Field Trip

"Mikey!" I yell as I run up and jump on his back.

"Barney!" He yells back.

"You can't call me that anymore!" I laugh.

I didn't see Michael all week end I took the time to dye my hair again.

"Why not- oh" he turns around. "You died your hair! Why did you go blue?"

"Because.. I don't know really!" I laugh.

"I missed you!" Michael kisses my cheek.

"I missed you too, even though it was 2 days" I smile.

"How bout we make up for those 2 days. What do you say, we ditch this place and go do something fun" he whispers.

I nod in agreement.

He takes me out to his car.

"Why is it that we ditch school to go have fun but we didn't even see each other on the weekend?" I ask as I get into the car.

"I don't know, how bout I take you to my grandparents holiday home on the holidays?" He laughs.

"I'll ask Connor" I buckle up.

"Wanna go to the beach?"

"Uh yeah!

The trip was short but it felt like forever because of the traffic.

"I know this perfect spot where no one goes, follow me" Michael grabs my hand and starts walking.

We go up a huge hill and down one. But he was right, no one was here.

"It's so pretty" I say observing everything around me. The clear blue sea, the crystaly white sand and the row of shells that have washed up. The tide was out.

"It's almost as pretty as you" Michael wraps his arms around me.

"That was super cheesy Mikey" I laugh.

"I know, and what did I tell you about calling me Mikey?"

"It turns you on"

"Exactly, so don't."

"Okay sorry" I smile.

"This is way better than school" I mumble as I sit on the sand.

"I think anything thing is better than school" he kisses me on the cheek. "Especially you"

"Your cute Michael Clifford" I giggle "like a kitten"

"You calling me a pussy?" He jokes.

"Yeah totally" I hit him in the arm.
For a while Michael and I just sit on the beach in comfortable silence until Michael breaks it.

"Can I confess something?"

"Like..?" I perk up "you're not gay are you? Because I don't have a penis!"

"I'm not gay, trust me." He laughs. "I've never had a girlfriend as nice as you before, and I'm scared you'll leave me" he rests his head on my shoulder.

"Really? Because for me it's the same. Why would a guy like you be with a girl like me?"

"What do you mean a girl like you?"

"Uh... Troubled?"

"We're all a little troubled Jess, you barley know me"

"Then tell me?"

"I don't want you to run away from me though"

"I won't, promise"

"How do I know you won't break that promise?"