Chapter 443-445

Chapter 443: Emmy (5)

In fact, the live chat for the 'Emmy Awards' was almost entirely filled with discussions about Kang Woo-jin throughout the ceremony.

- What's this! Kang Woo-jin has returned to normal!

- Normal? Honestly, I'm starting to get confused about which version of him is normal.

- Anyway, the villain from earlier was completely insane, right?!! I'm starting to get really excited!

- Honestly, whether he does well or not, this line bothers me. It's too arrogant.

- I want to see how amazing he really is.

- Why does he look so fine? It's actually weird.

- Even if he's a madman, he's still an actor, right? He's got the presence.

- He's just a lunatic.

The hype around 'Joker' was intense. And at this moment, not only in Korea but also in Japan.

"Kang Woo-jin, who appeared as a 'villain,' has grandly opened the 'Emmy Awards'!"

"South Korea's treasure 'Kang Woo-jin,' who showcased the 'Pierrot' teaser, shined with his exceptional performance at the 'Emmy Awards.'"

Broadcasts and media worldwide were pouring out crazy amounts of coverage about the 'Emmy Awards.' It had already been over an hour since the red carpet and live broadcast had started, and the 'Emmy Awards' ceremony was in full swing, so this was natural.

"LA TIMES: Kang Woo-jin, who appeared as 'Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain' at the 'Emmy Awards' red carpet, made a shocking appearance as himself."

Up to this point, it was like any other past 'Emmy Awards' event. The competition for coverage was fierce.

However, there was one significant difference in the simultaneous global news articles and reports:

"All articles and reports about the 'Emmy Awards' red carpet are focused solely on Korean actor Kang Woo-jin. He appeared on camera in an entirely different look. Yet, his performance has completely turned the 'Emmy Awards' upside down..."

Only Kang Woo-jin was visible. His performance and impact had captured global attention.

The 'Emmy Awards' proceeded under that condition.

And then.

"The 'Emmy Awards' for Best Actor in a Drama goes to... Beneficial Evil!!! Kang! Woo! Jin!!!"

Kang Woo-jin's name resonated powerfully around the world. The Best Actor in a Drama category at the 'Emmy Awards.' No Korean actor, or any Asian actor for that matter, had ever achieved this. Kang Woo-jin surpassed even the top Hollywood actors. 'Beneficial Evil' had already achieved two awards, and with this Best Actor award, he had reached three, but more importantly, he had achieved symbolic significance and a great accomplishment.

Not just a supporting actor award, but the lead actor award. Winning consecutive Best Actor awards at prestigious events like Cannes and the 'Emmy Awards' was a statement that Kang Woo-jin was at the forefront of global changes. It was not surprising if Korea or the world were astonished.

- Swoosh.

When his name resounded through the grand hall, Kang Woo-jin, with a nonchalant expression, walked towards the vast stage.

'······???'

He was filled with question marks. Me? Me? Really? Am I walking onto this glamorous stage? He wondered if it was a dream, but the reality was confirmed by the foreign hands patting his back and shoulders.

'Is it really me??! Wow—this is insane!!'

It would be a lie to say he didn't have any expectations. Even though Kang Woo-jin was playing a concept role, he had desires. However, compared to Cannes, the weight of the 'Emmy Awards' felt lighter. It was the weight of anticipation. Cannes is an amazing film festival, but there was a bit of deliberate targeting, and being an international film festival, it had a slightly different nature from the 'Emmy Awards.' Therefore, in terms of possibility, Cannes was higher.

Kang Woo-jin had high hopes but had somewhat given up on the 'Emmy Awards.'

'But they called me?! I won Best Actor at the Emmy Awards??!'

Although he didn't shoot 'Beneficial Evil' casually, the 'Emmy Awards' was a ceremony comparable to the Academy Awards. There were many top Hollywood stars and formidable competitors for Best Actor. The world's popular broadcasts were also abundant. In this jaw-dropping space, he won the top award, Best Actor.

How would he feel?

More than joy, Kang Woo-jin felt bewildered. Somehow, he made his way to the stage. The golden trophy was handed to him. The first impression was simple.

'This is heavy.'

The trophy, which depicted a winged woman holding a globe, was heavy. It was larger than his head. It felt the densest among all the trophies he had received so far. Of course, this was Kang Woo-jin's personal judgment. Was it different in weight due to global prestige and authority? The Academy Award is heavier? A myriad of thoughts raced through his mind for a brief moment.

Before he knew it,

- Swoosh.

The vast stage was now empty. The two actresses who handed him the trophy had left. The previously loud music had stopped, and the applause from thousands of people had ceased.

'Phew, I don't know anything.'

His mind went blank. Since he had not prepared any remarks due to the low expectations, it was almost a miracle if something came to mind at this moment.

At this point, Kang Woo-jin.

- Swipe.

Raised his head from looking at the trophy.

"······"

He looked at the cameras positioned in the front, left, right, and at the edge of the stage. His head felt hot due to the countless lights embedded in the dark ceiling. The audience seats were filled with thousands of foreign spectators. It was a sight like no other. Soon, Kang Woo-jin felt his knees weaken. A feeling akin to ecstasy surged from below his stomach.

Anyone who saw this would feel the same.

Kang Woo-jin gradually cooled down. He raised his arrogance along with the concept. He added a touch of 'beastliness.' Although he hadn't prepared any remarks, his first words quickly came out.

"Now, only the 'Academy Awards' are left."

In a low, calm English. Kang Woo-jin's gaze, which had been fixed on the camera, shifted to the thousands of astonished spectators. He then lifted the trophy he was holding slightly, making sure everyone could see.

"Only the 'Academy Awards' are left."

Repeating similar English, Kang Woo-jin turned his head slightly to the left. His heart pounded. Ah, he wanted to jump out immediately. But it was an impossible situation. Kang Woo-jin decided to speak anything in his desperate concept.

"I'm not good with words. First of all, thank you. It is a great honor to hold the 'Emmy Awards' trophy. I also thank the entire team of 'Beneficial Evil.'"

After the first statement, he continued with a parade of thanks. His tone was calm and composed, without any trembling. The foreign actors right in front of him were whispering.

"How can he stay so calm? Does he realize he's changing the history of the 70-year-old 'Emmy Awards'?"

"Seeing his relaxed demeanor and tone, he must have been confident he would win."

No, Kang Woo-jin's heart was on the verge of bursting. Still, due to his habitual strong persona, he managed to continue his remarks.

"Thank you to my family, friends, colleagues, and fans around the world. And—"

Suddenly, Kang Woo-jin switched from fluent English to Korean.

"To the citizens of Korea and fans in Korea watching the 'Emmy Awards' right now, I believe fulfilling the promises I made is the best fan service I can offer."

Kang Woo-jin concluded by looking at the front live camera.

"You will also be able to watch the live broadcast of the 'Academy Awards.' Thank you."

With his remarks completed, Kang Woo-jin casually left the stage. In the briefly silent grand hall, applause finally started to spread.

- Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!

All cameras followed Kang Woo-jin's every move. Reactions from the thousands of spectators were mixed.

"He's openly declaring it; in a way, it's impressive."

Admiration, or:

"He's causing another uproar. What a crazy actor."

Astonishment.

Regardless, Kang Woo-jin, holding his trophy, returned to his seat. The 'Beneficial Evil' team, including PD Song Man-woo and Miley Kara, continued to give standing ovations. All the actors except Hwa-lin were giving double thumbs up and smiling with satisfaction. When the excitement that lasted for a few tens of seconds subsided,

"Ha-ha, Mr. Woo-jin."

PD Song Man-woo, with his beard, patted Kang Woo-jin's shoulder and asked,

"How does it feel? You've conquered the Emmys as the first actor from all of Asia!"

Kang Woo-jin's response was brief.

"It's just how it is."

Meanwhile, in Korea, where the news of the Emmys' two awards had spread profusely:

"'Beneficial Evil' wins 2 Emmys... 'New history written!'"

Real-time news updates.

"[Breaking] Kang Woo-jin of 'Beneficial Evil' wins Emmy for Best Actor!"

Behind.

Once again, Kang Woo-jin had achieved a first. The Emmys continued with awards for Best Actress, followed by other drama-related awards.

"Emmy Award for Best Cinematography! 'Beneficial Evil'!!"

'Beneficial Evil' won again for cinematography. Already a four-time winner, it was the first time a Korean or Asian production had achieved such a feat. Hollywood's and the Emmys' history was being rewritten. Unfortunately, the remaining categories, except for Best Editing, did not result in wins for 'Beneficial Evil'.

But with four awards already, and adding the Best Actor award, it was more than sufficient.

"Drama category Best Writer goes to—'Beneficial Evil'! Congratulations!!"

'Beneficial Evil' had not yet finished its explosive run. In the category of Best Writer, the announcement was made.

"Wow!! Me? Is it really me???!"

The eyes of writer Choi Na-na widened in disbelief. Rising with difficulty and struggling to believe, Choi Na-na burst into tears as soon as she received the trophy. She cried so much that giving an acceptance speech was almost impossible. Consequently, the Hollywood director who announced the award had to comfort her.

Thus, 'Beneficial Evil' achieved the miraculous feat of being the first Asian production to win five Emmys.

It was nominated in ten categories and won half of them.

Thanks to this, the 'Emmy' hall filled with thousands of people was overheated. The air felt hot with excitement and frenzy. The Emmys' drama awards ceremony was approaching its end. However, with many categories in the Emmys, this drama section's conclusion did not mean the end of the ceremony.

There was still quite a bit to go.

Nonetheless, as the finale of the drama category approached, Kang Woo-jin and all the spectators watched the person taking the stage. It was a Hollywood actor. A muscular male actor opened the cue card. Soon, he smiled and shouted into the microphone.

"Emmy Award! Best Director!"

The Best Director award was essentially the same as Best Director.

"Congratulations! 'Beneficial Evil'! Song Man-woo!!"

Among the five works, the Best Director award went to PD Song Man-woo.

"...Insane! Did I really win?!"

'Beneficial Evil' had won six Emmys.

A few hours later.

The Emmys had ended. Kang Woo-jin, dressed in a navy tuxedo, got into a large van.

-Drurr!

After loosening his tie, he let out a long sigh as soon as he got into the car.

"Phew—"

Since it was just him in the car, it seemed the team members like Choi Seong-geon were still finishing up. Checking the time, Woo-jin saw it had already passed midnight.

"How many hours did it go on?"

Since it started in the afternoon, it had lasted at least five hours. It was the longest ceremony Kang Woo-jin had ever experienced. He recalled the earlier Emmys. Although 'Beneficial Evil' had missed out on the Best Drama award, the key awards were almost all swept. Woo-jin was satisfied.

"Best Director, Best Writer, and Best Actor. Plus Best Art Direction, Cinematography, and Stunt Performance, right? Amazing."

Korea—no, the world including Japan—would be in awe again. Woo-jin brushed his black hair. At that moment, fatigue hit him. After the Emmys' after-party and dealing with thousands of reporters, the broadcasting team and journalists that swarmed him were almost frenzied.

Soon, Kang Woo-jin let out another sigh.

-Soop.

He looked down at the golden trophy he was holding. Why was it in his hand? Astonished, Woo-jin smiled and took out his phone. Though it was on silent, the stack of messages was enormous. Putting it off for later, Woo-jin picked up any random script from his surroundings.

"I'll rest for now—"

To enter a different space. Unfortunately, since the Emmys' schedule wasn't over yet, he needed to replenish his energy.

-Poof!

Kang Woo-jin entered the endlessly dark space. At that moment, Woo-jin, having shed all his acting personas, stretched his arms and walked slowly. Reaching a place with white squares, he lay down. Though he yawned, he couldn't sleep.

Then.

"Huh?"

Lying down, he sensed some changes among the white squares. He sat up and looked closely at the characters on the white squares.

-[11/Script (Title: 'Pierrot: The Birth of the Villain'), EX+++]

-[12/Script (Title: Beauty and the Beast), EX+]

-[13/Script (Title: John Persona), SSS+]

The grades for the Hollywood scripts had all risen.

Chapter 444: Villain (1)

In the pitch-black void, Kang Woo-jin was smiling.

"Hehe, that's right. It's good."

Standing before the white squares, he was looking at the upgraded Hollywood projects. In particular, what caught Kang Woo-jin's attention was Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain.

-[11/Screenplay (Title: Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain), EX+++ Grade]

EX+++ Grade? It used to be EX+ Grade, and now it's jumped by two levels? EX+ Grade was already a huge hit, so how incredible must this be? Kang Woo-jin was thrilled to see the upgraded rating for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain. He thought:

"Indeed—the red carpet performance must have worked wonders, right?"

Kang Woo-jin, who had walked the red carpet as the Joker.

This performance shocked the thousands and thousands of people at the Emmy Awards. Of course, the global audience watching the live broadcast must have felt the same. On top of that, Kang Woo-jin's comment was, "This is the villain, watch it or not." Kang Woo-jin's influence in Hollywood was already immense, and he had detonated a bomb of curiosity with his performance.

"I couldn't resist either."

That performance must have had a significant impact. Additionally, Woo-jin winning the Emmy for Best Actor played its part as well. In other words, Kang Woo-jin's power, performance, and Best Actor award combined to create an explosion.

The result was:

"A skyrocketing grade."

An absurd EX+++ Grade.

"But is EX+++ Grade the highest, or does the + increase with the grade?"

Either way, it didn't matter. There could be higher grades, or this might be the highest. Woo-jin with the void just enjoyed it. His gaze then moved to other projects.

"Beauty and the Beast is EX+ Grade, John Persona is SSS+ Grade."

Both works had risen by one level each. This was clearly the spillover effect from Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain and the Emmy win for Best Actor. Moreover, the grade for John Persona had risen steeply. Starting at S Grade, it had now jumped to SSS+ Grade. Naturally, it wasn't certain that all the projects would be safe.

There was always the possibility of a dramatic drop if something unexpected happened.

But.

"That's for later. For now, let's just enjoy it."

Woo-jin had the mindset of leaving future concerns for his future self. He happily danced around. Anyone would do the same upon seeing such an amazing result. After a while of dancing, Woo-jin suddenly lay down. He needed to conserve energy for the upcoming journey.

How much time had passed?

After resting for a while, Woo-jin slowly got up.

"Well—let's go out."

He returned to reality, where his name was everywhere.

Later.

Back in reality, Kang Woo-jin continued with the remaining Emmy schedule. It was mostly a continuation of after-parties, but he also had interviews with broadcasting teams and reporters.

Additionally.

"Haha, Woo-jin, congratulations! I hope we can talk next time."

"Yes, thank you."

"Is the agency representative here?"

He had to speak with numerous figures such as directors, producers, and production company staff. That wasn't all. Hollywood actors and actors from around the world also approached Kang Woo-jin. They shook hands, greeted each other, took photos, and exchanged social media contacts. It was already past 2 AM, yet everyone was still energetic.

At this time, although the live broadcast of the Emmys had ended, the chat rooms were still active. The languages from around the world were streaming in frenziedly.

- Hahaha, unbelievable! Kang Woo-jin actually won Best Actor?! Hahaha

- Wow!! Honestly, I can't believe Kang Woo-jin won Best Actor!!

- The fact that Beneficial Evil achieved 6 awards is amazing.

- There must have been some sort of deal! Kang Woo-jin had the lowest chance of winning!

- Stop it, he deserved it, so the Emmys gave him Best Actor.

- No... Wow.... Seriously, Kang Woo-jin blew everyone away... Beneficial Evil 6 awards! Congratulations, Kang Woo-jin 😭😭😭😭😭

- It must be an exciting night for Koreans. It already looks like they're excited.

- Hahaha, Kang Woo-jin completely overshadowed Hollywood actors!!

- I'm even more curious about Kang Woo-jin's villain role now. Since he won Best Actor at both Cannes and the Emmys, it must be extraordinary.

- Yes!! National pride is soaring!! Flap!!

- What kind of magic did Kang Woo-jin use in Hollywood??

The result was truly astonishing for everyone.

Anyway, Kang Woo-jin arrived at his home in LA after finishing the Emmy schedule around 4 AM. He threw off his tuxedo jacket as soon as he arrived and flung himself onto the bed.

"Ahh!"

Although the void space didn't make him drowsy, his body felt heavy. Thanks to Director Ahn Ga-bok's consideration, he had the day off from shooting, so Kang Woo-jin, sprawled on the bed, lazily picked up his phone. It was filled with texts, messages, and DMs. He had already spoken to his family earlier, so he could check the rest of the messages later.

- Swish.

Woo-jin accessed Korean internet. What else could be said? Korea was already flooded with news about Beneficial Evil and Kang Woo-jin.

『[Breaking News] The Emmy Best Actor award goes to Kang Woo-jin, who delivered his acceptance speech in fluent English and thanked "the people of Korea and fans" in Korean.』

Articles were being endlessly distributed.

『It's exploded, Kang Woo-jin wins Best Actor & Song Man-woo wins Best Director... Beneficial Evil achieves 6 Emmys!』

『[Breaking News] Kang Woo-jin wins Best Actor at the Emmys... First Asian actor to achieve this』

『[Summary] Beneficial Evil wins 6 out of 10 nominated categories, a record for non-English works』

『Standing at the peak in LA... 'Kang Woo-jin', wins Emmy Best Actor! Declares "Now only the Academy Awards remain"』

Since the Emmys had just ended, it was only natural for this to be happening.

『[Star Talk] Appearing as a villain and concluding as Jang Yeon-woo, Kang Woo-jin wins Emmy Best Actor... Challenges directly for the Academy Awards』

『Following Cannes, he has now conquered the Emmys! Kang Woo-jin, who won Best Actor, has sparked explosive interest in Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain due to his red carpet performance』

Lying sideways, Kang Woo-jin's lips curved up.

"Hehe, this thrill never gets old."

His thumb moved quickly as he navigated the screen.

Korean portals, various cafes, blogs, and communities were all abuzz with Kang Woo-jin and Beneficial Evil. Seeing this joyful and exhilarating scene, Woo-jin's eyes slowly closed as he lay down. Unknowingly, he fell asleep.

However, Korea and the world were still in a frenzy over the Emmy results even as he slept through the night and into the morning.

『The world is in chaos! Kang Woo-jin wins Best Actor, Beneficial Evil achieves 6 awards and foreign media say "Beneficial Evil has rewritten Emmy history"』

『[Big Issue] CNM says "Beneficial Evil is truly spectacular!" Foreign media gives a thumbs up』

Since the moment the Emmys ended, Korea, Japan, Hollywood, and indeed the entire world, including the US, were frenetically covering the unexpected Emmy results. Media outlets, various platforms, YouTube, and SNS were all buzzing with news about Kang Woo-jin and Beneficial Evil.

And especially, Kang Woo-jin was at the center of it all.

【Breaking News!!】 Full Version of Kang Woo-jin's Acceptance Speech for the Emmy Award for Best Actor!! Speaking in English and then in Korean... Simply amazing...

The praise and hero worship soared high. From the moment the Emmy Awards ended, until about two days later on August 3rd, the buzz had not only remained strong but had grown several times.

『"A Legend is Made"‥The global sensation 'Beneficial Evil', and what's next for Best Actor Kang Woo-jin at the 'Academy Awards'?』

Moreover, Kang Woo-jin's mention of the 'Academy Awards' and the 'Joker' performance was still heating up global communities. While everyone was frantically discussing Woo-jin, he returned to the set of 'Pierrot: The Birth of the Villain' after his break.

"Hello."

Soon, over a hundred staff and actors rushed over.

"Wow!! Mr. Kang Woo-jin!! Congratulations!"

"Wow- The Best Actor has arrived!! Do you know Hollywood is buzzing with your name right now?! Congratulations!"

"I'm so happy that our lead actor won the award! I'm thrilled!"

"Not only did you win Best Actor! The 'Joker' performance was truly outstanding!!"

"Haha, that's right. Actually, this Emmy was like a ceremony made just for Woo-jin, wasn't it?!"

The congratulations and admiration poured in. It was well-deserved. It's rare for an actor who won the Emmy Award for Best Actor during filming to receive such recognition. It was a win-win for both Kang Woo-jin and 'Joker'. As Woo-jin continued to be congratulated by foreign staff, Director Ahn Ga-bok and Producer Nora approached him, along with executives from Columbia Studios.

Director Ahn Ga-bok started the conversation.

"Congratulations on the award, and your 'Joker' performance was truly exceptional. Apparently, Columbia's SNS was nearly paralyzed on the day."

Indeed, it was. The executives from Columbia had come to thank him, as such promotional power was invaluable and would be hard to achieve even with a large investment. Soon, Nora and the executives shook hands with Woo-jin, sincerely expressing their gratitude.

"Thank you for being such a great asset to our 'Cinematic Universe'."

Woo-jin nodded calmly.

"Yes."

As the executives left the scene, they all shared a common thought.

"Given this, we need to raise his price even more."

If another actor were to take on 'Joker'.

"Of course, let's review the finalized offer again."

Considering the global upheaval, they were uncertain about the potential consequences.

August 8.

About a week had passed since the Emmy Awards. Yet, the impact of the awards remained tremendous. Media around the world continued to release new updates daily, and behind-the-scenes videos from the Emmy Awards circulated on YouTube and social media.

Especially, any title with 'Kang Woo-jin' easily surpassed one million views.

Despite this, Kang Woo-jin focused solely on filming again. He had to postpone meetings, advertising offers, interviews, and broadcasting appearances as they poured in like a bombshell.

Filming was the priority. With 'Pierrot: The Birth of the Villain' in its later stages and the first shoot of 'Beauty and the Beast' approaching, he had no time to divert his attention.

Meanwhile, the 'Beneficial Evil' team, excluding Woo-jin, had returned to Korea.

『[Issue Pick] 'Beneficial Evil', the 6-time Emmy winner, team to appear on American talk shows!』

They continued to complete their remaining schedules in Hollywood, and by late afternoon on August 8th.

『[On-site Photo] After conquering the Emmy Awards... 'Beneficial Evil' team returns to Korea with golden trophies!/ Photo』

They returned to Korea holding their golden trophies. Hundreds of articles welcomed them, and a large crowd gathered to greet the 'Beneficial Evil' team. Although they had spent many schedules in Hollywood, there were many places in Korea eager to see them. Particularly, various entertainment programs were eagerly awaiting them.

However, Director Song Man-woo, who won Best Director, was already in work mode.

"Director, are you heading to the editing room right away?? You could take a break first."

"No, it won't do. With the global commotion we've caused, if we don't proceed properly, the current welcome will turn into criticism."

"Well, still- at least have a meal before you go."

"I'll eat there, I'll go."

He was just like Kang Woo-jin, immediately switching to work mode. The editing for 'Beneficial Evil' Part 2 was almost finished, and he planned to finalize it and hand it over to Netflix within a few days.

A few days later.

Late morning. At DM Production's large editing studio. Director Song Man-woo, who had locked himself in the editing room as soon as he returned to Korea, looked very different from the well-groomed appearance from days earlier. He now had a scruffy beard and unkempt hair, resembling someone overworked.

"Ahhhh!"

After being deeply engrossed in the monitor for a while, he suddenly stretched and murmured while looking at the ceiling.

"It's done-"

He was referring to the completion of editing 'Beneficial Evil' Part 2. He then looked down at Kang Woo-jin on the monitor and smiled.

"It feels like it was just yesterday when we were filming 'Profiler Hanryang', and now he's an Emmy Award-winning actor in Hollywood."

At that moment.

- Vvvv.

His phone vibrated twice. Checking it, he found a message from Kim So-hyang, the Executive Director.

'Is it a ghost? Messaging right after editing is done? Is she watching me from somewhere??'

Surprised, he checked the message. It wasn't about editing.

- Kim So-hyang, Executive Director: Director, have you seen the Hollywood 'Pierrot' movie poster? I think it just came out.

- Kim So-hyang, Executive Director: (Photo)

- Kim So-hyang, Executive Director: The mood is insane

Opening the photo file sent by her, Director Song Man-woo's eyes widened in surprise.

"······Wow, this is incredible??"

Meanwhile, in LA.

While it was morning in Korea, it was afternoon in LA. In the bustling city of Hollywood, two large vans were driving through. In the front van, Miley Kara was visible. Unlike Director Song Man-woo, she was looking at a tablet screen, but the photo displayed was the same.

'Pierrot: The Birth of the Villain First Poster-'

Kara, gazing at Kang Woo-jin's white face filling the screen, smiled lightly with a sense of admiration.

"This is that villain? The visuals are amazing."

The world had just seen the first look of 'Joker'.

Chapter 445: Villain (2)

The first teaser poster for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain was first unveiled on Columbia Studios's official social media.

- "Hello, this is Columbia Studios. We are excited to present the first teaser poster for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain, which has garnered significant attention at the Emmys. Both the cast and crew are focused on creating this project. We are committed to delivering a great work and..."

While there was a lengthy greeting, the main focus was the poster. Just one poster was revealed, and Miley Cara, driving through downtown LA, also saw it.

"This is that villain? The visuals are amazing."

It was genuine. Cara was immediately impressed upon seeing the poster on her tablet. The intense energy emanating from it was undeniable.

"It doesn't look like that man; I expected a somewhat shocking mask, but this surpasses expectations."

After a brief moment of examining the first teaser poster of Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain on her tablet, she asked her team members:

"What do you think of this poster?"

Responses came quickly:

"It's more striking than I expected."

"The makeup is incredible, almost chilling. If you didn't know it was Kang Woo-jin, you wouldn't recognize him."

"With 'Pierrot' in the title, it seemed like it would be a certain motif, but this poster... it's a bit scary, isn't it?"

"It's amazing how the mask turned out from Kang Woo-jin's usual reserved and cynical image."

"It's definitely eye-catching."

"Yes, and considering Kang Woo-jin's performance too."

Various opinions emerged, but overall, there was a sense of curiosity. Despite her blonde wig, Cara kept her gaze on the tablet.

"I... really like it."

The absurd costumes and hair from the Emmys were nothing compared to this. The poster she was viewing was a first teaser poster, a type that comes before the main promotional poster.

Thus, the poster featured only Kang Woo-jin.

The background swirled with red and blue, with black as the central color. It resembled a burning night cityscape. Kang Woo-jin's upper body was positioned in this backdrop.

Of course, he was not in his Henry Gordon role but as Joker.

His long red hair was swept back, and his face was pale. Red dots were on his eyebrows and the tip of his nose, and his eyes were drawn with sharp black shapes. The most overwhelming feature was his lips, drawn much thicker in red, stretched into a wide smile.

"Or is it a smile?"

The expression was ambiguous. It was unclear whether his face was naturally smiling or if the makeup created the illusion of a smile. The overall brightness of the poster made it hard to determine Kang Woo-jin's real lip shape. The visual suggested a broad grin. While the character's appearance was already deranged, his costume was also unusual.

Although the name Joker was not yet known, the character's face had been revealed worldwide.

Cara, who was looking at the poster, recalled the interview Kang Woo-jin gave at the Emmys. She remembered his wild behavior, including smoking. Soon, her anticipation grew.

What will Kang Woo-jin show us as this villain?

With her imagination running wild, Cara smiled and began to check the reactions to the post.

"Everyone seems to feel the same way I do."

There were already numerous comments. Naturally, in various languages. Cara shared the poster on her own social media.

Following this.

The first teaser poster for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain rapidly spread across Hollywood. By word of mouth and online shares. The focus was now on the upcoming shoot for Beauty and the Beast.

"This poster is intense."

"It seems like what we saw at the Emmys was just a preview."

"Who could resist after seeing this poster? Even though Kang Woo-jin said, 'Whether you watch it or not'."

"Exactly, with this poster's visuals and his performance—I'd definitely want to see it."

"The birth of a villain? Is Pierrot the first villain?"

"Although I'm a bit envious, our 'Beast' will also turn out with impressive quality."

"When is our pre-poster shoot scheduled?"

"Probably soon, just before the first shoot."

The John Persona camp was buzzing. Especially with Hollywood giant director Danny Landis expressing strong reactions. Joseph Felton added his comments.

"The mask is incredible; this is the first time a teaser poster alone makes me want to see the film."

"I was already surprised by his appearance and outfit at the Emmys, but to think the teaser poster would create such a buzz."

"Shouldn't we learn from this?"

"I'll consider it."

"Anyway, Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain is starting with a tremendous buzz. Just look at how the media and public are reacting."

Indeed, the first teaser poster for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain was selling at a rapid pace right after its release.

- "CNM: Emmys Best Actor Kang Woo-jin, the villain's face revealed for the first time!"

- "LA TIME: 'Whether you watch it or not' Kang Woo-jin shakes up the Emmys, with his Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain teaser poster unveiled!"

- "BBX: Even just the teaser poster creates a huge buzz! Did Kang Woo-jin's Emmys performance really pay off?"

In Korea:

- "Kang Woo-jin, the remaining Oscar contender, reveals the shocking first poster for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain!"

- "[Issue Pick] Kang Woo-jin's solo poster spreads worldwide... Global audiences: 'What is this?!'"

The response was almost frenzied.

- "Wow... this poster is incredible."

- "What? Is this the makeup he'll use in the movie? What's the film about?!"

- "Lol, after the Emmys craziness, releasing this insane poster? Who wouldn't watch? Hahaha."

- "It looks like it could be the best film ever."

- "With this makeup... combined with Kang Woo-jin's acting... what kind of film will be born?"

- "The terrifying clown indeed, lol."

- "Curious about the international reactions, lol."

Naturally, entertainment media worldwide, including Japan, spread the poster rapidly. By the 12th, a day later, the first teaser poster for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain was easily found across the internet and various media.

At this moment, Kang Woo-jin was.

'Ugh. It's great that the film is getting promoted well, but it's a bit embarrassing that my face is spreading worldwide. Even if it's the Joker's face.'

As he traveled to the shooting location, he was checking the global reactions. Not just him, but all the team members on the van were also doing the same. Some were focused on Korea, others on Japan, and others on Hollywood. Among them, Kang Woo-jin was pretending to be indifferent but was scanning the huge online community, Neddit.

There too, the Joker's face was everywhere.

And.

'Is it really that shocking? Well— Joker's face isn't exactly ordinary.'

The English comments were overwhelmingly focused on shock and fear. Some even labeled the image as monstrous. Of course, there were plenty of angry and derogatory comments as well, but Woojin wasn't too concerned about the overseas audience's reactions. He was more focused on a growing realization.

'Am I seeing just the tip of the iceberg?'

He could sense that something significant was brewing. Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain would be released not only in Korea and the U.S. but worldwide, and its rating had recently risen to EX+++.

'The first EX-level film, The Beneficial Evil, was a global hit and won six Emmys.'

What could be said about Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain being three levels higher? Simply looking at The Leech, which attracted 30 million viewers combined in Korea and Japan, was already a tremendous success. However, Pierrot was on a completely different level compared to The Leech.

'Honestly, I can't even imagine.'

A worldwide release. It was hard for anyone to fully grasp what it meant to have their film released globally, including Woojin.

At this point, Choi Seong-geon, who was sitting in the passenger seat, turned around and pointed out the back.

"Woojin, look behind you. Can you see the vans following us?"

"Yes."

"They've been tailing us since earlier. They're 100% paparazzi trying to get photos of you."

Paparazzi? Woojin wondered internally. Choi Seong-geon answered his unspoken question.

"In other words, it's proof that you've officially become a Hollywood star."

Two days later, on the 14th, in the morning.

The location was the 50,000-square-meter SPT Studio in LA. Dozens of groups were bustling around the grand set where Beauty and the Beast was to be filmed. At the forefront of these groups was director Bill Rothner, wearing black-rimmed glasses.

In short, it was the Beauty and the Beast team.

Director Bill Rothner and his key staff were inspecting the finished set and aligning the scenes and compositions for the ongoing production.

"This 'Beauty Belle' village set needs to be rehearsed with the minor roles."

"It's quite large, so if we're not careful, the movements might get tangled."

"Hmm, that's important. We need to ensure the actors are informed since rehearsal will be quite necessary."

"Understood."

After spending several minutes inspecting the set, the team arrived at a grand castle entrance. Although it wasn't fully decorated yet, director Rothner imagined how it would look when completed. He stood in front of a large tree right in front of the castle.

"If we include the castle entrance, the shot will look great."

He told the nearby staff.

"The character poster should be taken here. Also, 'The Beast' will be portrayed in both the 'prince' and 'beast' forms."

Once the poster and other matters were finalized, the Beauty and the Beast team returned to the entrance of the set. The producer then spoke to director Rothner.

"I'll inform the actors about the first shooting day."

Nodding in agreement, director Rothner muttered to himself.

"First shooting on September 1st, and only two weeks left."

At the same time, at Columbia Studios.

In a medium-sized conference room in the main building, familiar foreign figures were gathered. Director Ahn Gabok with a wrinkled face, producer Nora Foster on the opposite side, and several staff and executives from Columbia Studios. Although there was no shooting for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain today, the standby time was from noon.

This meeting was held monthly to discuss progress and notable points.

Various topics were discussed.

Actors' conditions, small and large issues on set, things that needed preparation, and so on. During this, one of the executives with a bald head asked director Ahn Gabok.

"Will the filming wrap-up happen as initially planned?"

Director Ahn Gabok thought for a moment before answering.

"It seems it will be earlier than expected."

"Oh, that's good."

Then, director Ahn Gabok inquired.

"Have you completed casting for Woojin in your 'Cinematic Universe' follow-up films?"

"······"

After a brief silence, the bald-headed executive exchanged glances with other executives and sighed.

"We are working on it."

Director Ahn Gabok, who had been observing the executives, thought to himself.

'It won't be easy. Woojin's fluctuating asking price and the fact that he doesn't move without seeing the script.'

Director Ahn Gabok then spoke again.

"Have you decided on the release date for Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain?"

"Considering global release, promotional marketing, and editing, we are looking at the second half of next year."

"Next year's second half—"

Director Ahn Gabok, who had been touching his wrinkled cheek, suddenly recalled a past event. Woojin's acceptance speech at the Emmys.

"Is Pierrot: The Birth of a Villain solely the prelude to your Cinematic Universe?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you not aiming for the Academy Awards?"

The foreign attendees in the conference room stirred slightly but quickly settled down. This time, the bald-headed executive answered.

"Every Hollywood production naturally hopes for an Academy Award nomination. So our film will be no different. Although the upcoming April Academy Awards may be difficult due to timing, we aim for the Academy Awards the following year after the release in the latter half of next year."

"I think differently."

"Different thoughts?"

Director Ahn Gabok, recalling Woojin's portrayal of the Joker, continued.

"I am convinced that we should aim for the Academy Awards this time."