Prologue

"Aww look at her. She's such a darling."

"Um, she's only an infant."

The Luna's face immediately changed at her mate's words. 

"Yes, she is only an infant, but she's our child. Our little princess. We should give her all our love and affection."

The Alpha immediately begins to soften up, looking at his first born child with adoration. His own child he would raise to become a natural born leader. He became distracted with his own little fantasies about their child's future.

But that peace was disrupted.

"ALPHA, LUNA! THERE'S BEEN A BREACH, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" Before the Alpha could even ask who, the whole pack house went up in flames and the Alpha's ears were filled with the screams of his people. His pack was perishing. 

"Get our child out of here now! Take the back exit, be careful. GO, NOW!"

"But what about you?"

"I'll be fine. Beta Jax, go with her and ensure their safety. I'm going to search the place and count casualties."

The beginning of the end was taking place. The Luna never made it out and the Beta was killed before he reached the exit. The Luna was surrounded by fallen beams of wood that were up in flames like the rest of the house. The Luna was near death when a hunter appeared. 

The Luna had looked up to the hunter with pleading eyes, the words that left her mouth were words a werewolf would not words usually exchanged with such an enemy.

"Please. Save my child. Raise her as your own."

The hunter looked to the werewolf stunned before another beam came crashing down causing the baby to scream louder.

"Please! I'm begging you."

The hunter nodded and took the little bundle into his arms. He gave one last look to the Luna who drew one last breath before her body went limp.

The hunter backed away from the burning mansion and gave it a stern look before staring down at the newborn child.

The pack had perished in a fire so terrible, no one would be able to remember this pack. Their story would become one of fiction and the baby, the only survivor, would grow to become a huntress rather than a werewolf.