiruzen executes you." He stated, finishing the series. Danzo looked at him with determined eyes as Naruto approached him slowly, sealing formulas flowing around his hand.

"He won't." Danzo simply stated, taking a kunai out of his pocket and quickly ramming it into his heart. Naruto stopped in his tracks, surprised and confused about the sudden action.

"He didn't seem like the sort to kill himself. He would have tried to find a way to escape again." He thought, not understanding the old man's reasoning.

"Maybe he didn't want to be captured?" Kurama suggested, although from the voice of the beast, Naruto could tell that even he didn't believe that.

Looking at the body, Naruto saw a razor thin line of script run from the man's chest around his body. It was almost imperceptible with the naked eye. He didn't have time or the eyesight to analyze the lines. He only knew that this could not be good if it was triggered by Danzo's death.

A thought flashed into his mind. There was only one thing that would make sense to be triggered by the death of the user: A trap to annihilate anyone who was strong enough to defeat him.

He didn't know what the range of the technique was, he instantly thought of Fuu, who was laying just a few hundred meters away in the forest, recovering. A burst of speed and a thought later he was next to his girlfriend, quickly grabbing hold of her and disappearing in another flash towards the Hokage monument that was on the other side of Konoha. Slowly laying Fuu down, he sees a giant ball of black encompassing the battlefield where he had defeated the warhawk. Looking over the village, he saw a lot of battlegrounds, imploded buildings, fires and a lot of shinobi jumping around. It didn't look like there was still any fighting, but Naruto still kept his guard up. He smiled as he felt Fuu stir in his arms.

Hiya Dragons,

This is it for this chapter.  I apologize for the lateness today, I have exams in a week and have to focus on that, so I only managed to get this finished now.  Hope you still enjoyed.

Dedication this time to @Jimimimy for commenting on the last chapter. 

For this time I have a question again:

Do you want to see the consequences of the attack on Konoha or should I just focus on Naruto and Fuu's story?

Anyways, that is it for today,

Take care and stay safe,

Peace,

Gleam-eyes