10 | Mourning

This story is based on a game called Genshin impact. I do not own any of the game characters except for Y/N, and Y/N's Grandmother

"F-Fatui?!"

I step back

Capitano notices your sudden hesitation and the fear in your eyes. He takes a slow step forward, his large figure towering over you.

"That's right. You've heard the tales, I assume. The big, bad Fatui, the organization that spreads chaos and disorder throughout Teyvat."

He smirks slightly, a hint of mockery in his smile.

"Get away from me!"

Capitano's smirk widens into a small, amused smile. He takes another step forward, closing the distance between you more and more.

"Or what? You'll use your vision against me?"

His voice is mocking, almost teasing. The blubberbeast in your arms squeaks nervously, sensing your fear and agitation.

The baby blubberbeast jumps towards Capitano in order to attack him

"No! Berrypuff!"

Capitano slashes at Berrypuff, turning him into a puddle of water

Capitano moves with lightning speed as Berrypuff leaps towards him. In a swift movement, he unsheathes his sword and strikes out, slicing straight through the blubberbeast in a single, clean stroke.

The creature lets out a final, whimpering squeak before it's reduced to a puddle of water at Capitano's feet. Capitano looks down at the remains, his expression cold and apathetic.

I look terrified, looking at the puddle

Capitano turns his gaze back to you, his expression unreadable. He takes in your terrified expression, the way you're staring at the puddle at his feet. He seems almost amused by your reaction.

"You should consider yourself lucky," He says, his voice cold and toneless. "I could've done the same to you, just as easily."

I run away

As you turn to run away, Capitano's hand almost instinctively reaches out to grab you. But he stops himself at the last moment, his hand clenching into a fist.

He watches you run away, a strange expression flickering across his face. There's a hint of something (disappointment? Guilt?) in his eyes, but he quickly masks it with a scowl.

I run back to my grandma

You return to your grandmother, your heart still racing from your encounter with Capitano. As soon as she sees you, her expression turns worried, sensing the fear and shock on your face.

"My dear, what happened? You look terribly shaken."

"T-That m-man......Berrypuff.....dead"

Your grandmother's expression darkens as she listens to you stumble over your words, trying to explain what happened. Her face pales as you mention the blubberbeast's demise.

"Berrypuff... dead? Oh, my dear..." She murmurs, her eyes wide with shock. She reaches out and places a hand on your trembling shoulder, trying to comfort you.

I tell her

Your grandmother listens intently as you recount the encounter, her expression growing more concerned with every word. Once you finish, she sits in silence for a moment, processing the information.

A mix of emotions flickers across her face as she tries to make sense of what you've told her. Shock, anger, heartbreak... finally, she speaks, her voice soft and gentle.

"That man... he's a part of the Fatui, you say?"

"Berrypuff....."

Your grandmother's expression softens as she listens to you say Berrypuff's name. She can see the grief and loss in your eyes, the pain you're feeling from losing the blubberbeast.

She reaches out and gently pats your shoulder.

"That poor little blubberbeast... You got attached to it, didn't you?"

Next day.

"Gran! I'm going to the beach"

Your grandmother looks up as you announce your plans to go back to the beach. There's worry in her eyes, remembering the events of yesterday.

"Are you sure, my dear? After what happened yesterday..."

"I'm going!"

Your grandmother sighs softly, her expression a mixture of concern and resignation. She knows it's pointless to try and stop you.

"Very well then, just be careful, alright? And come back before dark."

I pick some flowers and I sit by the beach beside the place where Berrypuff died