Chapter 269 - Masterpiece 6

As soon as the first day report card of 'Island of the Missing' was released.

1. Island of the Missing / Release date: May 19 / Number of audiences: 700,223 / Number of screens: 1159 / Cumulative number of viewers: 700,223

About 50 people gathered at the Oullim Film Studio suddenly started screaming.

"Wow!!"

"hurr!! Is that true?!"

"Hahaha, it's true, really!!"

"Congratulations, Director!!"

"Oh, no!! 700,000?! Per day??!"

"and!! This really doesn't make sense!"

"Wake up ! It's real!!"

They shouted at the same time, causing the studio to shake violently. The key staff, including the cinematographer and lighting director, were jumping around and embracing each other, and the CEOs and executives of the film company were also in an uproar, applauding. The staff at the distribution company were half running around and half busy making phone calls.

It was a worthy result.

700,000 viewers in just one day. Even though it was peak season on a red day, it would be enough to say that it was amazing. There were many movies that failed to sell more than 1 million units a year and sank. However, 'Island of the Missing' raised a figure close to 1 million in just one day.

If it stayed like this, It would be crazy.

Promotion and marketing had to be sped up even more, and these absurd results had to be disseminated far and wide. Even if they stay still, the media will take care of it, but if they add a booster, word of mouth will spread even faster through numerous mass media, YouTube, SNS, and public opinion.

The power of increasing audience numbers derives from there.

Word of mouth.

Depending on how unconventional the power and speed of the word of mouth was, the flow was like heaven and earth. In fact, Kang Woo-jin experienced that disaster-level power in 'Drug Dealer'.

For reference, the first day performance of 'Drug Dealer' was 250,000 viewers.

It is about three times different from 'Island of the Missing'. Well, the 'drug dealer' was a cameo, so it was natural. Whatever it is, the first day results achieved by 'Island of the Missing' are legendary. This is clearly proven just by looking at the frantic shoulder dance of so many people in the movie version.

"Well, this is my first time seeing 700,000 posted in one day!!"

"me too! I saw up to 500,000! even 650,000!"

"Director! Congratulations so much!!"

"I'm really looking forward to this being a huge hit??!"

The current grades were also unfamiliar to them. No, it was safe to say that it was hardly ever seen. It is no different for director Kwon Ki-taek, who is considered one of the top Korean master directors.

'······700,000 viewers per day – that's a ridiculous number.'

Director Kwon Ki-taek had already surpassed 10 million viewers, but even for him, the maximum was 600,000 viewers per day. This is his first time seeing 700,000.

"It's amazing."

At this time, the employee in front of the laptop shouted.

"It's not much of a difference!!"

Other members of the crowd gathered in confusion.

"what?!"

"You bastard! What do you mean by cutting everything from front to back?"