Sebastian - A Midnight Scare

The moon hung low in the sky, casting an ethereal glow over the Forbidden Forest. Shadows danced on the forest floor, blending with the rustling leaves and the occasional distant hoot of an owl. The air was thick with the scent of damp earth and the promise of secrets yet to be uncovered.

Sebastian Sallow and Y/N crept through the underbrush, their wands held aloft, casting a soft luminescence that guided their way. The two fifth-years were on a mission—one that had consumed Y/N since she first discovered her unique link to ancient magic. Tonight, they hoped to find clues that would shed light on her mysterious abilities.

Sebastian's voice broke the silence, a low whisper that barely disturbed the night. "We should be close. The map indicates a clearing just ahead."

Y/N nodded, her heart pounding with a mix of anticipation and anxiety. "Let's hope we find something useful."

As they approached the clearing, a sudden rustling from the trees made them both freeze. Y/N's grip tightened on her wand as several figures emerged from the shadows—poachers and Ashwinders, their faces twisted in malicious glee.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" sneered a tall, burly poacher, his wand already drawn.

Sebastian and Y/N exchanged a quick glance. There was no turning back now.

"Protego!" Sebastian shouted, deflecting a barrage of curses that came their way. He moved swiftly, casting stunning spells and hexes with practiced ease.

Y/N's eyes blazed with determination. She could feel the ancient magic pulsing within her, ready to be unleashed. She summoned a powerful shock of lightning, knocking several attackers off their feet.

But the poachers and Ashwinders were relentless. One of them, a particularly vicious-looking woman with a scar across her cheek, aimed her wand at Sebastian and snarled, "Bombarda!"

The explosion sent Sebastian flying backward, crashing into a tree with a sickening thud. He crumpled to the ground, unmoving.

"Sebastian!" Y/N screamed, her heart lurching with fear. Rage bubbled up inside her, mingling with the ancient magic that surged through her veins. Her vision narrowed, focusing on the enemies before her.

With a primal cry, she unleashed a torrent of magic. She levitated an Ashwinder, slamming them down into the ground three times before moving on to the next one. She quickly turned a poacher into an explosive barrel before throwing them into another, blowing up the pair immediately. The air crackled with raw energy as Y/N's fury and fear manifested in destructive bursts, incapacitating every last one of them.

When the last of the poachers fell, Y/N ran to Sebastian's side, her hands trembling. She dropped to his side, gently holding his bleeding head in her hands. "Sebastian? Sebastian, please wake up," she whispered, her voice breaking as she placed her forehead onto his chest. 

For a moment, there was no response. Then, Sebastian's eyes fluttered open, a weak but familiar smirk playing on his lips. "You know," he said hoarsely, her head lifting with a gasp as she looked at him. "If you wanted to show off, you could've just asked me to step back."

Y/N let out a shaky laugh, tears of relief streaming down her face. "Oh, you idiot," she choked out. "I was so worried."

Sebastian reached up, brushing a tear from her cheek with surprising tenderness. "I'm fine, Y/N. Just a little headache." He struggled to sit up, wincing as he did. "Remind me never to get on your bad side."

Y/N helped him to his feet, supporting his weight as they made their way back toward the castle. The night's danger had passed, but the mystery of her ancient magic remained, now more intertwined with her feelings for Sebastian than ever before.

As they walked, Sebastian leaned on Y/N for support, but his playful teasing never ceased. "So, when do I get to see the full extent of your ancient magic again? I'd prefer if it was not when we're about to be killed."

Y/N rolled her eyes, a smile tugging at her lips. "Maybe next time you'll stay conscious long enough to appreciate it."

"Touché," Sebastian chuckled, wincing slightly. "But seriously, Y/N, you have an incredible gift.." He paused to look over at her, "You're incredible."

She glanced at him, their eyes meeting in the moonlight. "We make a good team," she said softly, a light blush dancing across her cheekbones. 

"That we do," Sebastian agreed, his voice filled with a warmth that made Y/N's heart swell. Despite the danger and the mystery that lay ahead, she knew that as long as they were together, they could face anything.