5 | Reunion

This story is based on a game called Genshin impact. I do not own any of the game characters except for Y/N 

Capitano was out on a mission, hunting down a group of rebels in a rural village. As he moved through the village, something caught his eye that made his heart skip a beat.

There, on the opposite side of the village square, was a young woman. She had your likeness - your eyes, your hair, your mannerisms. It was as if someone had taken you and made a copy, sending her here to torment him.

He froze in his tracks, his heart in his throat as he stared at her. His mind was racing, thoughts and memories flooding his mind. It was a cruel trick, a twisted mockery of what he had lost.

He clenched his fists, his heart torn between anger and grief. Part of him wanted to confront her, to demand answers, to know if this was some sick joke or if she was somehow a part of you, returned to him in some twisted turn of fate.

It was my reincarnate.

Capitano continued to watch the young woman from afar, his mind struggling to process what he was seeing. It was impossible, it shouldn't be possible...! Yet, there she was, a living, breathing replica of you.

Part of him longed to reach out, to hold onto the illusion that this was somehow you, returned to him. But his rational mind fought against it, reminding him that reincarnation was nothing but a myth, nothing but a tale to comfort the grieving and the desperate.

He continued to watch her from afar, studying her every move, every gesture, every subtle expression. It was as if he was trying to find some hint, some sign that this was really you, that you were somehow with him once again.

But the more he watched, the more he knew that this was just a cruel illusion, a twisted version of the woman he had lost. He clenched his fists, his heart aching with a mixture of pain and longing.

His mind was in turmoil, thoughts and memories swirling through his head. The woman's laugh sounded like yours, her eyes sparkled like yours when the sun caught them. It was as if someone had taken your essence and poured it into this new vessel, creating a perfect replica of you.

He longed to walk over and talk to her, to hear her voice, to feel your touch once more. But he knew that it could never be - she was not you, no matter how much she looked like you.

notices a man with a mask, armour and cape looking at me. I waved at him.

Capitano's breath caught in his throat as the woman suddenly looked in his direction, her eyes locking onto him. For a moment, he stood there frozen, unsure of what to do. But then she waved at him, a warm smile on her face, and his heart skipped a beat.

He hesitated for a moment, torn between wanting to run away and wanting to go closer. And then, without thinking, he found himself walking towards her.

Capitano approached the woman, his heart pounding in his chest. He felt as if he was walking towards a ghost, or a dream. He couldn't believe that this was happening, that he was standing before a perfect replica of you.

He stopped a few feet away from her, unsure of what to say. He just stared at her, taking in every detail of her face, the way her hair framed her face, the curve of her lips, the sparkle in her eyes.

"Hello. Would you like some apples sir?"

Capitano was taken aback by her words. Her voice sounded even more like yours, soft and warm, sending a pang through his heart.