Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Emma's POV

I finally got back to the hotel after my shopping with Mahogany. I would have enjoyed it better if the topic of Jack and Cameron didn't come up but I don't really care anymore. People can't tell me who I can and can't hang out with. That's my decision. I thought Cameron was a super nice guy who always checks up on me. I forgot to ask how Cam and Mahogany knew each other because she seemed to know a lot more than I did.

I walked into the almost empty lobby. It was about 8:00pm so I wasn't sure why it was so empty but I ignored it and made my way to the elevators. Right when I pressed the up button, someone came up from behind me and put their arms on my shoulder saying "boo!". I turned around and sure enough it was Cameron.

"Holy shit, you scared me so bad!" I said sarcastically. I didn't get scared easily. I love scary things, Jack's the one who gets scared shitless.

"You were scared on the inside" He said winking back at me. "So I tried to text you back earlier but my number was blocked?" He asked as a question. Great, now I have to explain this whole deal to him.

"Umm, yeah, some stuff happened between Jack and I. Let's just say he wasn't so happy to see me texting you." I told him the truth

"You know it's not his decision on who you can and cannot text, Emma" He said frowning. It was actully really funny to see the ammount of hate they had for each other.

"Yeah, I know that but I can kind of see where he's coming from I guess." I said shrugging my shoulders. The elevator doors opened and we walked in. We were both on the 10th floor so he pressed the button.

"We should hang out tomorrow, just as friends of course." He said turning to face me.

"Um, I don't know if thats a good idea becau- "

"It's not his decision, Emma" He said rather harsh now. He was right, though. Jack couldn't say whether I can or can't hang out with someone. "Besides, you can just tell him you're going to hang out with Mahogany or something" Right after he said that his eyes opened slightly wider. He looked like he said something that he shouldn't of.

"Wait, how do you know I was hanging out with Mahogany?"

"Oh, um, she's my, uh, cousin" He said.

"Oh" was all I said. The elevator dinged as we reached our floor. I could trust him, I think. I knew he wouldn't tell anybody about that stuff what happened between us, right? Whatever, like I said, deny, deny, deny.

Trust. It was hard for me to trust people. And sometimes if I trust someone, they stab me right in the back.

~flashback~

My eyes were heavy. I had no idea where the hell I was and all I wanted to be was at home in my bed. Instead of that, I had no idea where I was. My vision was blurry, I could barely see my own hand in front of my face. My whole body was shaking. I couldn't move, I was numb. The only thing covering my bare naked body was a thin bed sheet.

Someone else was in the room with me. I could sense their presence. But it wasn't him, it was a girl.

"B-B-Brooke?" I could barely speak. I couldn't even hear my own voice? Did words even come out of my mouth?

"Brooke!" I screamed as loud as I could. I guess it was loud enough because I could see her body slowly moving towards me. Her jaw was dropped. She was in shock of what she had just seen as well.

"Emma, oh my god" was all she said. Tears started streaming down her face."What did he do to you?" I could barely hear a word coming out of her mouth. It was like my ears were blocked. She hurried over to the closet and pulled out a random t-shirt and boxer shorts. She helped me put them onto my body because I was to numb to do so.