Chapter 24 (Part 3)

A/N THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ARE TAKING TIME OUT TO READ, FOR THE COMMENTS AND THE VOTES. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE IT. OK SO I TRIED TO UPDATE SOONER SINCE MOST OF YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING WHEN IS THE NEXT UPDATE AND HERE IT IS. IT IS A VERY LONG CHAPTER. I FEEL I OWED YOU ALL A LONG ONE SINCE IT TOOK ME SOME TIME TO UPDATE LAST TIME. AND PLEASE DON'T HATE LOUIS SO MUCH. HE'S GOT A LOT OF SHIT GOING ON. HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT.

Harry stepped out into the beautiful garden at the back of the establishment. This part of the garden was tiled with big flat stone slabs then a set of stairs let down into the actual garden. This part was more like an open air extension of the bar. There were white wrought iron tables and chairs, potted plants and white fairy lights round the trees. It was quiet and peaceful out here. Harry saw Louis sitting in a chair looking out over the garden with its large fountain in the middle, the sound of gurgling water soothing at this time of night. Nobody else was out here except them two. Harry walked over to Louis and hesitated before he sat down in a chair next to him. Louis didn't look at him, he just kept smoking and drinking his beer. Harry noticed that Louis was bouncing his leg up and down and fidgeting with his fingers and was sweating profousley.

'Lou,'Harry said softly, 'what are you doing?' Harry watched as Louis inhaled on his weed, held in the smoke then let it out slowly. He closed his eyes and rested his head back against the chair. He didn' t  talk to him. Harry watched him and up close he noticed that Louis looked thinner. His cheekbones stood out and he had dark circles under his eyes. Wasn't he sleeping enough? Harry wondered. Harry noticed that his hands were shaking. He watched him as Louis opened his eyes, raised his head as if in slow motion and pick up his beer,taking a long swig. He seemed calm and neRvous at the same time, like there was some internal battle going on inside him.

'Lou,'Harry said again his voice pleading, 'Louis stop. Please.' He saw Louis turn his head slowly towards him, his eyes heavily lidded, the blue in his eyes dim as if a light inside had been turned off. Harry felt his heart squeeze tight in his chest.

'Stop what?' he asked him in a slurred drawl. He blinked slowly as if trying to focus on Harry but his gaze was somewhere far beyond Harry.Harry shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe that this was the same Louis, this drunk, drugged, stoned Louis was so different from HIS Louis.

'Louis please, you need to stop doing this to yourself......' Harry began but Louis burst out laughing, hard. Harry looked at him feeling confused. Zayn told him that he was having a bad trip and he didn't even know what that meant exactly. He didn't even know what drug he had ingested. Harry had no idea what a bad trip was or what the signs of it were. He took in a deep breath.

'You are hurting everyone around you Lou.....'

'Like I give a shit,' he slurred, taking another drag on his joint. Harry snatched the joint out of his fingers in a swift movement and stubbed it out under the heel of his boot. Louis looked at him and frowned,his eyes blinking rapidly as if he was trying hard to focus.

'What the fuck is your problem dude?' he told him. Harry shook his head again and he realized that Louis didn't even have the energy to yell at him. He just sat there looking dazed and lost and confused and so small, breathing hard and sweating as if he had just run a mile.

'My problem is that I'm not fine with seeing you hurt yourself. You drink and smoke that stuff and now I find out you've been taking....other things?' Louis looked out over the garden again and took a swig of beer.