12.

Bianca Dawson
Who is she?
•••

The following morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to make my debut at Jude's game.

It was the weekend of El Clásico, one of the most anticipated football matches in the world, where Real Madrid faces off against their arch-rivals, FC Barcelona. The atmosphere would be electric, with fans from all over the globe tuning in to watch the clash of these football titans. The stakes were always high, with pride, history, and league positions on the line.

I took a shower, letting my thoughts fly freely about how amazing this day would be. Of course, Alexis was going to lose it, but who cared? This was my day. I got out of the shower and took my vitamins. These days felt so much freer now that I had stopped taking the other medications. In fact, I was happy I tossed them before I moved here.

I took out my outfit: a Real Madrid shirt with "Bellingham 5" stamped on the back. I wondered if that would be too obvious, but no one said I wasn't allowed to wear his kit. I paired it with a sleek black leather Balmain jacket, loose trousers, and a pair of Christian Louboutin heels.

After drying my hair, I decided to style in a high ponytail, giving it a natural yet elegant look. I applied my makeup with care, going for a polished, confident appearance. A touch of foundation, a sweep of blush and a classic red lip. I looked good—no, I looked fantastic. I quickly accessorized and sprayed on my cologne.

Satisfied with my appearance, I exited the room and basically snuck out, praying I wouldn't run into Alexis. Her wrath was the last thing I needed today. My cab was already outside, waiting to take me to the Santiago Bernabeu.

As the cab made its way through the bustling streets of Madrid, I wondered what Denise's reaction would be when she saw me instead of Alexis. Would she be surprised? Confused? Annoyed? The thought made me a bit nervous, but the thrill of attending El Clásico outweighed my other concerns.

Arriving at the stadium, I joined the expedited line for those with special passes, a privilege granted to me by Jude. An attendant met me and guided me to my seat. As I approached, I saw Denise already seated. She looked back, probably expecting Alexis.

"Hi, it's nice to see you again," I greeted with a warm smile.

"Hi," Denise replied, her eyes widening in surprise. "It's a pleasant surprise, I must say. Is Alexis not coming?"

"Alexis isn't well," I explained. "And because I wanted to see the game but couldn't secure tickets, Jude said it was okay if I used her pass."

Denise nodded slowly, clearly trying to process what I had just said. I could tell she thought it was a silly move on Jude's part, but who cared? I was already here next to her, and soon pictures would be taken of us, which was just perfect.

We chatted a little, discussing how I was adjusting to my new role. Denise mentioned she was fresh off her flight and hadn't even had a chance to stop by the house yet. As our conversation flowed, the anticipation for the match grew.

Soon, the players took to the field, and the atmosphere in the stadium reached a fever pitch. The crowd erupted into cheers.

The game was intense from the start, with both teams displaying their drive to win. Jude was in top form, controlling the midfield with ease. He scored a brilliant brace, driving the ball into the net twice with precision and power. The crowd, including Denise and me, erupted in cheers each time.

Jude also provided a perfect assist to Vini, who deftly maneuvered around defenders to score. Denise and I were on our feet, cheering and clapping, fully immersed in the excitement of the game.