Sebastian - Frenemies?

Warnings: grabbing, "nice guy" attitude, etc.

The halls of Hogwarts were abuzz with the usual excitement of students moving between classes, laughter, and chatter echoing off the stone walls. Y/N, a diligent Ravenclaw, made her way through the bustling crowd with a stack of books in her arms, her mind preoccupied with the upcoming exams. She was known for her intelligence and calm demeanor, but that also sometimes made her the target of unwanted attention from some of her peers.

One such peer was Leander Prewett, a Gryffindor with a reputation for being overly persistent. He had taken a particular interest in Y/N, despite her repeated attempts to brush off his advances. Today was no different. As Y/N turned a corner near the library, she found Leander waiting for her, leaning casually against the wall.

"Y/N, wait up!" he called, pushing off the wall to block her path.

"Leander, I really don't have time for this," Y/N groaned, trying to sidestep him, but he moved to block her again.

"Come on, just a quick chat," he insisted, his tone more demanding than friendly.

From the shadows of a nearby alcove, Sebastian Sallow, a Slytherin with a notorious rivalry with Y/N, watched the scene unfold. He had never liked her, finding her Ravenclaw precision and near perfect dueling skills irritating. But as he observed Leander's aggressive behavior, a flicker of concern sparked within him.

"Leander, I said no," Y/N's voice was firm, but there was a hint of nervousness.

Leander's expression darkened. "Why do you always have to be so difficult?" His hand shot out, grabbing her wrist tightly. "I'm just trying to be nice."

Y/N's books fell to the ground with a loud thud as she tried to pull her hand free. "Let go of me!"

Before Y/N could react further and grab her wand, Sebastian stepped out of the shadows. "Back off, Prewett."

Leander turned, surprised to see Sebastian. "What do you want, Sallow? This doesn't concern you."

"It does now," Sebastian replied coldly, his eyes locked on Leander. "Let go of her. Now."

Leander's grip tightened for a moment before he released Y/N's wrist, pushing her away roughly and causing her to stumble. "What's your problem, Sallow? Think you're some kind of hero?"

Sebastian's eyes narrowed, his hands casually in his pocket, but ready to pull his wand out if needed. "My problem is seeing a bully harass someone who clearly isn't interested.. Try it again, and you'll regret it."

For a moment, Leander seemed to consider his options, his eyes darting between Sebastian and Y/N. Finally, with a sneer, he backed off. "Fine.." He shot Y/N a glare before turning and walking away.

Y/N let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. She rubbed her wrist where Leander had grabbed her. "Thank you," she said, her tone cautious. She wasn't used to seeing this side of him.

Sebastian shrugged. "Don't read too much into it. I can't stand Prewett." His eyes flickered to her books scattered on the floor. "You should be more careful, though. Not everyone is going to step in."

"I can handle myself," Y/N replied, her pride stinging slightly at the implication as she bent down to pick up her books.

"Clearly," Sebastian smirked, but there was no malice in his eyes. He bent down to help her gather her things. "Just... try not to get into any more trouble."

As he handed her the last book and walked away, Y/N watched him go, her mind whirling. She never expected Sebastian Sallow, of all people, to come to her aid. Maybe there was more to him than she had thought. And perhaps, buried beneath their mutual dislike, there was a chance for something akin to understanding.