FTK | 034

KATALEYA SIMONI BROOKSSUNDAY MORNINGMARCH 18th, 2023

SUNDAY MORNING
MARCH 18th, 2023.

"LEGACY, JUST LET me pee in peace. Please." Leya mumbled softly, dropping her head in her hands.

Legacy calmly sat on the sink, paying her no mind as he examined whatever on his phone that had his full attention.

They had brushed their teeth, but Kataleya desperately needed to use the bathroom before they retreated back to her room where they had slept.

"For what? Watchu trynna do in here that you need me to wait in the other room for." He looked up, dropping his phone in his lap, giving his undivided attention.

Her lips parted as she gawked at him. The question was completely stupid in her opinion. "Nigga, I'm trynna piss!" She whisper shouted, attempting to be quiet.

"Okay." He responded with a simple shrug. Gnawing on the inside of his jaw, he inspected every single part of her, taking her full appearance in.

She had a light pink bonnet on with a silk scarf wrapped around it to protect her sew in. With a bare face, she only had lashes on, and she was obviously still tired. The tattoo on her face, and the beauty mark on the other side enhanced her facial features. Wearing one of legacy's shirts, and a pair of pajamas shorts with a smiley face emoji, that was all she sported.

Reaching for some toilet paper, Kataleya tore a piece and rolled it around her hand, before wiping. Once she finished she stood up, and pulled up her clothes.

Standing next legacy she pumped soap into her hands, and began washing them, counting in her head. "So what you wanna do today, boo?" She questioned, gazing up at him.

He held eye contact with her as he thought about it. He loved when Kataleya called him that. It was so simple yet, it wasn't something he heard others call people. Only her.

"Can we—" He cut himself off. Her eyes widened with hope. Wishing that they could do something he would like , at least one thing. That way she could make him feel special.

Tilting her head, she wanted him to continue so badly. Without pressuring him about it either. "Can we what? Whatever you want." She promised truthfully.

Turning the warm water off, she used the towel next to the sink. Shanice told her they were just decorative and not to use them, which was exactly why she kept doing it.

"Can we go see my granny?" He questioned curiously. His grandmother lived in a different city, all the way in Athens. "I haven't talked to her since school started. She don't believe in phones." He informed her causing her to giggled.

"She doesn't believe in phones? I never heard that one before." She joked even though it really was a strange thing to hear.

He shook his head at her words. "I know. Not even house phones." He recalled his grandmother and her old school ways. She was a nice lady, who frequently took him to church, and cared for him when he would attempt to run away from home.