Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Emma's POV

I was betrayed by both Mahogany and Jack and that hurt my heart so much. I guess it's not necessarily Mahogany's fault considering she doesn't know who Jack is, but Jack? Why would he ever do such a thing. I was mostly just confused by all of this.

All I wanted to do was talk to someone. A friend. But who? I was by myself.

My thoughts were interrupted by Jack barging through the door. I quickly wiped away my tears and got up from the bed.

"Jack?" I called out his name and walked towards the door. I wanted to ask him what happened when he confronted Cameron but I was too afraid to know the answer. He didn't answer me. He seemed very upset. Normally, he would ask me if I was okay or why I was crying.

"Oh my god" I whispered bringing my hand to cover my mouth. His right hand was split at the knuckles causing them to bleed. It was already starting to swell up as well. "Did you punch him?" I asked, my voice was panicked and shaky. Still no answer. "Here" I said grabbing his wrist and leading him to the bathroom.

He just stood there facing me not making eye contact. Why wasn't he talking? What the fuck did Cameron say to him?

I ignored it and reached my hand over to the sink to turn on the faucet. This wasn't normal for us. We are always talking or joking around. Why was he doing this?

I grabbed his wrist again and put it under the cold water causing him to tighten his knuckles in pain. After a couple of seconds the water soothed him and he unclenched his fist slowly.

"Move your fingers around to make sure they aren't broken." I instructed him. He did as he was told and luckily, his fingers didn't seem broken. He continued to look down. Not saying a word to me.

"Be right back" I said jogging to my suitcase. I guess my mom was smart by telling me to bring a first aid kit. I doubted her but it looks like it came in handy. I took out a piece of gauze and sports tape so I can wrap his hand up. I walked back into the silent bathroom and grabbed his hand. I dabbed the gauze on his knuckles causing him to flinch slightly. "Sorry" I muttered and continued.

Once most of the blood was out of the way, I wrapped his hand with the tape. "There you go." I said looking up at him. He just remained silent. I opened my mouth again to ask him what was wrong but he spoke first.

"Emma..?" He finally spoke looking down at me so we could finally make eye contact.His voice was shaky which made me nervous. "You wouldn't lie to me, right?" Shit. It hurt me every time I had to lie to his face. This wasn't who I am.

But, I had to lie. I couldn't hurt him.

"N-no, why?" I may have answer too fast. I couldn't tell what emotion he had on his face. Part of it was anger and part of it was saddness.

"Did you do anything with Cameron?" He scrunched his eyebrows at me.

"No! Why would I ever do that to you?" I was lying through my teeth.

"Emma, just tell the fucking truth" My hands were starting to shake and the top of my forehead became wet with sweat.

"I didn't do anything with him Jack, you trust me, right?" He shouldn't.

"Yeah, yeah nevermind" He finally said. Too bad my heart was breaking to pieces.

Jack's POV