Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Emma's POV

"Hurry up, Emma!" My mom never stops yelling.

"I am jeez" I half- yelled. It was time for Jack's barbeque and trust me I was not in the mood.

I slipped on some white shorts with a black top and flannel. I decided to keep my shoes simple and wear my white Converse high-tops.

I put in light makeup and made my way downstairs.

"Here, take these to the car" My mom intructed while handing me a plate of her freshly baked cookies. I nodded my head and made me way to the car her following me close behind.

After the short drive, we arrived at his house. I wasn't that nervous, I just didn't want to be here, period.

I got out of the car my mom following behind me as we made our way to the front door. My mom rang the doorbell and put her hand on my lower back.

"Hello! Glad you all made it!" Mrs. Gilinsky greeted my mom and I.

"Of course we would make it! Never missed it once, you know that." My mom responded.

"Emma, sweety, go on to the back that's were all the kids are" Mrs. Gilinsky moved away from the door, allowing me to step inside.

I walked into their familiar house and made my way towards the backyard.

"Emma how are you, honey" I turned my head to the familiar voice.

"Mr. Gilinsky! I'm good, and you?"

"Im great" I smiled in return and continued to the backdoor. I hesitated while opening the back door. I didn't know who would be here or what to expect. All eyes were on me as I stepped outside. Jack, Jack, Sammy, and of course, Brooke was here sitting in a circle around the unlit fireplace since it was still light outside.

They all greeted me and I gave them a small smile im return and sat down in between Sammy and Johnson. There was no way I wanted to sit next to Gilinsky or Brooke.

Brooke was practically on Jack's lap which is what I definitely didn't want to see. I honestly didn't know if Jack was happy with her or not. He just didn't seem like himself.

Everyone continued on with their conversation but I kept quiet. I just wan't in the mood. Brooke had no problem being all over Jack in front of my face. She kept touching his face and hair and it honestly just pissed me off.

We continued with small talk. No one brought up Jack and Brooke being together which was nice but you could definitely cut the tension with a knife and everyone knew it. Well, everyone except Brooke. Brooke had no problem being all over Jack. She was always like this with every guy she's ever been with.

"So Emma, did you like LA" Johnson asked trying to include me in the conversation.

"Yeah" I responded shortly. He nodded his head and stared at Sammy for help.

"Was the weather nice?" Sammy asked next. This was pathetic.

"Yes it was. California was great. It was all sunshine and rainbows! What else would you like to know?" They could tell I was annoyed because they backed off.

"Does anyone want a drink?" Jack asked to break the silence. He obviously didn't even care that our parents were just inside the house.

"We're gonna get caught" I mumbled.

"Shhhh" Brooke put her index finger to her lips and looked at me smirking. I stared back at her blankly. Did she just think everything was okay now? She got the hint and looked away quickly.

"Well..." Jack said breaking the awkward tension, "I'll get some drinks"

He left and we continued the silence. Brooke would occasionally ask me questions about my summer but I kept my replies short. I see shes trying to rekindle the friendship but I don't see that happening.

About a minute later, Jack came back with a six pack of beer and passed one can to each of us.

"Thanks" I said while sighing. I opened the Bud Light and brought the can to my lips. The familiar taste of the alcohol hit my tongue. It was nice and I continued to sip as did the others.

I wasn't suprised that the parents didn't notice us drinking but then again they were probably getting drunk inside themselves.

Jack came back with more beer so we all took more as well. I started engaging in the conversation more and more which wasn't a bad thing I guess. I mean I did like my "friends".

The more beers we had the more touchy Gilinsky and Brooke became. She would occasionally kiss him on the cheek and he'd do the same to her. I tried to ignore it but it was really hard. Brooke laid her head in between Jack's chest and chin. I know that feeling.

Suddenly, I felt the urge to be with someone. If Jack can get over someone that quick so can I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed another beer. If I was going to do this I have to do it at leat tipsy.

Everyone was a little zoned out and I leaned onto Sammy's chest. I could feel him tense up because of shock but he loosened up and put his arm over my shoulder.

"Sorry" I giggled but stayed there.

"You're fine" He smiled down at me. Even though he didn't talk to me for a while, Sammy was once my close friend so I didn't feel that weird laying on him. I saw Jack staring at me from the corner of my eye. This was just what I wanted.

"Come here for a sec" I slurred to Sammy while smirking. I knew I was going to regret this but fuck it. I grabbed his hand and led him inside.

I walked inside of Jack's house and slipped past the adults still holding on to Sammy's hand. I walked him up the staires past Jack's bedroom and into his sisters room. I walked in him following right behind me.

I closed the door, pushed him against it, and connected my lips with his.

Now I know thi isn't the smartest decision that I've made but I just had the urge to. If Jack and find someone else so could I right?

Sammy was shocked at first but he rolled with it. I knew him out of all people would definitely not have a problem making out with a girl.

Our lips were in sync and I could feel Sammy smile as our lips were still connected.

I pulled Sammy off the door by his shirt and never disconnected our lips as I walked backwards to the bed. We switched positons so his back was facing the bed and he slowly leaned his back on the bed. I straddled his waist and flew my hair from in front of my face to behind my ear and leaned back down to continue the kiss. I put my hands on his toned stomach while he put his on my hips.

Sammy was a pro at this, after all, they don't call him Slutty Sammy for nothing!

"What's all this?" Sammy paused confused with a slight smile on his lips. I leaned back into him giving him one last kiss before I got up from his body and back on my feet.

"Let's go back out" I smirked while trying to brush my hair out with my fingers.

"Annoyed at my tease, Sammy groaned but got up as well and put his arm around my shoulder on our way back outside. When I opened the back door, the other three stared in our direction. I saw Johnson raise his eyebrow at Sammy and he just shrugged and did his all too familiar smirk .

Gilinsky stayed quiet like I knew he would. Good my plan worked, bad it wasn't him I was kissing.

********

IM SORRY I DIED

schools been hell and I've had so much homework/tests/friend issues so it's so fucking hard to update :/

#pray4syd !!!!

love you uglies i'll update sooner this time :)))))