1 | Failed Mission

This story is based on a game called Genshin impact. I do not own any of the game characters except for Y/N

                     Y/N, his right hand, his favorite soldier, the soldier that did every mission he sent you on without fail, without a single fight lost- without any soldiers lost. Y/N was his favorite, until she finally failed a mission. Escorting important figures to the northland bank, only to be ambushed, more than half of the soldiers brought killed, the rest injured. Despite her injured state, Capitano called her to his office.

"Y/N."

His deep voice echoing in their ears.

"You failed."

"S-Sir I-I....."

"Silence."

He snaps, his hand slamming against his desk.

"Fifty-six soldiers dead. The other thirty-six injured. What do you have to say for yourself?"

.....Y/N stays silent, clearly ashamed of her failure, and disappointing her Captain

"Not even going to argue for yourself? You were my star, my perfect little soldier. And look at what you've become,"He hisses, crossing his arms as he glares at you.

"C-Capitano..."

A scoff, he stands from his seat and walks over to you. He grabs your chin, forcing you to look up at him.

"You always had a mouth on you, back then, you could never shut it. So why now? Why are you so quiet?"

He leans closer, his voice dropping to a dangerous tone.

"You failed. Fifty-six of my soldiers are dead because of your incompetence. And all you can do is stand here and look at me with that pitiful expression."

"You're one of the best I had," he growls, his grip on your chin tightening. "And you threw it all away for what? A moment of weakness? A single mistake? Is that what all my years of training, all the effort I put into you was worth?"

As a punishment, Capitano snatches Y/N's Hydro vision away. He holds up your Vision towards you, its glow reflecting your face. Capitano's face is cold, his eyes filled with disappointment and anger.

"This," 

he spits, his fingers wrapping tighter around your Vision. 

"This belongs to the best. And you? Look at yourself. You're pathetic."

He leans down, bringing the Vision closer to your face, his voice dropping to a dangerous whisper."

You're no longer worthy of holding this. You're no longer worthy of being my soldier. You're no longer anything special to me.""You were my favorite soldier. The only one to follow my orders with no questions. The only one to never fail a mission. And now? Look at you."

His grip on your chin tightens. " Worthless. Useless. A failure" 

He releases your chin, shoving you away from him

"Get out of my sight. Until I find a new use for you, I never want to see your face again."

Y/N walk away, saddened by this new revelation. Capitano watches you leave, his eyes cold and emotionless. "Pathetic," He mutters under his breath, his hand clenching into a fist.