Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Emma's POV

"After you, loser" Jack said with a smile on his face as he opened up the door to the passenger seat.

"Thanks, bitch" I blew him a cheesy kiss and got into the car. After the conversation him and I had, we decided we would go to the park that him and I went to all the time when we were younger.

Jack jogged over to the other side of the car letting himself in the car and put the key into the ignition. He checked the rear view mirror as he backed out of my driveway. He put the car in forward as he started driving down my street.

"So..what are we?" I broke the question. Someone had to ask it and I really had no idea what we were. Jack looked over at me and smiled. He lifted his hand from the steering wheel and put it on my thigh.

"You're my best friend" I smiled to myself and put my hand on top of his, linking our fingers together.

"And you're mine, too" I looked to him his eyes focused on the road ahead. In my opinion, I hated putting labels on relationships. Unless the couple was completely in love, theres no need to label anything. I loved Jack and I know he loved me too but I couldn't imagine me calling him my boyfriend again; at least not this soon.

"Make a right!" I yelled at him. He almost missed the turn. "You're an idiot" I laughed and playfully punched him in the arm.

"Oh shit you're right" He lifted his hand from my thigh and put it on the steering wheel. He made the sharp right turn, almost tipping the car over. We both broke out into laughter as we thought we were going to die. I lived for moments like this. My best friend and I just laughing and enjoying each others company.

He parked in an available parking spot and we both got out of the car. He slung his arm around me as. I connected my head to his chest as we walked together towards the swings. The park wasn't too crowded, maybe a couple kids running around with their parents nearby.

We finally got to the swings and the two of us got onto the ones right next to each other. We swung for about thirty minutes just talking about life and how crazy the last couple weeks were. We talked about Cameron, we talked about Brooke, and we talked about Sammy. This is why I loved us. We knew how to communicate with one another.

After the swings, we took turns going down the slide and swinging on the monkey bars. We were acting as if we were little kids again. Hours went by of us enjoying ourselves. We shared a few kisses and made few jokes about each other and everything felt comfortable again.

We made our way back to the car and he opened the door for me first just like he did before. We decided that we would go grab some food at this diner that we always go to. They have the absolute best ice cream sundaes that we were both craving.

The drive was a comfortable silence. All we could hear was 2seater by Tyler, The Creator playing quietly in the background.

The sun roof was open and the wind was blowing through both of our hair. The nice summer air felt great on my skin and it wasn't too hot or too cold outside.

I love it when your hair blows
When it blows, when it blows, when your hair blows
Hanging out the sunroof

I sang quietly along with the song.

Jack would occasionally look at me and just smile. I loved when he did this. It made me feel so special. I loved the way he made me feel.

"Stop staring at me" I chuckled even though I didn't want him to look away. He laughed and shook his head as he focused on the road again.

He quickly looked at me again. His face with a small smile every time. This time for an even longer time. Maybe even too long, because I even think he ran a red light. I looked past him and there seemed to be a big truck driving towards us. My eyes slowly got wider and my smile faded.

"I just can't stop looking at y-"

boom.

********************