Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Emma's POV

I was on my way to the bus stop to meet Cameron. While I was walking I got to thinking, if we were just hanging out, what's with all the surprises? If this was a normal friendship, wouldn't we just go to the movies or grab some lunch? I started panicking. I hope Cameron doesn't take this the wrong way. He knows I'm with Jack and he's smart enough to know that if anything happened Jack would kill him. Literally.

I decided to keep it casual. I wore my Yeezus concert shirt, black high waisted shorts, and my black combat boots.

When I got to the bus station, he was already there. We said our hellos and I gave him a hug. I cut the hug short just so it was just friendly. We got on to the bus when it arrived. The bus wasn't that crowded so we just made our way to the back and he let me sit at the window. After he sat down i scooted myself as close to the window as possible. I didn't want to give him any ideas.

We didn't speak for a lot of the ride. It kind of sucked because we were so used to talking a lot but I felt like I had to seperate myself from him just to please Jack.

I was really happy and surprised that Jack trusted me with this but I felt like the biggest bitch on the planet.

~flashback~

I woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning. I jumped out of bed from the terrible nightmare I just had. The top of my forehead was covered in sweat. My whole body was hot. I was breathing so heavily, my chest rising up and down. I just had a nightmare from the night I will never forget, the night that would never get out of my head.

Tears were streaming down my face. I wanted to scream, I wanted to end this. I wanted to run to my mom and tell her all that happened and why I was crying like this but I couldn't. I wasn't allowed to.

This wasn't the first time I've had this dream, it happens almost every week. I did the only thing I could do. I grabbed my phone off my bedside table, my hand shaking. My vision was blurry but I managed to unlock my phone. I dialed the only number that I knew would answer at 3 am.

He and answered on the second ring.

"Emma? Are you ok? Did you have the dream again?" He was so concerned. He didn't sound tired even thought I know he had been sleeping. He purposely turned his phone on to full volume just in case I called this late at night or technically morning.

"Y-yeah I had the d-dream" I said in between sobs. "C-can you come ov-"

"Be there in 5" he said and hung up. I continued crying. Not only because of my dream, but because of the fact that Jack would run over to my house at 3 o'clock in the fucking morning.

I sat there waiting for him by my window. If my parents found out he would be running here this early, they would be pissed.

5 minutes later I saw him run up to my window. He saw the fear in my eyes and my red puffy cheeks. He frowned and walked over to my shed where he knew the ladder was. Being as quiet as possible, he lifted the ladder up to the side of my house. He climbed up, without trouble. He's done this too many times. Once he got up I opened my window and helped him in.

After he got in, he shut the window shut and immediately gave me a hug. I tucked my head under his warm chest and cried harder. The harder I cried, the tighter he hugged me. After three minutes, he walked me over to my bed and we both sat down, leaning on the back of my bed.

He rubbed his hands over my cheeks so he could wipe away my tears. It calmed me down and my tears slowly came to a stop.

"Jack, thank you" I couldn't thank him enough.