Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Jack's POV

"Shit" I said throwing on my shirt. 

"Jack I-I'm sorry I thought you guys were over" Brooke panicked. 

"It's not your fault, Brooke, it's mine." I sighed while putting my Vans back on and getting up from the bed. It really wasn't her fault. Emma and I aren't together anymore. 

I ran out of the room and left Brooke there alone. I could talk to her later, what I really needed to do now was talk to Emma as much as it pains me to see her. 

I ran down the stairs getting stairs from most of the kids there but I ignored them. I pushed past drunk kids who could barely walk striaght and made it to the front door. The cold night air blew in my face as I started running towards Emma's house. 

The night was really quiet and I could only hear my shoes against the pavement. I was really nervous to see her again and actually talk to her but I missed her. I'm such an asshole. But every time I thought about missing her, I thought back to Cameron and what she did with him. It made me sick to my stomach. 

After a 15 minute run, I made it to Emma's house. I took a deep breath as I walked up her driveway. What would I even say? Would I apologize for being with Brooke? Would she apologize to me for Cameron? Her situation with Cameron was way worse than mine that's for sure. 

I walked up to her door and rang the doorbell. Of course I was nervous as hell but I needed to see her and hear her voice. 

Soon after I rang, the door opened slowly opened. 

Emma's POV

"Jack" was all I could say. I stepped outside to the cold air and closed the door behind me. I leaned my back against the door. I was surprised to see he actually came back. I could only imagine how red and puffy my face was because I've been crying ever since I came back home. I was only wearing a big t-shirt that reached down to my mid-thigh. 

Jack smiled slightly when he saw the shirt I was wearing. It was his. My cheeks became red. Wow, I'm so stupid. I just threw on the first shirt I saw and of course it was this one. His smile faded away and his face become more serious. 

"Why'd you do it, Emma?" His eyes never looked away from mine. I felt like crying and running into his arms but at the same time the image of what I just saw just kept playing in my head

"I'm talking to another guy" I blurted out. What did I just say?! It was just out of jealousy. Jack looked taken back. "It's not Cameron" I tried to lighten my stupidity.

"Oh..." He nodded his head and looked down. I know he was trying not to be upset but if he can't have a thing with Brooke, why can't I?

"Who is it?" He asked trying to keep his cool.

"You don't know him" I anwered quickly. He just nodded his head in response. 

"So... Are we still friends?"

"Of course, Jack. I missed you" It was true. We talked everyday and it felt so weird not talking. 

"Good" He smiled "Well, I'll see you Em" He put his head down and hurried away from my house. 

Jack's POV

 I didn't know what to do. I haven't seen her in forever and I come back to find out she found somebody else. I mean I did have my thing with Brooke but I would be lying if I said this didn't hurt.

Emma's POV

*THE NEXT DAY*

I was happy I was on good terms with Jack but he was with Brooke now. Or so I think. That could've just been a drunk hookup but what if there was something more? 

"Emma come downstairs!" 

I groaned as I lefted the sheets so I could get out of bed. The last thing I wanted to do was get up, but I know I had to eventually. I stayed up all night eating tubes of ice cram and watching Nicholas Sparks movies. I scratched my eyes so they would adjust to the light and made my way downstairs.

My mom was sitting at the kitchen table doing work on her laptop.

"What?" I asked rather harshly. She looked up from her screen and frowned at my appearance. I just rolled my eyes. It's not my fault I just woke up. She looked back down at her laptop.

"I need you to run to the store and grab some lettuce. I'm preparing a salad for annual 4th of July party at the Gilinsky's tonight." She said typing on her laptop. My heart stopped. I completely forgot about that. Every year they have a party with some people from our neighborhood and we sit out and watch fireworks together.

I didn't answer. I just starred at her blankly. "Is there a problem?" She looked up from her laptop again.

"N-no it's fine" I shook my head and walked towards the garage.

I pulled the car out of the drive way and made my way to the store. I wasn't too sure how I felt about this. I'm glad Jack and I are on good terms but I can already sense the awkwardness. I parked the car and went inside of the busy supermarket. 

I made my way straight for the vegetables so I could get out of here as fast as possible. I scanned through the aisle looking for the lettuce until I finally found it. I put the lettuce in the plastic bag and turned around to go to the cashier but of course my clumsy self accidently runs into someone causing my lettuce to fall to the ground.

"Shit sorry" I said to the person.

"Don't worry about it" He said bending down and picking it up for me. I could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Oh shit, hey Emma" Sammy said handing me my lettuce.

"Hi" I responded coldly. We haven't talked in forever and I didn't want to now. 

"How have you been? I heard about you and Gilinsky..."

"I'm fine" I said quickly. I really didn't want to get into this conversation.

"That's good." He said looking down. "I'm sorry, Emma" He looked me in the eyes.

"It''s okay." It really wasn't. He took Brooke's side and not mine. 

"Are you going to the Gilinsky's barbque later?" He asked trying to chang the subject. Great now I had to see him there too that's going to be fun.

"Yeah, I guess I'll see you later." I said nodding. 

"I guess so" he replied. I smiled and walked past him to the cashier. 

It was going to be a long day.

**********************

holy shit im so sorry I've been so busy with school I could never write but now I'm back.

and btw I went to digi tour and I met jack & jack and i dont even want to talk about it or i'll burst into tears omfg it was the best night of my life

bye uglies :)))