Chapter 10: There's a War Outside

Mason's POV
"Alpha Mason, the hunter association has declared war."

Evly... I almost had her. I couldn't even think about the outside world my mind was so filled with thoughts about her. Beep... Beep... Beep beep... Beep beep beep... Beep beep beep beep beep... I see the doctor looking at the machine that started beeping and the color seems to leave his face.

"Doc. What's wrong. What does that beeping mean."

He just stood there in shock without saying anything. He started to open his mouth to say something but then no words came out.

"ANSWER ME!"

The doctor took a step back before hitting me with the news.

"Alpha Mason. I cannot save Evly. She's slipped too far. Now listen up, the whole hunter association is out there declaring war. I know there's a lot going on right now but I need you to focus. Lead the army..."

"FOCUS!?! On what! What the... My mate and your future Luna has slipped into a coma and you want me to go out there and say hey, Evly's long gone we can't save her but don't worry. We'll fix it! So don't start a war!" I could feel my wolf begging to come out to attack.

"Alpha. Please. Calm down."

I started growling, my eyes darkening.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!" All of a sudden we heard Katie screaming. She came barging into the room.

"Wow. I could've sworn I saw someone who looked like Peter Pan. No joke."

Oh you've got to be kidding me. Her and her fandoms! Again!

"Katie you almost gave me a heart attack!"

Katie just looked at me, tilting her head slightly. "You look... Tired?"

This girl!! I roll my eyes in the most obvious way possible.

"Anyways... That's not why I'm here. The association has crossed over the boundaries meaning they're now technically in our territory."

So that's why she screamed! Thank goodness she was screaming over something reasonable.

"You could've said that when you almost gave me a heart attack from screaming!"

She then changes her expression to a very guilty looking face.

"About that. I screamed because this guy was about to attack me. But get this! He totally resembled Peter Pan! Since he was trying to jump on me it looked like he was flying!"

I mentally face palmed myself pretending I didn't hear that. When Katie walked over she immediately stopped in her tracks.

"Why isn't the machine on? And why isn't Evly awake?"

I let out a deep sigh and sat myself down to help me contain my pain.

"Well at least she's trapped in a happy dream?"

My head immediately shoots up and not meaning to I glared at her and her comment.

"Actually. She's trapped in a nightmare where everything around her is burning! And it's quite the dream too. Her dream takes place in a territory that looks like it's been in a history book."

Katie's eyes widen at my statement.

"Oh my gods! I've read about his before!" Katie scrambled into the library and my eyes just followed her movements. "OH MY GODS AND GODDESSES!!"

And to follow that I hear a huge crashing sound. After about a minute or so Katie comes back out with a book with a bunch of sticky notes marking certain pages. She just puts the book out in front of me. I just look up at her confused. She rolls her eyes at me. Typical. She then opened the book to a certain page and showed me. It was a picture of the same exact fire that Evly was dreaming about.