Chapter 315 - Autumn 16

A Debt to Pay

Miley Cara owed Kang Woo-jin a debt. To Cara, it was an enormous debt. That's why her blue eyes, as she looked at Woo-jin, were filled with sincerity.

On the other hand, Kang Woo-jin remained silent.

"······"

He simply gazed at Cara's face. This continued for at least ten seconds. Cara tilted her head slightly and cleared her throat.

"Hmm."

She avoided Woo-jin's calm gaze, and at the same time, she questioned herself.

'Why did I just look away?'

Even though she had acted, she only realized her puzzlement afterward. Miley Cara was known for her strong demeanor. After all, she had reached the top of the competitive Hollywood industry, which justified her assertive nature. However, Cara felt a subtle change from her usual self. At least, that's how she perceived it.

'Why can't I look at this man properly?'

Even when she first met Woo-jin, when she was astonished by his various abilities, and when they reunited in LA, Cara had never shown such a reaction. Her heart, which had calmed down to some extent, began to beat slightly faster again.

While she was lost in confusion, Woo-jin, with his indifferent expression, was actually slightly concerned about her.

'Is she okay? No, she must not be.'

It was something anyone would think under the circumstances.

'Ah—she can't possibly be okay. Something so ridiculous happened.'

Asking if she was okay seemed strange to Woo-jin. He pondered how to offer words of comfort while maintaining his composed demeanor. Then, something came to his mind. Deciding to go for it, Woo-jin lowered his voice and spoke in a notably softer tone.

"Do you like Korean food?"

Cara blinked, momentarily coming out of her reverie.

"······Yes?"

"Korean food."

Cara tilted her head slightly and responded.

"Oh—yes. I eat it often. You saw me enjoying the dishes you made when we were filming in Korea."

"That's right."

"Why the sudden question about Korean food?"

"Do you handle spicy food well?"

"I like it···"

Woo-jin leisurely crossed his legs, an intentional move.

"After we finish working together, before I go back to Korea, I'll make you one of my favorite Korean dishes. It will be spicy, as it should be."

For a moment, Cara's eyes widened with interest.

"Really??"

"Yes. I sometimes relieve stress by eating spicy food."

Stress? Miley Cara let out a small laugh, realizing why Woo-jin was suddenly talking about Korean food and spiciness. It was clear to her that Woo-jin was concerned for her in his own way. The warmth she felt from the usually impassive Woo-jin was even more pronounced.

'His way of showing concern is quite unique. What a peculiar man.'

With her tension instantly easing, Cara let out a small sigh and replied.

"If you're going to make it, make it really spicy. To the point where I might lose my senses."

"You might regret it."