Chapter 21: Being Luna

Evly's POV

"Luna Evly! I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Oh. I apologize but I've been really busy lately!"

"The Luna announcement party is coming up and we wanted to get the last preparations ready."

"Why are you telling me this again?"

"Ah, because it involves you, Luna!"

"I'm afraid I don't understand."

"All the preparations are your decision. Meaning we plan it, you tell us the details you want."

"Can't you just figure it out yourself, I'm very busy at the moment."

"But it's tradition for you to plan what it will look like, and we make it happen."

I internally groaned and then put on the best fake smile I could.

"That sounds fine but can we discuss this later? I have a meeting to get to."

"Oh. I didn't know I was disturbing you. My apologies, Luna." And with that, she bowed her head.

It's definitely going to be a long time before I get used to this... I walked away and into the meeting room where Mason was waiting. I could tell he looked mad because I was late and they had obviously already started the meeting.

"My apologies for my late appearance, there were some obstacles on my way here. It shouldn't happen again."

After presenting my reason for being late, Mason let out a loud sigh and I knew I would hear about it later. After all, a Luna is supposed to be on time...

The meeting was about the usual pack business, but of course, they went into the subject about the Luna ceremony. I will not be able to escape the preparations until the Luna ceremony is over, which sucks. No privacy... No sleeping in either... It's getting harder for me to remember what it was like to sit back and relax. But I have so many more responsibilities and a couple new friends... Like a wolf of my own and the other wolf inside of me. But although I complain myself I honestly couldn't have been happier.

"Luna, what would your decision be?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry but I sort of spaced out, could you repeat the situation for me?"

Everyone in the room groaned at my response, making me sink back into my seat. Everyone's eyes were on me and I had completely humiliated our pack. I really am not cut out for this job...

"Your ceremony is going to be postponed so it can be on a full moon. That way when you're going through the ritual, the effects will be even stronger and there's a chance you would become stronger than Alpha Mason, considering you were in the hunter association."

Everyone stared me down as if they haven't heard before that I used to be a part of the association that kills their kind.

"Um ya that sounds good."

I knew that wasn't a formal enough of a response because Mason was glaring at me... He's always so tense and strict about being formal when talking with people of high ranks or even just with people from another pack. Ha, except for Peter, him being Katie's mate and all.

I cleared my throat so I could voice my better response, "Yes, that's a great idea. I of course agree with that choice."

I did my absolute best not to sound mechanic but lately I've been feeling no emotion when I'm at a meeting. It's like as soon as I sit down in a meeting chair, all the emotion or energy is just drained.

Mason glanced my way and gave me a half smile but in return I only gave him a sarcastic smile.

-