Chapter 17: Disaster leads to Fear

Evly's POV
"Mason?"

He was still sitting in the same chair as the video and his gaze was staring off into the distance. "Mason, are you alright?"

I stepped closer and debated whether or not to touch him or just shout at him to get him out of his trance.

"Mason it's me."

I touched his shoulder and he immediately snapped out of his trance, but he then shot his arm out and started choking me. I was shocked and I couldn't do anything but try to grab his attention while gasping for air. His eyes were darkening, something was off with him. I turned his head slightly do that he was looking into my eyes. He immediately released me and muttered, "Mate." I could feel myself grinning knowing he's not going to hurt me.

"Katie come here! Mason's ok!"

I look back at Mason but my smile immediately disappears. This isn't the same Mason I met before. Before I could ask if he was ok his lips came crashing down on mine. I almost immediately pushed him away.

"What the hell are you doing. This isn't you, Mason."

He let out a low warning growl.

"Of course this is me. Are you saying you don't want this?"

"Actually kind of."

He let out another warning growl making me take a step back.

"You foolish girl. You should know better than to reject your mate, especially if he's an Alpha."

"Katie, where are you?"

I look back to try and find Katie but when I look back, Mason's eyes are glazed over. Something's wrong with his wolf.

"Mason! Mason, it's me! Snap out of it! Get in control!"

His eye twitched before he took a step forward, making me take a step back.

"Mason you need to get in control of your wolf."

"Is that a command? Are you commanding me?"

I felt a shiver run down my spine. At this point, I'm pretty sure I was shaking with fear. I've never seen this side of Mason. As he stepped closer, I backed up as fast as I could, leading me to bump into a wall. Why does this have to happen to me! This is seriously like so cliche. I am dead, so dead. At this point I wasn't exactly sure what to do so before I could think about my next move, I was screaming at the top of my lungs. Without thinking I kicked him where it hurts the most and ran. I ran down the halls before coming to a halt when I found Katie. Before I could call out to her I heard a low growl. He found me. Before I could scream again or protest, Mason grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth to muffle my cries of protest. I did everything I could to escape but he was just too strong. I blame superhuman Alpha strength.

"I'm going to teach you to obey your Alpha you little mutt."

This made my blood boil and I could feel my wolf surfacing.

"You really want to go down that road, Alpha? Well I've got a few words for you too."

"Is that so?"

"First of all, I hate you so much it makes my blood boil. Just the smell of you makes me sick. Ha, you call me a mutt but I got news for you, IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

If my wolf wasn't bursting with insults I would still be a kind innocent girl who wouldn't cuss. But him calling me a mutt was just so out of line my wolf was controlling part of my thoughts.

Mason let out a loud growl before throwing me through a wall. It hurt but it was worth it because now I can escape. When I saw Katie, she just looked up frozen in place.