17 | An Apology

This story is based on a game called Genshin impact. I do not own any of the game characters except for Y/N, Y/N's Grandmother, and Bubbles.

The loudest muttering yet, akin to a protest, is released by Bubbles. It's obvious that the blubberbeast does not want to go on a diet, but he is unable to change his situation. With a sorrowful expression on his face, he seems to be asking you, "Why are you doing this to me?"

I descend the stairs.

"Gran! I'm leaving! You know? To sell apples?"

As you walk into the room, your grandmother glances up from her knitting.

"Ah, my love, good morning. Youre planning to go apple-selling? Make sure you stay safe, and remember to get home before the sun sets."

"All right! Bubbles is going with me.

Your granny smiles slightly and raises an eyebrow.

"Taking Bubbles with you, huh? Make sure you keep a close eye on him. That blubberbeast is as curious as it is round."

"Alright!"

I head to our stall with my basket of apples in hand.

Carrying a basket full of apples, you head to your typical location in the village. A few passersby pause as usual to gaze at the fresh fruits on display. But as you get going, you see that a few others are staring at Bubbles with curiosity.

The blubberbeast is happily resting on the ground next you, seemingly unperturbed. He has a round, jiggly figure, though, and some of the passersby are drawn to it. A couple of the kids even giggle and point at him, obviously enjoying his look.

"You see Bubbles? Diet!  D. I. E. T!"

To your statement, Bubbles mumbles gently, his face looking nearly resignation. Even though the blubberbeast isn't pleased with you, it's obvious that he gets what you mean.

As this is going on, a few onlookers can't help but laugh at your interactions with the blubberbeast. To put a blubberbeast on a diet is, to put it mildly, hilarious to them.

I keep on selling my apples.

You carry on as usual, running the stall and selling your apples. A few pedestrians swoon over Bubbles, remarking on his round, jiggly figure. Others laugh at the blubberbeast, obviously thinking he's funny.

However, Bubbles is blissfully oblivious to the attention he's receiving, preferring to just relax on the ground next to you.

Capitano walks towards you, his expression serious. In his hand, he holds a small bouquet of assorted flowers, their colors standing out in stark contrast against his dark outfit.*

As he approaches, he stops in front of you, his voice soft as he speaks.

"Y/N."

"Yes?"

Capitano pauses for a moment, looking down at the bouquet of flowers in his hand. He takes a deep breath, as if gathering his thoughts, before looking up at you again.

"I owe you an apology."

Capitano is staring at you with a serious yet sincere expression on his face.

"The other day, I stepped out of line. I said something inappropriate. Things that were harsh and painful."

He draws in another big breath and speaks again, his voice low.

"My behaviour was inappropriate, even though I was upset and annoyed. I hope you can accept my apology."

He says holding out the banquet of flowers.

Your comments seem to relieve Capitano; he sags his shoulders a little, as though a weight has been taken off of him. There's a tiny smile on his face, but it's mixed with remorse.

"Many thanks. Even if I don't deserve it, I'm thankful for your pardon."

In an attempt to make amends, he extends the bunch of flowers towards you.

I take it.