Sebastian - Random Run In

This scene is heavily inspired by Ella Enchanted :) Enjoy!

<><><><><>

Thursday's classes came and went and Y/N wanted to enjoy the last pleasant afternoon before the crisp, fall air came and settled over the valley. As she walked down the path, she took deep, refreshing breaths that filled her lungs with the smell of the autumn breeze surrounding her.

She was walking along one of her favorite paths outside the castle, down towards Lower Hogsfield. She loved watching the water of the black lake down by the rickety dock, loving the view of the daunting castle above.

She was about to reach the small stone fence when she heard some feet and heavy breathing coming up behind her. She twisted in her spot and noticed Sebastian, face flushed as he seemed to be running away from a group of first and second years who all spotted frizzy, green hair.

He was wearing a casual outfit, his robe being long abandoned somewhere back at the castle. His tie flailed in the wind as he ran, his white shirt fitting his figure as his forearms were on display - the sleeves having been rolled up earlier. As he continued to gain ground away from the angry students, he threw his head quickly over his shoulder before focusing back in front of him, his eyes widening as he realized he wouldn't be able to stop himself from running into her.

"Sebas-" she tried to warn, but instead, he ran smack into her - wrapping his arms around her frame as she yelped out in shock. She continued to confusedly ask questions as he fell back against the stone wall. Y/N was effectively turned around and now stuck between his legs. She was pulled closer to him by one of his hands across her waist, his other covering her mouth as he sushed her.

She struggled slightly and tried to pry his hands from her body and face before he sushed her again, efficiently silencing her as the angry group of students ran past them - not even noticing that they had missed their target completely.

A few beats went by as the pair of students watched as the flock of green haired tweens kept running, leaving the Slytherin and Ravenclaw in a newfound silence.

Sebastian slowly removed his hand from her mouth, turning to look at her as her head tilted up to meet his gaze. Colors of Y/EC and brown clashing in a delicate dance as she could smell the pumpkin pastie off his breath.

Sebastian released his charming gigawatt smile, "See something you like, Y/N?" She felt her cheeks warm as she could feel the embarrassment rising to her face. Y/N shuffled out of his grasp as she stood up and straightened out her outfit - shaking off the dirt and leaves that had gotten on her clothes.

When she looked back towards him he was still sat on the ground - watching her get her appearance in order with a soft look on his face.

"What?" she asked him, concern filling her voice. "Is there something I missed?" She turned to look down at her outfit as she tried to find a stray leaf still stuck to her clothes.

"No, no. Not at all," Sebastian replied, snapping out of his thoughts. He stood up as well, shaking the dirt from his trousers as he stepped towards her. A few moments went by before he gestured to the wall, "Sorry about, all of that."

She laughed as she started walking towards the dock, "what is Merlin's name was that all about?"

"I was helping Garreth find a few volunteers for a new potion he's been working on," he said as he jogged to catch up to her. "Though it seems that he didn't get it quite right," he chuckled. "You just witness a perfect example of what 'shooting the messenger' looks like."

"Well," she giggled, "how about you tell me more about this potion and what ingredients he used. Maybe I can help you not get chased by angry students again?"

"It's a new kind of hair tonic according to Garreth," Sebastian explained, sitting down on a rock near the water's edge. "It's supposed to give hair more volume and shine, but all it does is turn it green and frizzy."

Y/N stifled a giggle, thinking back as she thought of the hoard of students running around with green hair. "Do you happen to know what he used?"

Sebastian gave her a satisfied look, "As a matter of fact, I do."

Sebastian handed Y/N a piece of parchment he pulled from his vest pocket - the recipe written in Garreth's messy, yet neat penmanship. She scanned through them with a thoughtful expression.

"Hmm," she murmured, tracing a line with her dainty finger. "I wonder if he added the lacewing flies before or after the powdered unicorn horn?"

"After, I think." Sebastian replied, scratching his head. "Was that wrong?"

"I think so," she nodded, her brows scrunching together in thought. "Lacewing flies need to be stewed for longer so that they become more compatible with stronger ingredients - otherwise it reacts harshly with everything else."

Sebastian shrugged a singular shoulder. "Makes sense.. How did he miss that?"

Y/N laughed softly, her gaze warm and reassuring. "It's easy to overlook these things when experimenting. Potions can be tricky."

Sebastian laughed, a smile breaking through onto his freckled face. "Thanks, Y/N. I'll let Garreth know to try it out next time he brews the potion. I don't know what he'd do without your help."

"Well, for starters, he'd still be giving bad potions to first and second years," she teased, resulting in Sebastian throwing his head back as he released a deep belly laugh.

Her neck got warm as she looked out at the lake, a bashful smile developing on her face. She truly enjoyed hearing his laugh, it brought some unknown joy into her heart - making it feel lighter.

Their conversation continued throughout the afternoon, talking about all of the different potions that Garreth has both failed, and succeeded in.

A range of topic developed from there, causing the time to slip away from the two teenagers. Both relished in the company that the other provided, each finding solace in the other.
As they talked, they couldn't help but feel like they shared a moment of quiet connection, their bond strengthened by their shared triumph and mutual support.

The afternoon didn't last long though, as the angry students returned and once again began to chase after the tall boy.

"Blast it! Gotta go!" Was all Sebastian said as he briskly stood up and dashed away. Y/N simply giggled in response as she watched her Slytherin friend run back to the castle.