Chapter 341

"Two years into his career? That doesn't make sense."

This was Danny Landis' initial reaction, and it was entirely natural given what he'd just witnessed. The movie "Leech," and more specifically, Kang Woojin's performance within it, had left an impression on the seasoned Hollywood director. To his mind, such a level of acting would typically require at least a dozen years of experience in the industry.

And yet, they claimed that the portrayal of "Ripley syndrome" wasn't real but merely an act?

Danny Landis, who had encountered thousands of Hollywood actors, had seen and directed countless acting styles. He had watched so many diverse performances that he thought he had seen it all. Yet, Kang Woojin's acting was so engrossing that even he couldn't tear his eyes away. No doubt, the 3,000 other viewers who watched alongside him were also buzzing about it somewhere.

And now, they were telling him that this remarkable talent was only two years into his career?

Danny concluded that the giant sitting in front of him, Joseph, must be joking. Megan, sitting beside him, was surely in on it too. With a furrowed brow, Danny lowered his voice.

"Look, Joseph. I'm serious. This isn't the time for jokes to lighten the mood."

The towering Joseph chuckled softly and shrugged his shoulders.

"Director, I'm serious too. I haven't been in the mood for jokes since you arrived."

Hearing this, Danny Landis removed his round glasses and placed them on the table.

"Are you really telling me that Kang Woojin is only two years into his career? You expect me to believe that?"

He lowered his voice even more.

"This morning, the 3,000 people who watched 'Leech' with me were all blown away. The shocking quality of 'Leech' was one thing, but it was Kang Woojin's acting that truly stunned everyone. And these 3,000 people aren't just regular viewers. They're renowned figures in the film industry from Hollywood and around the world. That's not something a two-year rookie actor could pull off."

Although Danny Landis was a renowned director in Hollywood, known for his firm convictions, he was also adaptable enough to thrive in the vast landscape of Hollywood. However, no matter how open-minded he was, the idea that Kang Woojin was only two years into his acting career was simply unbelievable.

Yet, neither Joseph nor Megan's expressions changed. Joseph even seemed to convey a sense of 'Well, it's the truth, so what can you do?'

"When I first met Kang Woojin, I had the same reaction as you. And mind you, when we first saw him, he wasn't even two years into his career—he was just one year in."

"One year?"

"I understand your disbelief. His energy always exceeds expectations. I didn't witness the atmosphere in the theater this morning, but I can imagine it. I plan to watch the 7 PM screening of 'Leech' later today, and I suspect the reactions will be even more intense than they were in the morning."

"······"

"However, I have no reason to lie to you, Director. He is indeed two years into his career. If you look into it yourself, you'll find the truth. Admittedly, his past is somewhat vague. But he did debut two years ago."

"Vague past, you say?"

"Well, according to what I've found, he appeared out of nowhere like a comet, and from the start, his acting was inexplicably good."

As the explanation continued, the furrows in Danny Landis' brow deepened. On the other hand, Joseph's explanation seemed almost infectious, spreading the same sense of awe and disbelief.