Chapter 406 - 408

Chapter 406: The Thunderous Noise (1)

As Disney's "Beast," what is there to illuminate? Memories? Kang Woo-jin, sitting at the golden piano, stared blankly for a moment while looking at Director Bill Rothner's smiling face.

"······"

Of course, his face was not one of foolishness, given its strong cynicism. Kang Woo-jin repeated the words just muttered by the elderly foreign director. He was asked to illuminate the memories of the global fans as Disney's "Beast." It even mentioned enduring many controversies for the image of him sitting at the piano. What does that mean? Does it mean I am the "Beast"? Does it mean I have become the "Beast"?

After a few seconds, Kang Woo-jin calmly asked Director Bill Rothner for confirmation.

"···So, if you say 'as the Beast,' does that mean I've been cast as the Beast?"

Director Bill Rothner's smile, with his thinning hair lightly brushed back, grew even wider.

"That's right, Kang Woo-jin. You have been confirmed as the Beast. Congratulations, and I look forward to working with you."

Director Bill Rothner placed a hand on the shoulder of the poker-faced Kang Woo-jin. At this point, Kang Woo-jin's outward expression was calm, but internally, it was a whirlwind of excitement.

'Wow!!'

He nearly leapt up and hugged Director Bill Rothner. He even felt like playing the piano with great enthusiasm.

'This foreign grandpa's buildup made me so nervous!! Insane! I am the Beast!'

In an instant, memories of his childhood flashed through Kang Woo-jin's mind. The times he watched Disney animated movies, including "Beauty and the Beast." Now, he was going to embody the live-action version of that film. Beating out many top Hollywood actors. It felt different from the thrill of passing the audition for "Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain."

It was more of an overwhelming sensation.

Of course, "Pierrot" was a great project, but "Beauty and the Beast" had a colossal global recognition. As Kang Woo-jin's heartbeat quickened, Director Bill Rothner pointed to the piano and spoke again.

"I could have told you anywhere, but I wanted to let you know right here. I also wanted to see this image again. How do you feel?"

Kang Woo-jin forced himself to calm down, even though he was thrilled inside. It was time to stay composed.

"Thank you, I look forward to working with you."

Director Bill Rothner, still smiling, tilted his head slightly.

"Hmm? You don't look as happy as I expected."

"No, I am happy."

"Haha. I asked because you seemed so calm despite being cast as the male lead in

"'Beauty and the Beast.' It's intriguing how someone who's usually so calm can be so different when acting. That's probably why Hollywood is so interested."

"······"

Kang Woo-jin remained silent. He was struggling to stay composed, and Director Bill Rothner, checking the time, adjusted his black-rimmed glasses and spoke again.

"We need to move to World Disney Pictures. Everyone will be waiting."

This referred to the entire production team for "Beauty and the Beast."

"Is it okay if we depart from here in 30 minutes?"

"That's fine."

Director Rothner, who showed another smile to Kang Woo-jin, turned and walked toward the waiting foreign staff. Kang Woo-jin also got up from the golden piano, taking a moment to breathe discreetly.

"Phew—"

He looked over to see Choi Seong-geon and the team waiting and staring intently. The anticipation was palpable. Kang Woo-jin walked slowly, his expression composed, though his excitement was hard to conceal. Choi Seong-geon couldn't hold back his impatience and rushed up to Kang Woo-jin.

"What did Director Rothner say? The mood shifted from serious to cheerful. What happened? Did you get the role or not?"

"······"

"Woo-jin? Why the silence? Did you get rejected? Did they offer another role? Come on, tell me."

Choi Seong-geon and the team looked at Kang Woo-jin with anxious faces. Kang Woo-jin responded calmly and clearly.

"I got the role of the Beast."

Upon hearing this, Choi Seong-geon and the team were initially speechless.

"······"

"······"

They all remained silent, staring at Kang Woo-jin's composed face.

Then,

"Wow!! Ah!"

Choi Seong-geon raised his arms and shouted, then quickly covered his mouth with one hand. This was because the production team, including Director Rothner, was present. Choi Seong-geon, with his hands clenched in excitement, leaned in to whisper to Kang Woo-jin.

"You can't show off like this as the representative of an actor contracted with two of Hollywood's 'Big Five' studios. It's embarrassing."

His tone was filled with happiness.

"Congratulations, Woo-jin. You're creating an unprecedented legend, whether in Korea or Hollywood."

Behind them, Kang Woo-jin, Choi Seong-geon, and the team followed Director Rothner and the production team to World Disney Pictures. The ride in the van to the studio was like a wild celebration. Everyone, except Choi Seong-geon, was shouting excitedly.

"Ah!! Congratulations, Oppa!!!"

"Wow!!! Ugh, I'm so happy!! I'm crying."

"Wow! Imagine the reaction when it's announced that Oppa has been cast as the Beast!! Not just in Korea, but worldwide!!"

Even amidst the frenzy, Kang Woo-jin shared the sentiment. The success of "The Beneficial Evil" and "Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain" had recently made waves globally. The international and Korean media were all buzzing about him.

If the biggest controversy and attention-grabbing news about "Beauty and the Beast" hit the scene,

"This is beyond imagination."

A whirlwind of unprecedented proportions seemed inevitable. Regardless, once Kang Woo-jin and Choi Seong-geon arrived at the expansive World Disney Pictures, they joined Director Rothner and the production team in a large meeting room. Many foreign staff were already there, including the producer, executives, key staff, and others from the audition.

Director Rothner seamlessly integrated into the group.

- Swish.

Kang Woo-jin took the seat at the first place on the opposite side. Choi Seong-geon sat next to him, looking quite nervous. In contrast, Woo-jin was relatively calm. Now that he had come this far, there was no turning back. Soon, all the foreign staff in the meeting room congratulated Woo-jin. There were many words of encouragement as well. This lasted for about 10 minutes before the executive producer of "Beauty and the Beast" changed the topic.

"There will be several meetings ahead, but we can arrange those as we go."

This referred to the official contract, including the astronomical amount of money, much like with "Pierrot: The Villain's Birth." Woo-jin wondered how much of an astronomical figure would be involved this time. When Woo-jin momentarily drifted off in thought, the producer continued.

"First, we have a request for you, Kang Woo-jin."

A request? What kind of request?

"What is it?"

"Since you've been confirmed for the role of the Beast, there will be auditions for the role of Belle. As you know, several confirmed candidates, including Miley Kara, will be participating. We'd like you to attend the audition as the Beast to observe."

Woo-jin had heard about this during a previous call with Miley Kara. They wanted to see the chemistry between the Beast and Belle to gauge their synchronization. Woo-jin found it interesting. It would be fun to see the other candidates as well.

More importantly,

'It's like I'll get a preview of the live-action 'Beauty and the Beast.''

He could experience a bit of the live-action version of "Beauty and the Beast."

"When is the audition for Belle?"

Director Bill Rothner answered for the producer.

"It's on the morning of the 28th, around 11 a.m."

Today was the 21st. So, it was about a week away. The serious Woo-jin glanced at Choi Seong-geon sitting next to him. He silently asked if the schedule would work. After a moment of thought, Choi Seong-geon nodded. Woo-jin then replied to Director Rothner.

"It's possible."

Upon hearing this, the faces of Director Rothner, the executive producer, and all the production staff of "Beauty and the Beast" brightened. Director Rothner, adjusting his black-rimmed glasses, changed the topic.

"And, Mr. Woo-jin, please wait a bit before we announce your confirmation for the role of the Beast. It's a topic that will stir up a lot of excitement among fans worldwide, and we have some preparations to make on our end."

"Of course."

"It won't take too long, though. Since we've already decided to endure it, there's no major reason to worry."

At this point, the executive producer sitting to the right of Director Rothner interjected.

"I hear you'll soon be appearing on 'The Jamie Show.'"

It seemed they had read about Woo-jin's appearance on the top American talk show. Woo-jin nodded calmly.

"Yes."

"When is the recording?"

"Tomorrow."

"Is it in New York?"

"Yes, that's correct."

The producer, slowly nodding, whispered with the surrounding staff for a moment and then spoke again, with a smile on his face.

"It should be fine. I have an idea. Would you like to hear it?"

The following day, September 22nd.

'[Star Photo] Kang Woo-jin's photo from New York, for 'The Jamie Show' recording?/ Photo'

The recording of Kang Woo-jin's appearance on 'The Jamie Show' began.

A few days later, on the night of the 26th, in LA.

The location was a grand two-story mansion, quite far from the city center. The entire building was white-toned, with a large yard and swimming pool. Despite being called a two-story mansion, its overall size could easily be considered three stories. The mansion was so massive that even the living room was impressively large, and the furniture appeared luxurious.

In that grand living room, a man with brown hair dressed casually in a hooded sweatshirt appeared, holding snacks in one hand and the script for "Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain" in the other.

- Swish.

It was Chris Hartnett, a top Hollywood actor with deep brown eyes and an attractive gaze. After brushing his hair back, Chris sat deeply into the sofa, checked the time, and turned on the enormous TV in front of him.

"It should be starting soon."

Chris Hartnett, with his legs crossed, popped a potato chip into his mouth and manipulated the remote control. The large TV displayed various foreign faces as channels switched.

Then.

- ♬♪

On one channel, an opening song familiar to Chris played. It was 'The Jamie Show,' America's number one late-night talk show. By now, many international audiences, besides Chris, would be watching the show. Soon, a simple table and a plush one-person sofa appeared on the TV. The host of 'The Jamie Show,' who was also someone Chris knew, started his usual opening remarks.

-["Welcome to 'The Jamie Show'! Today, we have an actor who is making waves in Hollywood! He's also the first Korean actor ever to be on 'The Jamie Show!'"]

Chris smiled watching the show.

"He's always the first at everything."

The host then introduced today's guest.

-["Actor Kang Woo-jin!!"]

The guest entrance music played, and the camera angle shifted slightly. A man with black hair and a nonchalant expression, dressed in a suit, walked into the one-person sofa. It was Kang Woo-jin. After shaking hands with the host, he sat on the sofa and greeted the camera in a low-toned English.

-["Hello, I'm actor Kang Woo-jin."]

As soon as Woo-jin appeared, Chris's smile widened.

"Oh— he looks great! Haha, he's so different from 'Joker.'"

Chris, munching on potato chips, focused on 'The Jamie Show' with amusement. Soon, the TV show's interview with Kang Woo-jin began.

-["You have a lot to say, but as one of the busiest men in Hollywood, how do you feel?"]

-["Not bad."]

-["······Is that all?"]

-["Yes."]

-["Hey! This is 'The Jamie Show'! Give us a more detailed answer!"]

As the show's characteristic humor appeared, Chris chuckled. About 20 minutes had passed, and the conversation, starting from Woo-jin's debut, had moved on to discuss the Cannes Film Festival and Miley Kara.

-["You're close with Miley Kara, right?"]

-["I've received a lot of help from her."]

-["You even participated in her album. Probably, that was when people started recognizing you in Hollywood. Then you appeared in 'The Beneficial Evil' as well. Oh! I really enjoyed 'The Beneficial Evil.'"]

-["Thank you."]

-["We'll talk more about the Netflix global hit 'The Beneficial Evil' later, but you've been frequently associated with Miley. Recently, you were also confirmed as a candidate for the live-action film of 'Beauty and the Beast,' right?"]

Regarding 'Beauty and the Beast,' Chris Hartnett watching TV slowly nodded.

"Yeah, I was surprised too. The announcement came right after 'Joker.' By the way, I heard the audition for the Beast role has finished— but, it's going to be tough to be with both Columbia and Disney."

At that moment,

-["No, I'm not just a candidate actor."]

TV's Kang Woo-jin said in a cynical tone. Chris tilted his head.

"Hmm?"

Kang Woo-jin's low-toned voice continued on TV.

-["I have been confirmed for the role of the Beast."]

At that moment, Chris Hartnett's brown eyes widened, and his movements stopped. He could only open his mouth slightly.

"What... did he say?"

Chapter 407: The Thunderous Noise (2)

While watching TV, Chris Hartnett suddenly widened his brown eyes in shock and froze. It was a rare sight to see the Hollywood superstar so flustered. He even dropped a potato chip on the floor.

"... Huh? What—?"

His eyes remained fixed on the TV, where Kang Woo-jin was speaking.

"Really? Is this true?"

He was clearly stunned. The reason was obvious. Kang Woo-jin, appearing on the top-rated American show "The Jamie Show," had just made a bombshell announcement.

-["No, I'm not a candidate actor. I've been confirmed for the role of 'Beast.'"]

This announcement, which had been one of the biggest controversies among global audiences since its release, was made by Kang Woo-jin, one of the candidate actors. It was a completely unexpected revelation, like a bolt from the blue, with no prior hints or promotions.

Moreover,

"Wow... And he delivers such a bombshell announcement so nonchalantly?"

Kang Woo-jin's face on TV looked so calm that it almost seemed bored. It suggested that the news was no big deal to him. Because of this, Chris, who remained frozen and kept his eyes glued to the TV, thought he might have misheard.

'Did I hear that wrong?'

Struggling to regain his composure, Chris grabbed the remote and increased the volume. Soon, the TV host, also showing a hint of confusion, asked Woo-jin again.

-["...Excuse me? Did you just say—"]

Exactly what I want to ask. Chris, sharing the same sentiment as the host, stared intently at the TV with a serious expression. Nothing changed, as Kang Woo-jin answered again in his low, brief tone.

-["I said that I've been confirmed for the role of 'Beast.'"]

-["Oh!! Really? Is this for real?"]

-["Yes."]

-["You're speaking so quietly about such a huge thing, it's hard to believe. Are you joking?"]

-["I'm not really one for jokes."]

Kang Woo-jin, who answered appropriately, then looked directly at the camera, addressing the viewers of "The Jamie Show."

-["I've been confirmed for the role of 'Beast,' and it is indeed true."]

At this moment, Chris Hartnett, watching the TV, showed a noticeable reaction. He suddenly burst into laughter.

"Haha! Wow! This is really surprising! 'Joker' and now 'Beast'? I've never seen anything like this. I thought it was impossible in Hollywood—"

It was indeed a surprising situation. While Hollywood had many top actors, it was unprecedented for a newcomer like Kang Woo-jin to land such major roles immediately. Moreover, he was a Korean actor, making this achievement even more notable in Hollywood, which is not his home turf.

Additionally,

"... To think that 'Columbia Studios' and 'World Disney Pictures' would cast the same actor."

It was unprecedented for both of these massive studios, referred to as the 'Big Five' in Hollywood, to cast the same actor as the lead at around the same time. While it might be possible for a candidate actor due to various circumstances or luck, actually landing the lead role was beyond mere luck. This was proof that both studios were deeply invested in Kang Woo-jin, overlooking many interests, face, and traditions.

Having spent many years in Hollywood, Chris Hartnett understood this better than anyone.

"Is it possible for a Korean actor to achieve what I struggled with over my many years of experience in less than a year? It's intriguing and slightly envy-inducing."

But then Chris thought about Kang Woo-jin's performance as 'Joker.'

"'Beast' must have also shown 'realness.' That's why 'World Disney Pictures' had to cast him."

Feeling a bit disheartened, Chris sank back into the sofa, while on TV, the host of "The Jamie Show" was still excited.

-["Wow! There's nothing light about the episodes related to you! Before we even started talking about 'Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain,' a bombshell about 'Beauty and the Beast' exploded! Anyway, congratulations!! It's an incredible achievement."]

-["Thank you."]

-["But is it really okay to make such a huge announcement here suddenly?"]

-["Yes. I thought it would be fine on 'The Jamie Show.'"]

-["Haha, this is an honor, isn't it? Have you already discussed this with Disney?"]

-["Yes. It was already discussed in advance."]

Unlike the excited host, Kang Woo-jin remained solemn. The host continued.

-["This show will definitely cause a stir in Hollywood and around the world! It's already a hot topic!"]

Taking advantage of the explosive announcement, the host continued with questions about "Beauty and the Beast."

-["You're joining 'Beauty and the Beast' almost immediately after 'Pierrot.' How did you feel when you received the offer?"]

-["Of course, I was happy."]

-["Haha. You seem pretty calm now. Did you expect this to happen?"]

-["To some extent."]

The surprised host then pointed to the camera.

-["Do you have anything to say to the viewers of this show?"]

Kang Woo-jin, addressing the viewers on TV, replied nonchalantly.

-["To me, 'Beauty and the Beast' is a precious work full of memories, and I will put everything into it without regrets. Actors usually do whatever it takes for their roles, but I might be even more daring this time. I will do whatever is necessary for the synchronization of 'Beast,' even if it means shaving my head. You can criticize the work after watching it if you like."]

In simple terms, he was telling people not to jump to conclusions prematurely.

Seeing this, Chris Hartnett chuckled and murmured.

"It's going to be fiery, blazing."

Afterward, Kang Woo-jin discussed various topics on "The Jamie Show" after dropping the bombshell about the role of 'Beast.' The conversation covered "Beauty and the Beast," "Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain," the globally impactful "Beneficial Evil," his SNS, the "Kang Woo-jin Alter Ego" channel, and more. The discussion even briefly touched on Part 2 of "Beneficial Evil."

The show, rich with explosive revelations and entertainment, ended late at night.

However, Hollywood, including the United States, was not quiet.

"I can't stay still. I wonder how others reacted? I need to start reaching out."

Chris, sitting in front of the TV, began calling his fellow actors, and Miley Kara, who watched "The Jamie Show" at home, was similarly excited, even more so than Chris.

"Just as I thought!! I knew Kang Woo-jin would land the 'Beast' role! But isn't this insane? Announcing it out of the blue on 'The Jamie Show'?!"

News of Kang Woo-jin's casting spread like wildfire among Hollywood actors who had seen 'The Jamie Show' and those who had auditioned for 'Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain' alongside him.

"This is unbelievable. Is it really true that he's confirmed as the 'Beast'? Both Columbia and Disney at the same time?"

And among those who auditioned for the 'Beast' role:

"I understand why I didn't get it, but it's strange that Kang Woo-jin was confirmed for the 'Beast' role!!"

Actors who had seen Kang Woo-jin at Cannes, those who felt intrigued or uncomfortable by his appearance, and people from various industries were all talking about this astonishing news. It was a completely unprecedented situation.

Hollywood was buzzing.

Immediately after the 'The Jamie Show,' international news outlets began releasing related articles:

- 'LA TIMES: Kang Woo-jin, the first Korean actor on 'The Jamie Show,' declares "I am the Beast"'
- 'BBX: Kang Woo-jin confirmed as the 'Beast' in Disney's live-action 'Beauty and the Beast,' directly announced by him!'
- 'CNM: Kang Woo-jin confirmed for the 'Beast' role on 'The Jamie Show'! Following 'Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain,' now joining 'Beauty and the Beast?''

The buildup of excitement and fan reactions from 'Pierrot' and 'The Beneficial Evil' were palpable.

- 'NT: "I am the Beast" - Kang Woo-jin's direct confirmation of casting has fans around the world saying, "You can criticize after watching the work."'

Kang Woo-jin's unexpected announcement added fuel to the fire of the already enthusiastic fanbase.

- 'ABY: Kang Woo-jin confirmed for 'Beast' role, simultaneous casting by Columbia Studios and Disney is highly unusual.'

Disney quickly released an official statement on their social media channels:

- "Hello, this is Disney. The role of the Beast in 'Beauty and the Beast' has been confirmed for Kang Woo-jin. We have high expectations for him and believe he will complete the role perfectly. We ask for the continued support of fans who love 'Beauty and the Beast'..."

The timing of the announcement was impeccable. All eyes were now on Kang Woo-jin from Columbia Studios and Hollywood's major film studios.

- 'LA TIMES: Disney confirms Kang Woo-jin as the 'Beast,' first comment is from Columbia Studios.'

But the most excited of all were the public.

- 'Fuck!!! Seriously??'

The first reactions came from international viewers of 'The Jamie Show.'

- "Really? Is it confirmed? Kang Woo-jin is definitely playing the Beast??!!"
- "I thought everyone would be surprised; I even spat out my beer when I saw Kang Woo-jin's announcement on 'The Jamie Show.'"
- "Disney... I'm disappointed."
- "Everyone seems off about this? I think it's fine that he's playing the Beast."
- "No way! I thought Kang Woo-jin only did Pierrot?? Why!!"
- "We need to guess why Hollywood's big studios are so keen on him. Kang Woo-jin has indeed stirred a fresh storm in Hollywood since 'The Beneficial Evil.'"
- "Shut up!! I can't accept it!"

The news quickly spread worldwide. Communities and social media were flooded with discussions about Kang Woo-jin, 'The Jamie Show,' and 'Beauty and the Beast.'

Just one hour after 'The Jamie Show' ended.

In the morning, at Kang Woo-jin's LA home.

It was past 9 AM. Woo-jin, groggy from just waking up, immediately reached for his phone.

"Ugh!"

Stretching, he grabbed his phone. Even though messages and DMs were arriving, his phone was silent. It had been set to mute. Naturally, Woo-jin had watched 'The Jamie Show' last night.

"Wow—so many messages."

The vibrations were intense. Woo-jin first checked his missed calls—over 20 of them. None from his parents or Kang Hyun-ah, as he had contacted them before the show. His messages were overloaded. Many from friends, Korean top actors like Hwa-lin and Hong Hye-yeon, as well as big-name directors like Song Man-woo and Kwon Ki-taek.

And for DMs:

"This is chaos."

Similar to messages but in different languages—Japanese, Hollywood-centric contacts. Even Joseph Felton, a famous Hollywood producer, had messaged. It was impossible to respond to each individually.

- Swipe.

Woo-jin put down his phone, a smile spreading across his face.

"Is this what I expected? Hehe, but this is just the beginning."

The real storm was just starting. Enjoying the thrill of the moment, Woo-jin picked up his phone again, this time to check reactions from Korea, given the time difference.

"Let's see—"

Seeing it directly felt different. The Korean top search site displayed:

- '[Breaking] Kang Woo-jin confirmed for 'Beauty and the Beast' as 'Beast' by Disney.'

Kang Woo-jin's name dominated the search site. 'The Jamie Show' aired about 10 hours ago, so the news had reached Korea well in advance. Likely, it gained momentum within 30 minutes of the show ending.

At that moment.

"Mm?"

Although it was on silent, Woo-jin's phone screen changed. He had a call from Seong-gun. Woo-jin cleared his throat, answered the phone, and spoke in a calm voice.

"Yes, CEO."

On the other end, Seong-gun was urgent.

"Woo-jin! Turn on the TV! Right now!"

Still puzzled, Woo-jin moved to the first-floor living room. He grabbed the remote from the table and tuned into the channel Seong-gun had mentioned. News was broadcasting, and it was from a well-known American network.

Interestingly,

"Wow—I'm on TV!"

Kang Woo-jin was appearing on American morning news.

Chapter 408: The Thunderous Noise (3)

The American morning news that Kang Woo-jin was watching had a slightly more relaxed tone compared to Korean news. The anchors often mixed in witty remarks while delivering the news.

And right now:

-["There was a film that became a hot topic because it was being adapted by 'World Disney Pictures,' right? It's 'Beauty and the Beast.' Since the original work was globally popular, there was quite a buzz when the candidate actors were announced. Well, the actor for the Beast role in 'Beauty and the Beast' has been confirmed as of yesterday."]

A male and female anchor, along with a guest expert, were covering cultural issues among various news topics. The buzz around 'Beauty and the Beast' was the main topic of discussion.

-["Among the candidate actors, Kang Woo-jin himself made a surprise announcement on 'The Jamie Show,' didn't he?"]

-["That's right. Afterwards, 'World Disney Pictures' officially confirmed Kang Woo-jin through their social media channels."]

Soon, the news screen showing the anchors shifted to show Kang Woo-jin. Although the images were edited together, many were from the previous day's 'The Jamie Show.' Seeing his own face on the news, Woo-jin forgot his usual demeanor and focused on the screen.

"Wow, this is so surreal."

It wasn't strange. Seeing his face on a famous American news channel, and even being the main subject of the news, felt completely new, despite having experienced similar situations in Korea.

The news screen soon switched back to the anchors.

-["Kang Woo-jin's journey is really remarkable."]

-["Indeed. He's achieved many things as the first Korean actor. From winning the Best Actor award at Cannes, collaborating with Miley Cara on an album, securing the lead role in 'The Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain,' starting 'The Beneficial Evil' as the number one in the U.S., to now being confirmed as the Beast in 'Beauty and the Beast.'"]

-["Wow, hearing it directly is even more astonishing. Moreover, it's said that Kang Woo-jin is the first actor to land lead roles at Columbia and Disney simultaneously?"]

-["That's true, but the focus should be on the timing. It took less than six months for Kang Woo-jin to go from Cannes to shaking up Hollywood."]

The anchors and the expert guest discussed in a conversational, somewhat analytical manner. Kang Woo-jin's name was mentioned countless times. Although there had been news about Korean matters on American media, Woo-jin was the only one to receive such extensive coverage solo for this long.

-["What could be the reason for his immediate attention in Hollywood?"]

In response to the question from the news, Kang Woo-jin, who had his arms crossed, thought:

"Yeah, what's the answer? Let's hear it."

The foreign expert on TV with a full beard responded immediately.

-["He has shown unprecedented speed, even in Korea. Would you believe Kang Woo-jin has only been active for three years?"]

-["Three years? Really?"]

-["Yes. Despite his short career, Kang Woo-jin is mysterious and eccentric. His character is fascinating. According to acquaintances who have seen him, he appears like a newbie at first glance, but inside, he seems like a veteran who has honed his skills for decades. They describe this as his star aura."]

Kang Woo-jin's lips curled into a smile.

"Who said that? Who praised me like that?"

The expert on TV continued.

-["Of course, his behavior in the media isn't ordinary either. At Cannes, he casually mentioned 'the Academy Awards' in his remarks, and the same happened during the press conference for 'The Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain,' where he was announced as the lead. And on 'The Jamie Show,' after confirming his role as the Beast, he confidently told the world's critics to 'criticize only after watching the work.'"]

-["Hmm, he gives off the vibe of a fearless troublemaker."]

-["Yes, but it's not all lighthearted. His talent is what makes him succeed in Cannes or Hollywood, and his influence is proven by 'The Beneficial Evil.' Even those who criticized him became fans. There may be differing opinions, but one thing is certain: he's a unique type of actor that has never appeared in Hollywood before."]

-["Is that the driving force?"]

-["Along with those factors, his good looks, linguistic abilities, and various skills also play a part. His musical talent is also a factor. Although the casting of the Beast may provoke significant controversy, Kang Woo-jin's recognition will continue to rise sharply."]

Listening to the explanation, Kang Woo-jin gave a thumbs-up to the TV.

"Expert, I acknowledge you."

The news continued to discuss Kang Woo-jin for a few more minutes before shifting topics. It had been about 10 minutes.

At this point, the phone rang. The caller was Choi Seong-geon.

"Did you see the news?"

"Yes, CEO."

"Good. But once Disney starts its proper promotion, it will get even noisier. How does it feel to be the first Korean actor to be featured solo on American news?"

Although he might have felt like dancing a jig, Woo-jin's response was calm.

"Just like that."

On the other end of the line, Choi Seong-geon chuckled.

"Hehe, I knew you'd be like that. Get ready. We're heading to 'World Disney Pictures.'"

Soon after, Kang Woo-jin, Choi Seong-geon, and the team got into a large van. As the van sped away, Woo-jin's name was broadcast in English over the radio. American morning news was still discussing 'Beauty and the Beast' on the radio.

The team members were buzzing with excitement.

But Kang Woo-jin maintained a poker face. Inside, he felt a sense of wonder. It was like, "How did my name spread across this vast America?" Woo-jin crossed his legs and picked up his phone. The first thing he checked was YouTube. He wanted to see the status of the 'Kang Woo-jin alter ego' channel, but it wasn't necessary.

"The reactions are crazy."

Kang Woo-jin had already dominated the top 10 in real-time videos.

-Kang Woo-jin Confirmed as the Beast! #KangWooJin #Hollywood #BeautyAndTheBeast #Disney #TheJamieShow|Overseas Top Issues TV

-<>|Movie Bell

The reason was that issue-specialized YouTubers and various other YouTubers were mentioning "Beauty and the Beast" and Kang Woo-jin. It was the hottest topic at the moment, so this was expected. This was not only true for Korean YouTube but also for American YouTube. Although Woo-jin did not verify it himself, it was clear that YouTube channels worldwide were buzzing about the same issue.

Kang Woo-jin touched any video on the 'Kang Woo-jin Alter Ego.'

- Swipe.

He immediately closed it.

'Ugh, this is seriously insane.'

The comments were in a frenzy. They were dozens of times more chaotic than before. SNS was not quiet either. It felt as if every country in the world was flooding Woo-jin's SNS. Woo-jin couldn't help but smile.

'Hollywood's influence is indeed amazing.'

The media and public opinion were more intense than ever on a global scale. Naturally, Korea was included in this and was even more extreme than any other country.

"Woo-jin, the first Korean actor to star in a Disney film, confirmed for the role of 'Beast' in 'Beauty and the Beast!'"

"Woo-jin, who declared to the world on 'The Jamie Show,' grabs the lead role in 'Beauty and the Beast' after beating out top Hollywood actors."

"[Star Talk] Korean male actor Kang Woo-jin, the first Disney lead, has the world screaming for him / Photos."

A day later.

- Kang Woo-jin is really a lunatic, lol. It looks like he's just casually doing things, but he's conquering the world, lol.

- The national pride is insane... lol...

- But seriously, isn't Kang Woo-jin the first to pull off such a huge casting feat? I haven't seen it in Hollywood.

- The real shocker is that 'Beneficial Evil' is also number one globally.

- Ah, but I don't like Kang Woo-jin as the Beast.

- ↑ This person definitely hasn't seen Kang Woo-jin's work.

- Woo-jin's form, from the Cannes Film Festival to now, is insane!!!

- Kang Woo-jin always has controversies with any project, lol. Even with the latest one, people are saying the same. But he always shuts them down with his amazing acting, lol.

Even after two days, the commotion did not die down. On the contrary, the noise continued to escalate. If it had only been noisy in Korea, it might have been limited, but with the whole world, including the US, buzzing, there was no one who could stop this bizarre trend.

It was like a controversy spreading like a trend.

- lol, even major foreign YouTubers are buzzing about Kang Woo-jin, lol.

The global media stoked the fire, and famous YouTubers, internet broadcasters, and influencers, along with numerous people from overseas, added fuel to the flames.

A clear divide in opinions was evident.

But the more it was debated.

- Chris Hartnett mentioned Kang Woo-jin on SNS, lol. He said Woo-jin's acting is insane, lol.

Strangely, Kang Woo-jin's global recognition soared exponentially.

"[Issue Check] 'World Star' Kang Woo-jin, top global luxury brands are rushing to him... First choice for ambassador."

And.

"Kang Woo-jin's 'Beneficial Evil' may go to the Emmys... Foreign press says he has the qualifications to be a nominee."

The incredible momentum of 'Beneficial Evil' continued.

About a week later, on the 28th in LA.

As Kang Woo-jin's global recognition grew stronger, the 28th, the last day of February, arrived. The time was around 10 a.m. The location was the 'SPT Studio,' a massive set complex of over 50,000 square meters where the filming of 'Beauty and the Beast' was taking place. The area in front of the stage where the audition for the role of the Beast was held was bustling.

Several vans, trucks, and buses were parked, and over a hundred foreigners were running around.

Naturally, these were the staff of 'Beauty and the Beast.'

A large white van had just arrived in front of the stage. And then.

- Swipe.

A foreign woman with striking chestnut-colored eyes and a significant amount of eye area on her face stepped out of the van. She had clear features, a prominent nose, thick eyebrows, and flowing hair that transitioned from brown at the roots to blonde towards the shoulders. Even though she was wearing a modest hoodie, her beauty was exceptionally striking.

Her aura was extraordinary.

Naturally, she was one of the top actresses in Hollywood.

Soon, foreign team members approached her.

"Maria, you need to enter the set, greet the team, and then put on the costume."

Maria. Her full name was Maria Armas. She was from Spain but was currently active as a top Hollywood actress. Maria let out a small sigh and spoke in English.

"Do I really need to wear a dress for just an audition and screen test?"

"What can we do? You know how meticulous 'World Disney Pictures' is. Director Bill Rothner is the same. During the audition for the Beast role, all the male actors wore formal attire. So, let's just wear it without complaining."

"It's such a hassle."

"So, are you just going to give up on the role of 'Belle'?"

Maria frowned immediately.

"Are you crazy? Who is this for? I can't stand seeing Miley happy. Besides, the media keeps comparing me to her. Ah, why am I the first to start?"

"Why do you have such a problem with Miley Cara?"

"It's just a clash of personalities. I felt it clearly when we worked together before."

That's right. Today was the official audition day for the role of 'Belle' in 'Beauty and the Beast.' In other words, Maria was one of the five candidates. Soon, Maria with her brown and blonde hair started to move.

"But why is that actor participating in today's audition?"

"That actor?"

"From Korea."

"Oh, Kang Woo-jin."

The muscular man shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, it's not entirely clear, but I think the production team wants to see the chemistry between the Beast and Belle. Since the Beast role is already confirmed for Kang Woo-jin."

Maria, who had been grumbling with pursed lips, complained.

"I don't like him."

"Maria, there are a lot of people around."

Suddenly stopping her steps, she looked at the enormous warehouse-like stage in front of her and spoke again.

"Seriously, he's really not good."

This time, it wasn't in English but Spanish.

"I saw Kang Woo-jin's interviews from Cannes and 'Beneficial Evil.' He disregarded and mocked the Academy Awards, and I haven't won any awards yet either... And Kang Woo-jin isn't suited for the Beast."

The muscular man sighed.

"Maria, please speak in English. I don't understand what you're saying."

But Maria continued in Spanish.

"He's a bit- lacking for the Beast. No, he's not suitable for the Beast; he's more suited for a 'Prince.' The Prince should be more handsome."

At that moment.

"What a shame."

A low-toned fluent Spanish voice interjected from behind. As a result, Maria and her team all turned their heads. A man with black hair was walking towards them.

- Swipe.

It was Kang Woo-jin.

With a nonchalant expression, he approached Maria and, upon seeing him, Maria's eyes widened even more. Regardless, Kang Woo-jin calmly said to her.

"You're less attractive than Miley Cara."

It was indeed native-level Spanish.