Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Emma’s POV

I woke up the next morning feeling slightly bester than I did yesterday morning. It was such a relief knowing I wasn’t pregnant. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulder. 

Maybe it’s a good idea to actually look at the flash drive. I was too scared to do it the last couple of days. What the hell could even be on it? It had to be really bad if it caused Jack to leave.

I sighed and got out of bed. I had a pounding headache which was common these last couple of days because of all the stress. I walked to the bathroom and took two Tylenol’s as usual. I stuck my head under the sink to get some water to swallow them with since I was too lazy to grab a bottled water.

I walked back out into the room and went to the shelf. There it was. I took the flash drive in my hands and starred at it for a while. I fumbled it in my hands. Part of me wanted to just flush it down the toilet but I have to fix whats been bothering me for the past few days.

I walked over to the bed and sat down letting my feet dangle over the edge. I took out my laptop from my suitcase and sat it on my lap. I sighed while putting the flash drive inside of the laptop. 

First, there were two pictures. One of Cameron kissing me, and one of him squeezing my cheeks. I felt nauseous. The fact that Jack saw these made me feel more nauseous. Saying I never want to see him again was an understatement.

Next there was a video. What? I opened the video and Cameron said some words and left the room. My heart started pounding. I think I knew what this was. The video fast forwarded to someone opening the door again. In came Cameron and me

“Oh no” I said my eyes were already starting to water. I knew exactly what this was. Unfortunately, I remember this day very clearly.

Cameron laid me down on the bed. “No! No! No!” I yelled at the screen closing my laptop and putting my hand over my mouth. I cried harder than I ever had. 

Gilinsky saw this.

It had to have broke him to pieces.

I had to get out of here. I needed to go back to Omaha. I need to explain everything. He needs to know this happened before me and him were together.

The tears in my eyes made it hard for me to see but I tried to grab all my things and shove them into my bags. I need to make the next flight to Omaha.

Jack’s POV

I woke up the next morning at around 2:00 PM like I did everyday. I scratched my eyes trying to adjust them to the light. They burned slightly from all the weed from yesterday but I ignored it. Pain didn't matter to me anymore.

I haven't eaten a lot lately and I definitely haven't been talking to my friends. I don't want them asking me a ton of questions about Emma and I. I didn't really care about anything anymore. I've barely been out of my room unless it was to go to the park or to the kitchen to grab something small to eat.

My mom was really starting to worry about me as well. Eventually, Emma's parents asked why she wasn't back and I lied and said she was still there with Johnson and they were coming in a week. I know that lie wasn't going to last long but I didn't care enough. Everything my parents said went in one ear and out the other.

I grabbed my phone from beside my bed and unlocked it. It still had 79% battery and I haven't charged it since I was in LA. That shows how little I've been on it. The last time I tweeted something was 5 days ago, yikes.

I decided to tweet something just because I felt bad for not tweeting in a while

"@jackgilinsky: hey guys, sorry I haven't been tweeting lately. A lot has been going on :/"

I tweeted it and immediately got favorites, retweets, and replies. I favorited some of the nice responded. Most of them guessed saying my tweet was about Emma and yes, they were right.

I went to Instagram and liked some of my friends pictures. I haven't posted on Instagram in 2 weeks and I wasn't going to any time soon. 

I was bored out of my mind and I didn't have anyone to talk to.

Then I remembered Brooke.

She did tell me to text her if I wanted to talk. I was hesitant at first but I decided on texting her. Maybe she can fully explain all the shit she did.

Jack: Hey.

It was so weird texting her. It's been forever. About 5 minutes later she responded.

Brooke: It's been forever since we've texted... whats up?

Jack: I don't know. Just want someone to talk to i guess...

Brooke: Oh.. what are you doing now?

Jack: Nothing...you can come over if you want? Just to talk, ya know?

I wasn't sure if I should send the last text or not. I wasn't trying to lead Brooke on. I actually just wanted to talk.

Brooke: Ya I'll be there in 5

Jack: Alright. Doors open.

I sat my phone on my bed and got up to actually look decent. I put on my normal basketball shorts and top and just combed my hair with my fingers. I brushed my teeth and put on some deodorant. 

I sat back on my bed and when I pulled out my phone, my door swung open. Brooke stood there smiling her blonde hair pulled up in a messy bun with some nike shorts and a baggy t-shirt that was tied in the back with a rubber band.

"Hey" I greeted her and she sat down on the bed next to me.

"Hey" She signed and looked at me. I would be lying if I said it wasn't awkward but it was nice to have someone. "Want to talk about it?"

I sighed rubbing my temples. I didn't want to talk about it but I know I eventually had to. 

So I told her everything. From the first time Emma and I kissed in the closet, to the video. She was actually a really great listener. It was hard for me to tell people things and she definitely made it easier. I felt good after letting everything out.

"Wow, Jack I'm sincerely sorry" She said with a serious face. 

"It's fine" I lied looking back at her. There was another awkward silence but it was more comfortable. We stood there staring at each others eyes. 

Without thinking, I leaned into her face and kissed her. Our lips connected and she was shocked at first but then went along with it. She put her hand on my cheek and out lips moved in sink. After a couple seconds I pulled away.

"I-I'm sorry I don't know why I did that" I stuttered. Without responding, she leaned in and kissed me again.

***************

OH SHIT

what do you think of Brooke and Jack?? ;)

alsoooo people are asking for my twitter and I said it a long time ago but i deleted it so if you have it congrats if you dont sucks for youuuu :))

bye ily hope you enjoyed the chapter, thots