|40|•ᴘᴜɴɪꜱʜᴍᴇɴᴛ•

BONDITA

It was early in the morning. It had been three weeks since we arrived in Singapore, and today marked the beginning of our last week. I was in our room, packing some of mine and Pati Babu’s clothes. Well, not packing, just arranging them. A week would fly by, so I had to start packing now. Meanwhile, Pati Babu was taking a shower inside the washroom.

A knock came at the door. I got up from the couch where I was sitting and went towards the door to open it. Kabir stood there in his casual clothes: blue sweatpants and a matching T-shirt.

I smiled, and he immediately asked, "Anii Bro kaha hai?"

Rolling my eyes, I replied, "Na hi na good morning, sida 'Anii Bro kaha hai'! Kya hai yaar? Main tera best friend hoon, na ki Pati Babu!"

Kabir chuckled, knowing I was joking. As he stepped inside, he said, "Achha meri hotie, sorry. Hello, good morning, kaise ho? Ekdam achha na?" He paused, then added, "Ab batao, Anii Bro kaha hai?"

I moved to the closet, starting to fold our clothes. "Washroom main hai tumhara Anii Bro. Aur haan, mujhe hotie mat bolo, nahi toh..."

Before I could finish, he interjected, "Haan nahi toh teri Pati Babu ka dimag hot hojayega!"

I chuckled softly while continuing my work. "Yeah, exactly." Pausing for a moment, I added, "Pati Babu aur tum itna close ho gaye ho na, mujhe toh ek hi cheez yaad aati hai!"

Kabir looked puzzled. "Woh kya?"

Holding back my laughter, I said, "Bromance!"

Kabir's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Ewww! Cheeee... kaise baat kar rahi ho?"

I couldn’t hold it anymore and burst into laughter, filling the room. Kabir made a face of irritation. "Pagli ladki! Tu tere best friend aur pati ke baare mein aise baatein kar rahi ho."

Nodding and trying to control my laughter, I said, "Achha, achha, sorry. I was just joking. Thik hai."

Kabir nodded slightly, a smile creeping onto his face. "Thank God. And yeah, I don't like boys, okay?"

Still in a playful mood, I teased, "But I never said you did like boys... Oh my God, Kabirrrrrr... you really like boys, oho!"

Kabir's face flushed with embarrassment. I picked up another piece of clothing to fold. Just then, a voice called from the washroom, "Butterfly, towel do na please."

It was Pati Babu. Had he forgotten his towel? I shouted back, "Layiye!" I checked the cloth stand where we kept the towels, but his towel was nowhere to be found. Maybe it was in the wash or something. I was about to grab another towel from the cloth stand near the bathroom when Kabir said, "Main deta hoon, tu kaam kar."

I smiled and nodded, returning to my clothes folding. Thank God Kabir was there to help me. I was engrossed in my task when I heard Kabir scream loudly, "BONDUUUUU!"

Looking towards the washroom, I saw Pati Babu pulling Kabir inside. My eyes widened in shock.

Oh no. Did Pati Babu think it was me and pull Kabir inside the washroom? Oh God, no... What if Pati Babu was... naked?

I dropped the clothes and quickly ran to the washroom. The first thing I saw was Pati Babu’s horrified face. Looking down, I saw he was shirtless.

Okay. Okay... Shirtless is fine...

My heart raced as I looked further down.

No... No... Oh...

Oh thank God, he was wearing his towel. It wasn’t that embarrassing after all.