Sebastian - Overworked

The Great Hall at Hogwarts buzzed with the usual morning energy. Students chatted animatedly, their voices blending into a harmonious cacophony, while the clinking of silverware on plates added a rhythmic backdrop. Sebastian and Ominis sat at their usual spot at the Slytherin table, but something felt off this morning as the seat next to Sebastian remained conspicuously empty.

Sebastian pushed his scrambled eggs around his plate, barely eating. "Where do you think she is?" he asked, glancing up at Ominis.

Ominis, ever the perceptive one despite his blindness, tilted his head slightly. "I don't know. Y/N is rarely late. Perhaps she's just running behind today."

Sebastian frowned. "She wasn't at dinner last night either. I haven't seen her since..." His voice trailed off as a realization hit him. "Since we argued and I called her ignorant."

Ominis sighed, setting down his toast. "Yes, she told me about that. You know how she feels about that sort of thing, Sebastian. She may be in Slytherin but she still values her knowledge and understanding more than anything."

Sebastian groaned, running a hand through his hair. "I didn't mean it like that. We were arguing about her Goblin friend - which I still don't agree with, by the way - then I called her ignorant, and then she slapped me before storming away."

"And you wonder why she isn't here and is avoiding you," Ominis said quietly. "Look, it doesn't matter that you had the argument. What matters is how she felt when you said it and how you are going to apologize and make up for it."

Sebastian stood abruptly, the bench scraping loudly against the stone floor. "I have to find her."

"Sit down," Ominis said firmly with a hint of exasperation. "If she didn't come to breakfast, she likely doesn't want to see you right now. Give her some space. We have Potions first thing. If she doesn't show up by then, we'll start looking."

Reluctantly, Sebastian sat back down, though his appetite was completely gone. He spent the rest of breakfast casting anxious glances toward the entrance, hoping Y/N would walk through at any moment. But she never did.

{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}

Potions class began without any sign of Y/N. Professor Sharp was in a particularly foul mood, snapping at anyone who dared to speak out of turn. Sebastian tried to focus on his potion, but his mind kept wandering. He couldn't stop replaying the argument in his head, the look of hurt on Y/N's face when he had called her ignorant, and the pain that resonated through his cheek as she slapped him.

Halfway through the lesson, the classroom door creaked open. Y/N stumbled in, looking pale and exhausted. Her usually bright eyes were dull, and dark circles marred her complexion. She muttered an apology to Professor Sharp before collapsing into her seat.

Sebastian's heart clenched at the sight of her. She looked awful. He sent a worried nudge towards Ominis, who nodded slightly as if saying he could sense her horrible complexion just as well as he could see it.

As soon as the lesson ended, Sebastian was at Y/N's side. "Y/N, can we talk?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

She looked up at him, her expression guarded. "There's nothing to talk about, Sebastian."

"Yes, there is," he insisted. "You're clearly not okay. What's going on?"

Y/N stood abruptly, swaying slightly as she did. "I told you, there's nothing wrong. Just leave me alone. I'm not ignorant enough to know when I don't want to see you."

Her words stung, and Sebastian felt a pang of guilt. "Y/N, I didn't mean that. I was angry and I said something stupid. I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't change anything," she snapped. "You still think I'm ignorant."

"No, I don't!" Sebastian protested. "I never thought that. I was frustrated, and I took it out on you. Please, believe me."

Y/N turned to walk away, but she barely made it a few steps before she stumbled, catching herself against the wall before her legs gave out from beneath her. Sebastian lunged forward, catching her just before she hit the ground.

"Y/N!" he exclaimed, his voice panicked. "Someone get Madam Blainey! Professor Sharp!"

Ominis was already moving, his wand guiding him swiftly up the steps to go and collect the nurse. Sebastian gently lowered Y/N to the floor, cradling her head in his lap as Professor Sharp hobbled towards the pair. "

Hey, stay with me," Sebastian pleaded. "It's going to be okay."

Her eyes fluttered open briefly, and she looked up at him with a mix of pain and confusion. "Sebastian..."

"Shh, don't try to talk," he whispered. "Help is on the way."

Professor Sharp had arrived and kneeled down to check Y/N's vitals, doing basic screenings to determine the cause for her sudden fainting spell.

Eventually, Ominis returned with Madam Blainey, who immediately set to work, her wand glowing softly as she assessed Y/N's condition.

"She needs rest and proper care," Madam Blainey said sternly. "Help me get her to the hospital wing."

Sebastian and Ominis helped Madam Pomfrey lift Y/N onto a magical stretcher. As they carried her through the corridors, Sebastian couldn't shake the gnawing fear in his gut. He had to make this right. He couldn't lose her, not like this.

{*}{*}{*}{*}{*}

Y/N remained unconscious for the rest of the day. Sebastian sat by her bedside, watching her pale face with a heavy heart. He replayed every moment of their argument, wishing he could go back and take back his harsh words.

Ominis sat next to him, a comforting presence in the quiet hospital wing. "She'll be alright," Ominis said softly. "Madam Blainey said it was just exhaustion and stress. She just needs time."

Sebastian nodded, though his worry didn't abate. "I should have been there for her," he murmured. "Instead, I made things worse."

"You can make it right," Ominis replied. "Be there for her now. Show her that you care."

As the hours passed and Ominis had left, Sebastian kept vigil by Y/N's side, his hand holding hers gently. When she finally stirred and her eyes opened, he felt a rush of relief.

"Hey," he said softly, squeezing her hand. "How are you feeling?"

She blinked up at him, her expression confused and vulnerable. "Sebastian... what happened?"

"You fainted," he explained. "You've been overworking yourself. Why didn't you tell anyone you were feeling this way?"

Y/N's eyes filled with tears. "I didn't want to be a burden," she whispered. "And after what you said... I thought you didn't care."

Sebastian's heart ached at her words. "I'm so sorry, Y/N," he said, his voice trembling. "I care about you more than anything. I was an idiot to say what I did. Can you forgive me?"

Y/N looked at him for a long moment, then nodded slowly. "I forgive you, Sebastian. Just... please don't ever say something like that again."

"I promise," he vowed, leaning down to press a gentle kiss to her forehead. "I'll never hurt you like that again."

As she drifted back to sleep, Sebastian stayed by her side, his heart filled with a renewed determination. He would do whatever it took to make things right and show Y/N just how much she meant to him.