Chapter 314 - Autumn 15

---

Initially, Kang Woo-jin's recognition of the plump woman holding a knife was almost coincidental. Standing close to the entrance of the massive studio dome, Woo-jin was dressed in a tuxedo, surrounded by his stylist team and a mix of foreign staff members.

They had gathered for his hair and makeup.

Until just moments before, Woo-jin had been absorbed in his thoughts, impressed by how many people were involved with his makeup.

'Wow—how many people are gathering because of my makeup? You'd think I'm a Hollywood star.'

There were five stylists on his team and seven foreign staff members. As Woo-jin's makeup finished and he adjusted his tuxedo, he noticed Kara, who had been rehearsing with the backup dancers, standing in the center of the dome. Suddenly, the foreign makeup team rushed towards her.

At that moment, Woo-jin noticed something.

'Huh?'

In the hands of the plump foreign woman, something glimmered silver.

A knife.

Woo-jin wasn't sure when she had pulled it out, but it was definitely a knife in the plump woman's hand. He frowned as he watched them rush.

'Wait, was she holding a knife before?'

This woman had been close to Woo-jin just minutes ago. Although she hadn't left a significant impression, there had been no sign of a knife then. Was a knife needed for makeup? Woo-jin was puzzled. His own team had never used knives.

'It looks like a large knife.'

Woo-jin glanced at the plump woman from about five steps away. He wondered if Hollywood had equipment he didn't know about and if he might have misjudged it. But what turned his concern around 180 degrees was the woman's smile.

"!!"

Without hesitation, Woo-jin sprang into action. Whether it was his martial arts skills or CQC—he wasn't concerned about that. All he saw was the plump woman charging towards Miley Kara. The shouts of his team members reached him.

"Hey! Where are you going?!"

"Oppa Woo-jin!"

Screams from the foreign staff running alongside the plump woman mixed in.

"Ahhh!!"

They must have seen the knife clearly.

'Shit! I'm too late!'

Woo-jin, in his tuxedo, ran like a runaway train. The studio dome was chaotic.

'I need to get there first before I can even alert anyone!'

Even if he could alert others, it might not help. It was crucial for Woo-jin to reach and control the situation first. It was a moment of utmost urgency.

Seven steps, five steps, three steps.

By the time Woo-jin reached Cara, the plump woman was raising the knife, and Miley Kara was just opening her eyes. To Woo-jin, it all seemed to unfold in slow motion.

Thanks to his dynamic vision and judgment, courtesy of CQC, Woo-jin quickly assessed the situation. His priority was to neutralize the threat by getting the woman away from Kara. He was almost there. He could hear the woman's soft English words.

"Goodbye, Miley Kara."

In a flash, Woo-jin was on the woman. He lifted his leg, aiming for her side. He had to control his strength. Kicking too hard might send her flying in an unintended direction, potentially hitting other staff members. He adjusted his strength to be sufficient to drop her while keeping the distance to quickly subdue her. Woo-jin partially relaxed his leg muscles.