Chapter 338

Kim So-hyang, the Executive Director of Netflix Korea, was intrigued by PD Song Man-woo's sudden suggestion. It was somewhat unexpected but certainly plausible. The idea of splitting the 12-episode "Beneficial Evil" into two parts and thus halving the time required until the launch was compelling.

"Not bad. Actually, it might be a good idea."

The content market was a battlefield these days. With the proliferation of broadcast networks, cable and satellite channels, YouTube, and numerous OTT platforms, the market was overflowing with options. To stand out, not only did content quality matter, but timing was also crucial.

PD Song Man-woo had pinpointed that timing.

The plan was to split the 12 episodes of "Beneficial Evil" into two parts: episodes 1-6 and episodes 7-12, with a gap in between. This meant focusing intensely on the shooting and editing of the first part to release it first, while working on the second part in the meantime. It was a strategic approach, different from the usual release formats of one episode at a time, three episodes per week, or releasing everything at once.

Given the flood of content from various sources, standing out was essential.

Therefore, splitting one part into two wasn't unusual. Kim So-hyang, the Executive Director, suddenly became curious and asked PD Song Man-woo about his reasoning.

"PD, I'm intrigued, but is there a specific reason you thought of this approach?"

Song Man-woo, a veteran with several hit projects and decades of experience, had clearly calculated his plan.

"To be blunt, it's because of our main actor."

"Main actor? Oh—Kang Woo-jin?"

"Yes. Of course, we could release all 12 episodes as originally planned. By that time, Woo-jin would definitely be making a huge impact somewhere, domestically or internationally. However."

"However?"

"Every project has a timing for its boost. In my view, the timing for 'Beneficial Evil' needs to be as early as possible."

With a more serious tone, Song Man-woo extended his five fingers and then folded them one by one.

"Woo-jin's 'The Leech,' the collaboration album with Miley Kara, and now the Cannes Film Festival. Plus, there's a strange mix of Hollywood figures involved."

"True, Hollywood representatives came to Bangkok too. They might have come because of Kara, but they definitely saw Woo-jin's energy."

"I believe Woo-jin will start making moves toward Hollywood by the end of this year or early next year. Even if he doesn't push himself, the fact that he was invited to Cannes means the answer is clear. Hollywood bigwigs will certainly notice him, and they won't let Kang Woo-jin slip away."

The plane slightly shook, and Kim So-hyang and writer Choi Na-na acknowledged this with simple nods. PD Song Man-woo continued.

"Whether he makes a splash at Cannes or in Hollywood, Woo-jin's popularity will soar internationally. If 'Beneficial Evil' launches at that time, it will naturally attract more global attention than usual."

Kim So-hyang and Choi Na-na began to imagine the scenario. Kang Woo-jin, already attracting interest from Hollywood and globally, dropping a global bombshell, and "Beneficial Evil" launching worldwide via Netflix amid this surge in interest.

"It's a no-brainer. We also have 'Her' in the mix."

Miley Kara was an added bonus.

Song Man-woo lowered his voice.