Fourth of July

A/N: Credit to Renowned-Wolf for helping with a few things.

Scene opens on you helping Razzle, Dazzle, and Charlie decorate for a Fourth of July party at the Hotel. 

Charlie: (on a ladder) Thanks for helping us get this up, Y/N.

Y/N: It's no problem, Charlie. Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays

You use your magic to hang an American Flag. 

Charlie: Is it because your dad serves?

Y/N: Mostly that, but there was also a big sense of community where I'm from. It helps that my Dad's friends in the Green Berets used to organize these big gatherings.

Charlie: "Used to?"

Y/N: Yeah, they're...(clears throat) they're not around anymore. They died in the line of duty. 

Charlie: Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bring up any painful memo-

She reaches her hand out to pat your shoulder in a comforting way, forgetting that she's on a ladder, and loses her footing.

Charlie: Oh, shit.

She falls off the ladder. You catch her bridal-style and she puts her arms around your neck.

Charlie: Y/N...

Y/N: Charlie...

Charlie: (heart eyes)

Y/N: (blushes)

???: HA! And you two say you're just friends.

The two of you turn and see Angel and Husk looking at the two of you with smug grins.

The two of you yelp and you set Charlie back on her hooves.

Y/N: How long have you been standing there?

Angel: (teasing) Long enough.

Charlie: Look, I don't know how many times we have to say it, we're just friends! Right...Pal?

She playfully slugs you in the arm.

Y/N: Right...Buddy.

You playfully slug her in the arm as well.

Husk: Mm-hmm. No offense baby, but how long do the two of expect us to buy the whole "we're just friends" bit?

Charlie: (shifty eyes) I don't know why you wouldn't, 'cause that's what we are.

You and Charlie awkwardly walk away from each other. 

Y/N: Anyway, Charlie and I decided to put this together since it could be a way to attract potential guests to the Hotel.

Niffty: (creepily) Any *bad boys*?

Y/N: (done with her) Niffty, I swear to all that is Unholy-!

You banish her to the shadow realm.

Angel and Husk: O_O.

Y/N: That's gotta be one of my more useful spells.

Cut to you decorating outside the Hotel, not noticing a couple of military themed demons  approaching the Hotel.