Chapter 332

The essence of a long take is its breath. It involves the synchronization of various elements: the lead actor, props, co-actors, camera, audio, and the script. All these conditions must harmonize perfectly in one continuous shot.

If even one element is off, it results in an NG (No Good).

When the director calls "cut," everything must be started from scratch. Therefore, every condition, including the lead actor and supporting roles, must adhere strictly to the script. There is no room for deviation. The only requirement is to perform precise actions at the exact right moments.

A long take with only a handful of characters is relatively easier.

However, in a long take like this one from 'Beneficial Evil,' with dozens of characters, both the actors and crew face hellish challenges. Despite this, the long take remains irresistible due to its compelling qualities.

- Bang, bang, bang, bang!!

Realism and impact.

- Aaaagh!!!

- #*&#*((%*!!

- Right!!

Rough tension.

- Thud!

Excitement.

- Bang, bang!

Speed and vividness. The camera moves with the lead actor. When he runs, the camera runs with him; when he rolls, the camera mimics the motion. The gaze of the camera in a long take mirrors that of the lead actor. This immersion greatly enhances the audience's focus.

The continuity of stimulation and violence.

Above all, the hallmark of a long take is its ability to make viewers lose track of time.

Even though more than ten minutes of footage is not a small amount, it represents only a part of the whole content. The unbroken, urgent camera work keeps the connection intact and delivers many scenes in a short period. Thus, ten minutes may feel like it has passed quickly, while in reality, less than five minutes might have elapsed.

A lot can happen in a minute.

This is the driving force behind a long take.

Additionally, if the protagonist's skills are outstanding, the audience can't take their eyes off the screen. Explosive, violent stimuli trigger adrenaline, leading to excitement. Realism: the audience reacts and breathes in sync with the protagonist.

- Bang, bang!

In other words, the extreme situations faced by the protagonist also apply to the audience. Currently, this is the case with 'Jang Yeon-woo' or rather, Kang Woo-jin. Although the audience is not directly involved, the 200 or so crew members of 'Beneficial Evil,' including those of various nationalities, were captivated and overwhelmed by Kang Woo-jin's 'CQC.'

The Thai crew gathered on one side felt similarly.

"······ I heard this actor's first action scene is today. Did I hear wrong?"

Dozens of Thai crew members, who had received preliminary information, stared in disbelief at the scene unfolding before them.

"It can't be. Look at that. How can someone so experienced be a rookie? He's beyond a veteran."

"His skills are exceptional. He seems to be just- enjoying it."

"Why is a Korean actor performing 'CQC' as well as Hollywood actors? It's on a different level from the rehearsal."

Meanwhile, the entire building echoed with intense gunfire. Flames from the gun muzzles flashed, shell casings flew around, and blood splattered from various places. It was about 'Jang Yeon-woo' or Kang Woo-jin.