Chapter 409 - 411

Chapter 409: The Thunderous Noise (4)

When Kang Woo-jin first saw Maria Armas, his initial reaction was one of fascination. It was around the time Woo-jin had just arrived at the enormous 50,000-pyeong set of the 'SPT Studio'. The first to react was Choi Seong-geon.

'Oh— that actress.'

Then, Woo-jin's gaze fell on her. Of course, he didn't remember her name. She was clearly a well-known Hollywood actress, much like Chris Hartnett. But one thing was certain:

"Wow, she's stunning. Her presence is extraordinary."

The aura she exuded was undoubtedly high-class. Especially striking were her brown eyes. Soon, Choi Seong-geon revealed her name.

"Do you know that actress? Maria Armas. She's one of the candidates for the 'Belle' role along with Miley Cara. From the look of things, she's often compared to Miley Cara."

Maria Armas? Even though he had heard the name, it didn't immediately ring a bell. Nonetheless, Woo-jin decided to acknowledge her with a low tone.

"Yes, I've seen her."

"She doesn't openly pursue a singing career like Cara, but she's famous for her vocal ability in Hollywood. She's also quite skilled in musicals. Her looks are said to be on par with Miley's."

Woo-jin scrutinized Maria's face from a few steps away. Both actresses mentioned had exceptional beauty, but there was no need for comparison. It was a different kind of beauty, in his opinion. At this point, Choi Seong-geon tapped Woo-jin's shoulder.

"Let's go and say hello."

And Woo-jin heard:

"I don't like him."

Maria was speaking in Spanish, gossiping about him. The timing was so absurd it was almost comical. However, Choi Seong-geon was unlikely to understand Spanish.

'Ugh— Spanish out of the blue? That's Spanish, right?'

Only Woo-jin could understand her gossip, as he had picked up Spanish while reading for 'Jurassic Land 4'.

"He's a bit lacking for the 'Beast'. No, he's not suited for the 'Beast'. He's more fitting for a 'Prince'. A 'Prince' should be more handsome."

What the—? Really pissing me off. Woo-jin's no-nonsense attitude flared up. It was unacceptable to have someone badmouthing him right in front of him. Thus, Woo-jin responded, naturally in Spanish.

"You're less attractive than Miley Cara."

Maria Armas was visibly startled upon seeing Woo-jin up close. Her face slightly contorted. The fact that this Korean actor spoke Spanish like a native was unexpected.

"What— how does he know Spanish?"

It wasn't just her; other foreign staff members and Choi Seong-geon were equally surprised.

"...S-Spanish??!"

Everyone looked at Woo-jin with wide eyes. Regardless, Woo-jin's expression remained unchanged. He simply stared at Maria from a step away. Maria narrowed her eyes.

"What— did you just say?"

It was indeed in Spanish, and she was putting up her pride. Although annoyed by the gossip, Woo-jin's words were quite bothersome. "Less attractive than her?" However, Woo-jin showed no sign of softening and repeated his statement.

"I said you're less attractive than Miley Cara."

"...Hey."

"There's a saying in Korea. 'An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.'"

"???"

Maria's puzzled expression was met with Woo-jin's brief explanation.

"It means to repay roughly in kind."

"..."

Maria bit her lower lip slightly. Her personality made her want to retort immediately, but she was trying hard to suppress her frustration due to the prior offense. Despite her intense gaze, Woo-jin calmly extended his hand toward her.

- Smooth.

This time, instead of Spanish, he spoke in English so everyone could hear.

"I'm Kang Woo-jin. Nice to meet you."

With eyes from all around, Maria, who had been glaring at him, had no choice but to shake his hand.

"Yes. Nice to meet you."

Woo-jin shook her hand briefly and then moved on, followed by Choi Seong-geon and the team members. Choi Seong-geon glanced back at Maria while asking Woo-jin.

"What was that? What did you two talk about in Spanish?"

Woo-jin, with his poker face, gave a succinct answer.

"We just complimented each other's appearances."

"...It didn't seem like a complimenting atmosphere."

"Of course not."

"Really? Hmm— no! By the way, Woo-jin, when did you learn Spanish..."

Choi Seong-geon, who had been about to ask something, sighed lightly and forced a smile.

"Never mind. I suppose it will be a long story anyway."

Meanwhile, Maria, still glaring at Woo-jin's back from behind, was filled with a sense of defeat.

"Why... does he know Spanish?"

About 30 minutes later.

Previously visited, now as the actor for the 'Beast' role rather than a candidate, Kang Woo-jin participated in the audition. The set was adorned with numerous chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, intricately patterned columns, and marble floors with elaborate paintings. The magnificent banquet hall set filled his sight once again.

Dressed in a blue banquet suit, Woo-jin was surrounded by many foreign staff members.

He was in the middle of a conversation with the somewhat balding Director Bill Rothner.

"Mr. Woo-jin, there's no need to overdo it. Just play the piano piece from the previous audition with the feel of the 'Beast'."

"Yes, Director."

"We won't be performing the entire piece. First, we'll review the two-shot with the 'Beast', and then check the solo shots of the 'Belle' candidates."

For reference, Woo-jin's participation in today's 'Belle' role audition was not voluntary. Naturally, there would be appropriate compensation. This arrangement had been finalized after prior negotiations between Choi Seong-geon and 'World Disney Pictures'.

At that moment.

- Smooth.

An actress dressed in a yellow dress entered the banquet hall set. It was Maria Armas, with her hair falling from brown to blonde tied up. Wearing a rather large golden necklace, she approached, and Director Bill Rothner, who had been talking to Woo-jin, went over to her. It was to explain about the audition, and as Maria listened to the briefing, she remained silent.

'······'

Maria Armas kept glancing at Kang Woo-jin. Although she felt his gaze, Woo-jin ignored it.

'Is she a bit scared?'

Ten minutes later, the various cameras and lights were set up, and most of the crew, except for Bill Rothner and the key staff, were seated. Kang Woo-jin walked towards the golden piano placed in the set's banquet hall.

"Ahem!"

A cough from behind. Woo-jin, with a stiff expression, turned his head. Maria, in her dress, approached from behind with a slightly aloof expression and spoke in Spanish.

"About earlier—"

Meanwhile, Maria was seething internally.

'Tsk, how did things end up like this?'

But for now, she needed to clean up the mess.

"I'm sorry about earlier. It wasn't sincere."

Kang Woo-jin replied quietly in Spanish.

"It's okay, since I know it wasn't sincere."

"Pardon?"

"But it won't have much impact on the audition. You're a professional."

Woo-jin, having said his piece, continued walking briskly. Maria stared at his retreating figure, experiencing this kind of treatment for the first time.

'What, what kind of crazy person is this?'

She realized that Woo-jin was more than just odd.

In any case, the audition proceeded smoothly as Woo-jin had said.

- Swoosh.

'Beast' or Kang Woo-jin sat at the golden piano, while Maria in her dress stood in the center of the banquet hall. Soon, Bill Rothner's signal to start was heard. The hall was soon filled with the sound of Woo-jin's piano melodies.

- ♬♪

Unlike the previous audition where it started with the 'prince,' this time it began with the rough play of the 'beast.'

Then.

"!!!"

Maria's eyes widened in surprise at Woo-jin's piano skills. But soon.

"······"

Taking a deep breath, Maria started to sing in sync with the piano melody. Her usually blunt voice had transformed—clear and bright, perhaps? She had already started her performance. While watching Woo-jin play the piano as if he were the 'beast,' she continued singing with difficulty. Bill Rothner, watching on the monitor, assessed their synchronization, stroking his chin.

'Hmm—good.'

As expected, Maria, who was ranked as the top choice for 'Beauty Belle' by the public, fit the scene well. After a while, she began to dance alone in sync with the piano melody.

How long had passed?

"Cut."

At the director's signal, Maria's dance stopped. Soon, it was Woo-jin's turn to exit the piano, and Maria's solo acting began. Woo-jin watched her performance among the foreign staff.

'She's good.'

Indeed, Maria's acting was compelling. The audition for Maria Armas ended, and as she exited the set's banquet hall after greeting the director and staff.

"······"

She made eye contact with Woo-jin but had no particular reaction. Woo-jin was the same. They exchanged enigmatic glances until Maria disappeared.

Ten minutes later, Maria's baton was passed to.

"Hello—"

A familiar blonde woman. With her blonde hair down to her chest and blue eyes, it was Miley Cara. Unlike Maria, she greeted Woo-jin with a gentle smile.

"See?"

She addressed Woo-jin warmly.

"I told you, right? That you'd play the piano for my audition. As I mentioned before, congratulations on the role of the 'beast.'"

In the suddenly relaxed atmosphere, Woo-jin thought, 'As expected,' and outwardly played along with the concept.

"Thank you."

"My dress is the second one you've seen, right? I'm looking forward to working with you as well."

Miley Cara, in a yellow dress, appeared again in the set's banquet hall 15 minutes later. Woo-jin was already at the golden piano, the setup the same as before with Maria. As Woo-jin glanced at Cara standing in the center of the hall, the mood was entirely different despite the same dress.

'Maybe it's because she's properly blonde? The dress suits her better.'

This was also true for Bill Rothner, who observed on the monitor. While Maria was fine, Miley Cara's presence was captivating.

'She blends with the scene much better. It's not about appearance or form, it's her unique energy.'

Above all.

'The two-shot with Kang Woo-jin is also······'

Both the monitor and reality showed that the two actors in the set's banquet hall matched perfectly. This was Bill Rothner's first impression.

Then.

"Ready to start when you are."

With the director's signal, Woo-jin's piano performance for the 'beast' resumed, and Cara, beginning her performance as 'Beauty Belle,' cast a challenging glance at Woo-jin and started singing. She was watching the 'beast.'

- ♬♪

Cara's pitch was clean but slightly shaky. A mistake? However, for Bill Rothner watching the scene on the monitor, this was no longer the set's banquet hall. It was the cold, real castle of the 'beast.'

'······'

Bill Rothner was watching 'Beauty and the Beast.'

Later that afternoon.

Time had flown by. After finishing the 'Beauty Belle' audition, Woo-jin arrived at 'World Disney Pictures' with Bill Rothner. Woo-jin was about to hear the details of the contract, specifically his worth.

'Insane!!!'

Woo-jin had managed to stay composed due to the concept work, but the amount of money being discussed was still beyond his imagination. 'Is there really such money in the world??' he thought, but the negotiations happening in front of him were real.

The meeting lasted about two hours.

Although everything wasn't finalized, many aspects were adjusted, and the next stop was 'Columbia Studios.' Truly bouncing between Hollywood's east and west. During the move, Woo-jin had to decide on various matters raised by Seong-gun.

"Woo-jin, after 'Jamie Shaw,' the offers will explode, explode."

He meant offers from countless places, including massive YouTube channels. But handling them all was impossible.

'No need to go everywhere.'

Woo-jin concluded that there was no need for excessive image consumption. Since people would be eager to work with him anyway, there was no need to rush around. His thought was close to the right answer.

Articles about Woo-jin were exploding in the foreign media.

『LA TIME / The world buzzes with news of Kang Woo-jin's confirmation as 'Beast'』

『BBX / Columbia and Disney's man Kang Woo-jin, explosive global interest amidst mixed reviews』

『CNM / "Criticism can come after watching the work" Kang Woo-jin's comment, confidence or arrogance?』

A few days later, in the morning at Woo-jin's house, Seong-gun and his team were gathered. While having a simple breakfast with bread, Seong-gun closed his diary and said.

"Time to prepare for the return to Korea."

It meant that the lengthy schedule in LA was finally coming to an end. Woo-jin, serious as always, nodded in agreement.

- Vroom, vroom.

His phone vibrated with a long ring. It was a call from Miley Cara. Woo-jin asked Seong-gun for a moment and answered the phone with a subdued voice.

"Hello."

On the other end, Cara's voice was slightly excited.

"Good morning, 'Beast.' I'm calling as 'Beauty Belle'."

And at the same time, World Disney Pictures made an official announcement.

『CNM / Following Kang Woo-jin as 'Beast,' World Disney Pictures announces 'Beauty Belle' as Miley Cara』

It was the moment when 'Beauty and the Beast' was completed.

Chapter 410: Thunderous Noise (5)

'She called as 'Belle the Beauty'?' Kang Woojin immediately thought as he heard Miley Cara's voice on the phone.

"Wait, does this mean...?"

Had she been confirmed for the role of 'Belle the Beauty'? If not, the situation was odd. It was unlikely that Cara would call and joke around so early in the morning. Still, Woojin decided to confirm it, keeping his voice as calm as possible.

"...So, calling as 'Belle the Beauty' means you'll be joining me?"

"That's right."

Cara's voice, tinged with a hint of laughter, interrupted Woojin.

"I got the role of 'Belle the Beauty.' It means we'll be completing 'The Beauty and the Beast' together."

Now that the situation was clear, Woojin exchanged a brief glance with Choi Seong-gun in front of him, who still had a diary in his hand. Seong-gun silently mouthed to Woojin, "Why? What's going on?" Instead of answering, Woojin congratulated Cara and shared the news.

"Cara, congratulations on getting the role of 'Belle the Beauty.'"

"It feels a bit surreal, but good at the same time. Although I expected it, it still feels great."

"Since you congratulated me, I should return the favor."

"Aha—I was worried for a moment that you had forgotten to congratulate me."

"I look forward to working with you."

"Same here, 'Beast.' Let's do our best."

As Woojin and Cara conversed, Seong-gun and the other team members around them were abuzz with excitement. Seong-gun quickly pulled out his phone, and the stylists and other team members...

"!!!"

"Wow—ah!"

...stifled their cheers, doing little dances in celebration. It seemed like everyone had secretly been hoping for Cara to get the role. For the team, having worked with Miley Cara multiple times—from album production to 'The Beneficial Evil'—they were already comfortable with her working alongside Kang Woojin.

More importantly...

"OMG, so now 'The Beauty and the Beast' with Woojin oppa and Miley Cara will be released worldwide??"

"I'm all for it. They look so good together on screen."

"I can't wait to see their chemistry that we missed during the auditions."

The team's whispers and wishes indicated that Woojin and Cara had a very high synchronization. Watching these people quietly, Woojin felt a bit pleased while thinking to himself,

'Heh, they really like this.'

His heartbeat quickened slightly. Perhaps because he had seen her so often that his feelings had dulled, but the Miley Cara he was currently talking to was a superstar in Hollywood. And now, he was set to shoot 'The Beauty and the Beast,' a story beloved worldwide, with her. Every part of this was incredible. How could he even express this strange emotion?

No, now was the time to stay calm. He needed to be composed.

Putting on his most serious tone, Woojin spoke lowly into the phone.

"This will be our second project together."

Miley Cara's laughter over the phone grew richer.

"'The Beneficial Evil' was too short, really. For me, 'The Beauty and the Beast' feels like the first project. By the way, the company will contact you, but how about doing a YouTube shoot?"

"A YouTube shoot?" Woojin wondered silently, and when he didn't respond, Cara spoke again.

"We haven't done one since my album. It would be a good chance to greet our global fans as 'The Beast' and 'Belle the Beauty.' 'World Disney Pictures' also said it wouldn't be a problem. I already asked them."

Woojin didn't see any reason to refuse.

"Sure, let's do it."

By now, Choi Seong-gun, who had just checked the news articles confirming Miley Cara's role as 'Belle the Beauty,' looked up at Kang Woojin in awe. It felt surreal. It was only a few years ago that Woojin had won everyone over with his 'Assistant Manager Park' performance, and now he was talking as the lead actor with Hollywood superstar Miley Cara, for the role in 'The Beauty and the Beast,' right from Hollywood itself. Something swelled in the chest of the ponytailed Choi Seong-gun.

'...You're already a monster. No, a world star, Woojin.'

At that moment, Woojin's phone chimed again.

"The announcement is already out."

Cara's voice came through once more.

"So it's going to be noisy for a while, huh?"

Later, after finishing the call with Miley Cara, Kang Woojin got into the van to head to his next schedule and checked the international reactions on his phone. As expected...

'Wow—damn, articles are exploding everywhere???'

The news was already spreading across the U.S., not just in LA.

CNM: 'World Disney Pictures' Official Announcement: 'Belle the Beauty' Role Confirmed as Miley Cara!

LA TIMES: 'Belle the Beauty' Goes to Miley Cara! Kang Woojin and Miley to Complete 'The Beauty and the Beast' Live-Action

ABY: The Fastest Casting Announcement Ever: How High Is the Sync Between Kang Woojin and Miley Cara?

The excitement had escalated to a fever pitch, as evidenced by the overflowing fervor in the articles.

"NT: Kang Woo-jin was unexpected, while Miley Kara was just as expected. What kind of image will these two actors create for 'The Beauty and the Beast'?"

It was quite understandable. The live-action adaptation of 'The Beauty and the Beast' made waves with its announcement, then another with the casting of Kang Woo-jin as the Beast, and now with the addition of Miley Kara. Given the massive global attention this project had already garnered, this level of excitement was only natural.

"BBX: Following Kang Woo-jin, Miley Kara confirmed as 'Beauty Belle,' global audiences are buzzing once again!"

At this point, it was evident to the numerous film studios and actors in Hollywood, and it was only a matter of time before the global press caught on.

Thus, the days flew by in the blink of an eye.

Before long, Monday, March 7th, dawned.

"Hello, 'Beast'?"

"...Hello, Miley."

"Oh! Come on, you should call me 'Beauty Belle' too."

"Next time."

"So boring."

That day, Kang Woo-jin had a YouTube shoot with Miley Kara. Of course, the video was intended for both Woo-jin's 'Kang Woo-jin Alter Ego' and Kara's YouTube channel. The format was roughly as follows:

-A duet song presented to fans worldwide, with brief greetings from the two actors, and some casual banter about their auditions. The running time wasn't long, but the impact of the video, uploaded first on Woo-jin's 'Kang Woo-jin Alter Ego' channel two days later, was enormous.

-Views: 2.02 million

In less than 30 minutes, it surpassed 2 million views.

On the early afternoon of March 12th, in Seoul, South Korea.

The location was a large event hall within a sizable office building. The first thing that stood out was the dozen or so reporters. They were stationed from the entrance of the hall to the back. The hall, which had enough seats to accommodate 500 people, and a fairly large stage at the front, was currently packed with hundreds of people, among whom many notable figures were present.

In the front row sat the affable-faced director Kwon Ki-taek, director Kim Do-hee known for 'The Drug Dealer,' director Shin Dong-chun of 'The Detective Agency,' among others.

All of them were here as judges.

Dozens of famous directors, honorary judge top actors, invited directors, specially invited international directors, invited actors and celebrities, and well-known industry figures were all present.

On the front stage of this hall filled with such prominent figures was a banner with the following phrase:

-'Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival'

It was the 'Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival,' a significant event regarded as a gateway into the film industry, on par with Korea's 'Blue Dragon Film Awards' in the short film category. The festival was currently concluding its week-long schedule with the closing and awards ceremony in full swing.

"We will now begin the awards ceremony."

As the host made the announcement, several reporters began firing their camera flashes.

-Flash flash flash!

-Flash flash flash flash!

The first award was then presented.

"Short Film Selection."

The presenter was Shin Dong-chun, the director who debuted at this festival with 'The Detective Agency.' His square jawline was prominent as he walked up to the stage, prompting applause and whispers from among the hundreds in the audience, particularly from the rookie directors who had staked everything on this festival.

"It's really Director Shin Dong-chun, the one who made a big splash at the 'Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival.'"

"So envious. His debut film's lead was none other than Kang Woo-jin."

"But wasn't Kang Woo-jin still a rookie back then?"

"What does that matter? Kang Woo-jin became a world star in just three years. I heard that 'The Detective Agency' is being remade overseas. The movie was good, but I think it definitely got overseas interest because of Kang Woo-jin's influence."

The audience was filled with numerous rookie directors who were bursting with envy as they looked at Director Shin Dong-chun.

"In any case, Director Shin has every right to be proud. I mean, his debut film was 'The Detective Agency,' right? Kang Woo-jin's first movie. If it were me, I'd be telling that story to my descendants for generations."

"They started out as rookies together, but in the next year, Kang Woo-jin starred in a movie that hit 10 million viewers, and then the following year, he dominated the top three spots in Korean box office history. Now, he's a Hollywood star. If I were Director Shin, I'd be a bit anxious."

"No way, Director Shin Dong-chun is also working on a big film right now."

While the rookie directors were chatting away, Director Shin Dong-chun was passing the trophy on stage. Afterward, various awards such as Selection, Bronze, and Gold were handed out.

"Next up is the Actor Award. Starting this year, we will only be presenting the Grand Prize."

It was now time for the actors' award, often referred to as the 'Acting Grand Prize.' Soon, the rookie actors in the audience of several hundred licked their lips anxiously. Among these many actors, only one would receive the award.

"...I want to win it. I really want to win the 'Kang Woo-jin Award.'"

The rookie actors were also voicing their current feelings to those they had come with.

"If you win the 'Kang Woo-jin Award,' it's guaranteed to make headlines, right?"

"Yeah, 100%. No matter what, if Kang Woo-jin's name is attached, it becomes an instant sensation."

"Please—please call my name."

Interestingly, rookie actors had taken to referring to the 'Acting Grand Prize' as the 'Kang Woo-jin Award.'

"Why are there so many rookie actors this year—ugh, I'm really screwed."

"...Everyone's just like you, man. They're all aiming for the 'Kang Woo-jin Award.' He was the first to receive it, and that was his first trophy. After that, the 'Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival' Acting Grand Prize basically became synonymous with Kang Woo-jin."

It was because Kang Woo-jin had received the 'Acting Grand Prize' at the 'Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival.' Moreover, the year Woo-jin won the award was also the debut of the 'Acting Grand Prize,' and it was Kang Woo-jin's first trophy as well.

In short,

"They all dream of being like Kang Woo-jin, just like you."

Kang Woo-jin had become the symbol of the 'Acting Grand Prize' at the 'Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival.' Since then, all rookie actors, directors, and everyone else who participated in this film festival had taken to calling the 'Acting Grand Prize' the 'Kang Woo-jin Award.' With Kang Woo-jin's name attached, the power of the award multiplied several times over.

It was recognized as a top honor by journalists and industry professionals alike.

So it was no wonder rookie actors were practically drooling over it.

"By the way... Director Shin Dong-chun is here this year, but isn't Kang Woo-jin coming?"

"He's busy rubbing shoulders with Hollywood's top actors in LA. Why would he come here? He's probably too occupied with meetings with the 'Big Five' Hollywood studios."

"...It's just that he's my role model, and I really wanted to see Kang Woo-jin at least once."

"If you win this and work your butt off, maybe you'll have a chance encounter one day? Just wish for it."

Thus, many rookie actors were praying fervently for the 'Kang Woo-jin Award.'

Please, please let some of his brilliance shine on me as well.

Before long. No, in fact, Kang Woo-jin had long since become more than just an idol for all rookie actors in Korea. His popularity was practically divine. Watching the rookie actors praying with all their might almost made it seem like they were worshippers in the 'Church of Kang Woo-jin.'

At that moment.

"The 'Acting Grand Prize' will be presented by—"

The male host, who was about to proceed, suddenly paused. A festival staff member had approached him and whispered something in his ear. Instantly, his eyes widened, and he whispered back to the staff member.

"A-Are you serious? That person is really here right now?"

If the host didn't know, then neither could the hundreds in the hall. Nevertheless, the host, clearly in shock, struggled to regain his composure as he raised the handheld microphone once again, his face still somewhat dazed.

"...A-um. Sorry about that. Let's proceed. The 'Acting Grand Prize' will be presented by a truly extraordinary person."

The mention of an 'extraordinary person' caused the reporters stationed at the very back of the hall to start murmuring.

"An extraordinary person? Who are they talking about?"

"Did anyone hear about this? It's my first time hearing it."

"First time for me too."

"I don't know, but better start recording just in case."

The reporters, though puzzled, instinctively lifted their cameras. Meanwhile, the big-name directors in the front row, including Director Kwon Ki-taek, top actors, and particularly the many rookie directors and actors, were noticeably murmuring.

Then, the flustered host spoke again.

"P-please come up to the stage."

The sound of footsteps echoed on the stage.

-Swish.

A dark-haired man with an impassive expression, dressed in a suit, appeared. As soon as the man's face was visible, the rookie directors and actors in the audience dropped their jaws and unknowingly exclaimed.

"Gasp!!"

It was Kang Woojin, the idol of these individuals and the one who had taken the 'Acting Grand Prize' here and ascended to the status of a 'world star' within just three years.

"K-Kang Woojin?!!"

Indeed, it was Kang Woojin. Soon, the hundreds of rookie directors and actors began to exhibit reactions akin to seizures.

"...I-it's really Kang Woojin—Wow, this is insane."

Their eyes grew wide as saucers. It was completely understandable. They could never have imagined seeing someone who had risen to global stardom this closely.

"His aura is just..."

Meanwhile, the actual owner of the 'Kang Woojin Award,' who had just flipped everyone upside down, appeared rather indifferent. Leisurely scanning the hundreds of rookies, Woojin calmly brought the microphone close and spoke. His tone was deeply low.

'This is amusing, the fact that I'm the one giving out an award named after me.'

Kang Woojin had returned to Korea.

"Hello, I'm Kang Woojin."

Chapter 411: The Thunderous Noise (6)

In fact, the Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival had sent an invitation to Kang Woojin every year. Woojin had been the recipient of the festival's first-ever "Acting Grand Prize," and as his fame skyrocketed afterward, it was only natural that they continued to invite him. Woojin's influence was so strong that the "Acting Grand Prize" even came to be referred to as the "Kang Woojin Award."

However, Kang Woojin had always declined their invitations. There wasn't a significant reason; he was simply too busy.

This year was no different.

The invitation came in when Woojin was leaving for LA, but since he was unsure of his schedule in Hollywood, he politely declined once again. Yet, to everyone's surprise, Kang Woojin suddenly showed up at the Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival. No one had known. In fact, no one even knew that Woojin was in Korea.

That included the local media and the public.

It was only natural since Kang Woojin had returned to Korea under strict secrecy. There were multiple reasons for this, but the primary concern was the commotion that journalists and fans would cause at the airport. Regardless, no one was aware that Kang Woojin had returned to Korea.

His appearance was like a thunderbolt.

Despite having declined the invitation earlier, the timing coincided perfectly with his return to Korea. So, when Kang Woojin arrived at the back of the hall for the Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival...

"..."

His face was cynically neutral, but deep down, he was quite moved, with a hint of excitement.

'Wow—it's been a long time since I was last at Mise-en-scène! Feels like just yesterday I won my first acting award here, but it's already been several years.'

Of course, the person standing behind Woojin, Choi Seong-gun, who had a ponytail, had no idea about these thoughts. He placed a hand on Woojin's shoulder and said,

"Getting nostalgic? You won the 'Acting Grand Prize' here and also connected with Director Kyotaro. Remember?"

"Yes, Director."

How could he forget? Looking back, that day was also the first time he presented in Japanese. Plus, top actress Hong Hye-yeon won the Best Actress Award, while Kang Woojin took the grand prize, causing quite a stir in Korea.

"Hehe, have you heard? The 'Acting Grand Prize' is now called the 'Kang Woojin Award.'"

'Kang Woojin Award.' Woojin was well aware of this. Apparently, every aspiring actor was dying to win it. The more Kang Woojin excelled, the more the value of the 'Kang Woojin Award' rose.

"It's a trickle-down effect. Your name has such a strong influence that the 'Kang Woojin Award' is also gaining traction. While Mise-en-scène is primarily known for discovering new directors, ever since the 'Kang Woojin Award' was introduced, it's also become a gateway for rising actors."

Last year's winner of the 'Kang Woojin Award' became a hot topic, and the actor has been riding that momentum to outperform other newcomers. Of course, that actor is also likely working tirelessly to live up to the name of the award.

A virtuous cycle, you could say.

Soon, Choi Seong-gun moved closer to Woojin and added,

"But the rookie actor who wins the 'Kang Woojin Award' this year is in for something special. The award already garners a lot of attention from the media and the entertainment industry, but today, Kang Woojin himself will be presenting it. And it's your first appearance in Korea after returning from Hollywood. If I were the actor, I'd cry."

His judgment was spot on. In this scenario, the attention focused on the recipient would be several times greater than usual. It would be an experience like no other for a rookie actor who had lived in obscurity until now. Woojin wondered.

'Will they really cry? More than that—an award with my name on it, that's pretty wild.'

And then...

- Swish.

Woojin, dressed in a formal suit, stepped onto the stage. It wasn't a large stage, but the hundreds of people gathered in front of him formed quite a crowd. The host, who suddenly found himself face-to-face with Woojin, gasped in astonishment.

"Whoa—It's really Kang Woojin."

It didn't feel like just seeing a celebrity, but rather like witnessing a legendary creature. Such was the testament to Kang Woojin's overwhelming global presence. But Woojin...

"..."

He met the host's gaze indifferently, silently signaling for the microphone. Only then did the flustered host snap back to reality and hand over the microphone. Woojin, holding the microphone, turned to face the audience, which was filled with many prominent figures, top actors, as well as rookie directors and actors.

'Ah, Director Kwon Ki-taek. It's been a while. That square jaw. Oh, and Director Shin Dong-chun too.'

Most of these prominent figures were close acquaintances of Kang Woojin. However, they were all wide-eyed with surprise. They hadn't expected Woojin to make an appearance. Even more surprised were the rookie directors and actors. They reacted with a mix of disbelief and awe, as if they were seeing a ghost.

Some stared at Woojin in a daze, some cried out his name in shock, and others exclaimed "Wow!" or "Oh my God!" in astonishment.

One thing was clear.

"Hello, I'm Kang Woojin."

The moment Woojin greeted them in a low, calm voice, everyone in the audience looked up to him in awe. Director Kwon Ki-taek, who had been taken aback, finally chuckled.

'He must have entered Korea without anyone knowing, but for his first move after returning to be at Mise-en-scène... Even if he seems cold on the outside, he's holding on to his memories. I can never figure him out.'

Director Shin Dong-chun, with his square jaw, even waved at Woojin in delight.

And then...

"Wha, What!! Kang Woojin???!"

The dozen or so journalists stationed at the back of the hall went wild.

"Why is Kang Woojin here??!! Wasn't he in Hollywood?!"

"That's not the issue right now!! Move over! If you don't want to take pictures, don't hog the space!"

"Hey, hey! Don't push!!"

"Whoa—He's handing out the 'Kang Woojin Award' in person right after returning from Hollywood??! The rookie actor receiving the award this year just hit the jackpot!!"

It was understandable since no one had imagined that the 'World Star' Kang Woojin would show up so suddenly.

-Flash! Flash! Flash!

The flashes, which had been relatively subdued until now, suddenly erupted into a frenzy.

In the midst of it all...

"...I know many of you have been waiting, so I'll announce it right away."

On stage, with his characteristic nonchalant demeanor, Kang Woojin spoke into the microphone, calling out the name of this year's recipient of the 'Kang Woojin Award.' He added a bit of mischief as he did so.

"'Kang Woojin Award.' No, 'Acting Grand Prize.' Congratulations, actress Seo Ji-won."

Deliberately mentioning the 'Kang Woojin Award' in the announcement, a female actress seated near the middle of the audience leaped to her feet and screamed.

"Ahhh!! How!! Me?!! Really?!"

Unable to believe it, she jumped up and down in shock, before rushing to the stage amid many congratulations. She wasn't particularly tall, but she had a captivating face. The amusing part was how her demeanor shifted once she reached the stage. Just moments ago, she had been overflowing with energy, but now that she stood next to Kang Woojin, she froze.

"...Uh, oh. Wow—senior. This is so amazing... No, thank you so much."

Though Woojin looked at her calmly, he was actually trying to keep himself composed.

'She's trembling so much, should I try to calm her down?'

After a brief consideration, Woojin extended his hand for a handshake before handing her the trophy, and said a simple line.

"I'll see you on set."

His tone was simple and unassuming. It was meant as encouragement, implying that she should work hard so they could meet again someday, but the rookie actress, Seo Ji-won, responded by...

"Huh?? I'll be on set with you- Hic! Sob!"

Suddenly, she burst into tears on stage. Woojin maintained his poker face, but internally...

"..."

He was completely taken aback.

'Why?! Why is she crying??! Did I say something wrong??'

After that...

The rookie actress who had started crying uncontrollably on stage eventually managed to calm down, and the 'Kang Woojin Award' trophy was handed to her. But she seemed more honored by the presence of Woojin than by receiving the trophy itself.

After many more awards were handed out, the Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival for the year concluded.

However, Kang Woojin did not leave immediately and instead stayed for the scheduled photo time.

"Woojin! Woojin!"

"Please look this way!"

"Can you make a heart with your hands?"

He took group photos, individual shots, and so on, at least 20 times. He also had a brief conversation with the rookie actress who received the 'Kang Woojin Award' today.

"I! I'll work really hard, senior! I promise to act so well that one day we can perform together on set!"

"Yes, I'll see you then."

"Thank you so much!"

Kwon Ki-taek, Shin Dong-chun, Kim Do-hee, and other prominent domestic directors also engaged in brief chats with Woo-jin, exchanging updates. During these interactions, the flashes from cameras were relentless, and hundreds of rookie directors and actors were busy capturing Woo-jin on their phones. Many also requested autographs.

According to the original schedule, Woo-jin was supposed to leave immediately, but he ended up staying for about an hour.

Once Woo-jin, exhausted from the evening's events, climbed into the black van:

'Phew— that was pretty intense.'

He let out a deep sigh internally as the van started moving. The inside of the vehicle buzzed with noise from Choi Sung-geon and the team. It had been a long time since Woo-jin was last in Korea, and his first public appearance upon returning was quite novel, which added to the excitement. The van was headed to Woo-jin's house in Samseong-dong. In truth, Woo-jin had only arrived in Korea earlier that morning, so he needed to rest. He was given a three-day break.

Although his schedule was packed with commitments in Hollywood, Korea, and Japan, Woo-jin definitely needed some time off.

Choi Sung-geon had suggested a week of rest, but Woo-jin had reduced it to three days.

He arrived home in the late afternoon.

"Hah— it's been so long since I've been home."

Woo-jin immediately dropped his act and threw himself onto the bed instead of unpacking.

"Phew!!"

Although he had been comfortable on the private jet, the accumulated fatigue caused Woo-jin to fall asleep almost instantly.

"..."

However, unlike Woo-jin's deep sleep, the domestic scene was anything but quiet.

『[Star Photo] 'World Star' Kang Woo-jin suddenly appears at the 'Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival' / Photo』

『Wasn't he in Hollywood? Kang Woo-jin shows up at the Mise-en-scène Film Festival, presenting the 'Kang Woo-jin Award'』

『Kang Woo-jin secretly returns to Korea, stirs up the Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival!』

The unexpected news of Kang Woo-jin's return to Korea exploded in headlines everywhere.

『Rookie actor Seo Ji-won, who received the 'Kang Woo-jin Award' directly from Kang Woo-jin, says, "A lifelong dream has come true," shedding tears / Photo』

Woo-jin's remarkable achievements in Hollywood generated a continuous stream of news articles every minute. Naturally, topics like the Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival and the Kang Woo-jin Award were also included. The mere fact that Woo-jin had returned to Korea was causing a significant stir, with the news spreading rapidly even to Japan.

『Japanese media feature Kang Woo-jin's return to Korea on the front page, "The Prince has returned"』

One hour, two hours, three hours. Even in the early morning, when Woo-jin was sound asleep, this explosive atmosphere persisted.

-What!!! Did Kang Woo-jin just come back??? All of a sudden??

-So romantic, Kang Woo-jinㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Comes back and immediately goes to the place where he won his first award

-Seriously, Kang Woo-jin is a world star nowㅇㅇㅇ

-This guyㅋㅋㅋㅋdoesn't do anything quietlyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-His style is insane.... Starring in two major Hollywood productions....

-Ahh, but can Kang Woo-jin drop the beast roles? They really don't suit him....

-Here comes the BS again, ignore it

-Kang Woo-jin is seriously something else. This is what it means to be a star, his aura is just different

-A Korean actor as the lead in a Hollywood film... This is epic....

·

·

·

Around dawn on the 13th, Kang Woojin instinctively opened his eyes wide.

"Ugh—why are there so many messages piling up?"

Kang Woojin seemed to be everywhere in South Korea.

Meanwhile, in LA.

Unlike in Korea, where it was dawn, LA had just passed noon and was around 1 PM. The entire United States, including LA, was still buzzing with the "Beauty and the Beast" incident that broke out a few days ago. Meanwhile, the issue of "Beneficial Evil," which had gained more momentum, was also drawing attention.

There was so much interest that foreign media openly covered Woojin's secret return to Korea.

In one of the meeting rooms at the massive 'Columbia Studios' in LA, several foreigners and an elderly Korean man were wrapping up a conversation. The elderly Korean man was Director Ahn Gabok of the film "The Pierrot: Birth of a Villain."

"Well then, I'm counting on you, Chris."

The handsome Hollywood top actor with deep brown eyes, who had just shaken hands with Director Ahn, smiled.

"Likewise. I'll do my best to contribute to the film and the 'cinematic universe,' Director."

It was Chris Hartnett. After finishing the greetings, Chris and his team left the meeting room. As soon as he left, the female producer of "The Pierrot: Birth of a Villain" let out a small sigh.

"Whew—so Chris Hartnett is confirmed. Still, I didn't expect Chris to be interested in a role other than the lead."

The other foreigners nodded in agreement. Meanwhile, unlike the others, Director Ahn Gabok, whose wrinkled face was deep in thought, looked at the anticipated schedule on his tablet and muttered quietly. It was in Korean.

"We need to have the script reading done by May at the latest."