Chapter Twenty-Two

Yeonjun stirs his ramen, picking up a few noodles between his chopsticks and readying himself for a delicious bite. There is a knock on the door, he sighs. The visitor can wait, he takes a quick bite and opens the door a few beats later with a mouthful of noodles in his mouth.

"Beommie." He looks wide-eyed at his boyfriend standing in front of the door, he's crying. Wiping his face with the sleeve of his shirt, he sniffles. "I'm sorry."

"Hey." Yeonjun wraps him in a crushing hug. "I'm not mad, I'm not mad," he says, his words are muffled by the food in his mouth, and he swallows. "I'm not mad, Baby," he repeats, he hears Beomgyu crying harder. "Look at you, you have snot all over. Please stop crying."

"I'm sorry I lied."

Yeonjun dabs his tears away. "I know, okay? I'm not mad. I figured you hid something, but I'm still in the dark. Talk to me, Baby." he kisses Beomgyu on the forehead; takes his hand, and leads him inside.

Beomgyu sits on the couch, trying to calm himself down and get a hold of his tears but he started crying in the car on the way to his boyfriend's house. He just feels so guilty, so fake. He worried Yeonjun would think the same.

"Here, Baby. Drink some water." Yeonjun hands him a glass of water. He sits beside him, petting his hair and pouting his lips. "Why are you crying?" he asks softly. Beomgyu shrugs, sobbing quietly.

"I-I'm just sorry... "

Yeonjun smiles fondly. "Is that so?" he says in a baby-like voice. His hand holds Beomgyu's chin, lifting his head up. He kisses him. "I'm going to need answers, Beommie." His voice is now serious. "I know you didn't lie because you wanted to. You had your reasons, Hyung knows," he reassures. "But you need to tell the truth now, okay?"

Beomgyu bites his lip. "Okay." a tear hangs from his chin and falls on his lap. He pressed his palms on his eyes. "Okay, I will."

"Good." Yeonjun kisses him again. "I'm ready to listen."

......................

"Are you to stare at me all morning?"

Taehyun shrugs. "You wouldn't let me go." he smiles. Kai looks down, realizing he had been trapping Taehyun between his legs, as well as his hands locked around his waist. He quickly let go. Taehyun laughs, finding Kai cute.

He woke up not too long before Kai did. It dawned on him that they spent the night together, his heart fluttered.

"How did you sleep?"

Kai gulps. "Perfect." because of you. It is customed to return the question. "You?" he sits up, tousling his hair. It's becoming too long; he should get a haircut soon. His hair pokes his eyes. There are creases on his white shirt, he will change soon.

Surprisingly, for Taehyun himself. He slept like a log and hadn't moved an inch since he closed his eyes. He never sleeps well in new places; he knows that about himself and wonders if he'd be able to sleep properly. "I slept well... "his cheeks heat up and he slides down from the bed, rubbing his eyes with his fist. He puts on his slippers. Without looking at Kai, he asks "D-Do you have anything planned for this m-morning?"

Kai eyes his computer. He heard it ping last night. Another request for a job, and he wishes to find out the details soon today. "For what purpose are you asking?"

"N-no reason." Taehyun scratches his nape. "Just wondering."

"I don't." He'll handle the transaction in the afternoon.

"Oh." Taehyun turns around, already up. He has a sheet print on his left cheek. "Are you hungry? Maybe... there is a new place that serves pancakes!" He saw their Instagram page yesterday morning and wanted to go with Soobin, but the older one was busy. "Unless-" his smile falters. "Do you like pancakes? Not everyone does, so- we can eat something else? Or-"