Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Jack's POV

I went back to my hotel room with Johnson while Emma was getting her sweater back with Cameron. I know I shouldn't of let her go to his room alone but now she knows what a prick he is since he left her at the park. He did seem somewhat mad about it when I confronted him about it but also, something about his face didn't seem right. He felt comfortable.

It's been almost ten minutes since Emma's gone to his room and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to worry. How long does it take to get a damn sweater?

"How long does it take to get a sweater?" Johnson spoke my thoughts as he plopped down on the couch.

"I know. I'm gonna go over there" It was only a matter of time before I would go to his room. I grabbed the room key and made my way towards Cameron's room. We were on the same floor, but different wings so it took a while to get over there.

As I walked, I was thinking about how happy I was that Cameron was going to leave the hotel tomorrow to go to his actual house, here in LA.

I continued walking down the long hallway, picking up my pace with each step. All of a sudden, I heard sobs coming from around the corner. I freezes dead in my place. The noise sounded all too familiar. I knew they were coming from Emma.

"Shit" I said under my breathe and threw my hands on top of my head. I knew I shouldn't of left her to see Cameron by herself. I'm a fucking idiot.

My feet ran past the corner and I saw my Emma sitting there with her knees tucked into her chest and her head in between her knees.

Emma's POV

Quick footsteps came running closer to me. I didn't even have to look up to know who it was.

Jack quickly came over to me and I looked up. When he saw my big puffy eyes he was furious. Obviously he knew it was Cameron.

"It was him wasn't it" Jack said pounding on Cameron's door. I knew this was going to happen. Instead of getting into the middle of it, I simply got up and started walking back towards my room. Obviously Cameron wouldn't tell Jack the truth so why would I try to defend myself.

As I was walking back all the bad memories started flooding back in my head. Why did this have to be happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?

~flashback~

*ring ring* the final bell of the day rang and everyone in the classroom got out of their seats. This was my favorite part of the day because I got to leave all these bitches and go home.

To be honest, after the lies Brooke said about me, everyone thought I was a slut. The only people who were my true friends were Jack and Jack. Even Sammy believed Brooke's lies.

The busy hallway silenced as I walked through it. Unfortunately I was used to it. I ignored the whispers as I made my way to my locker on the east wing.

Jack met me there with his keys swirling on his fingers. "Hey, I can drive you home if you don't want to walk"

"Sure, thanks" I said quietly. I've been out of it for the past month and he knows that too.

I closed and locked my locker and slung my backpack on my right shoulder. We made our way to the parking lot but someone stopped us on the way.

"Oh look who it is!" Brooke said walking up to me. Jack came in front of my to separate me and Brooke. "It's the slut herself!" He voice raised causing the attention towards me.