Unspoken words

"Morning, baby" Charlotte whispered reaching over giving Mia a gentle peck to her cheek as she hit the snooze button on her alarm. Mia leaned into Char kissing her passionately, her eyes still closed refusing to wake up yet. "Five more minutes?" Mia pleaded with her sweetheart. She didn't have anywhere to be today, but she would always get up with Char to drive her to work so that they could start their day together. These were the small, intimate moments the two lovers cherished most. "Amelia Roberts, in ten years I have never been late for work and I don't intend to start now" Charlotte scolded playfully with a smirk as she pulled away from her sleepy girlfriend. "Coffee?"

Mia reluctantly got herself ready for the day, applying more concealer to her under eyes than usual to compensate for the bags. "Yikes" she thought to herself looking in the mirror. She joined Char in the kitchen where she found her sat at the kitchen island sipping on her coffee and scrolling on her phone. Char had already made a coffee for Mia and placed it on the counter beside her patiently awaiting the mean redhead to get her arse out of bed. Char playfully rolled her eyes and smiled at the thought of her girlfriend not being a morning person. Mia sneaked up behind Char and slowly place her arms around her waist as she started placing delicate kisses to her neck. Charlotte lolled her head back into Mia allowing her to continue, humming softly at the pleasure. They were interrupted by the ringtone of Mia's phone.

"Hey, Mia, it's Carly. I hope you don't mind that I called you...even though you did say I could." 

Mia mouthed "Carly" at Charlotte to keep her informed before distancing herself slightly, allowing herself to give Carly her full attention. Charlotte didn't question it and respected their privacy, taking away the empty coffee cups and loading them in the dishwasher. After last night, she knew she could trust Mia implicitly with Carly.

"Not at all! What's up?"
"Yeah...I was just thinking that since I'm on the late shift today, that mayyybe it would be a good idea for me to go to the doctors this morning?" Carly hinted with uncertainty in her voice, she felt a lot more comfortable around Mia, but she felt this was asking a lot of her.
"That sounds like a great idea, Carly. Do you want me to take you?" Mia didn't even hesitate. She really did care about the young girl.
"Are you sure?! I don't wanna be a pain and I would've asked Char but I know she's working"
"Of course I'm sure, I meant it when I said anything. I'm just going to drop Char to work and then I'll come straight to yours, okay?"
"Thanks, Mia, you're the best!"
"It's no problem, I'll text you when I'm leaving the nursery."

"Come on you, let's get you to work" Mia said as she placed one hand on Char's waist, leaning in for a kiss.
"Everything okay with Carly?" Charlotte asked lightly. She wasn't trying to probe, she was just concerned for her friend. Mia explained that she would be taking Carly to the doctors and Charlotte could sense a hint of enthusiasm on her love's face. Yes, the circumstances were sinister, but no one had ever trusted Mia like this, or relied on her. With Charlotte being the exception of course. But secretly, she was made up that Carly came to her for help. It was a big milestone in her journey to healing. Charlotte didn't say anything, she just smiled at her beautiful girlfriend lovingly and gave her hands a squeeze. Mia and Char were big on the unspoken words, they always understood each other and never fumbled communicating their thoughts and feelings. Sometimes just a soft look and smile would do it.

It was nearing 7am and Charlotte's shift started at 7:15, so Mia grabbed her keys and opened the front door for her sweetheart, chivalrous as she was, and followed her out to the car. The second Mia turned the key in the ignition, Charlotte switched the radio station to Heart. In the beginning, Mia and Char constantly bickered playfully over the radio station as Mia couldn't stand to listen to the adverts, and typically opted for Radio 1. Overtime, Mia got soft and caved. She realised it wasn't so bad getting to listen to her sweetheart sing along to her favourite songs like no one was watching, it brought a smile to her face every time.

They pulled up outside the nursery and shared a kiss goodbye. Charlotte was already looking forward to the end of her shift so she could be reunited with her love and spend some quality time with her. She was eager to hear about how things go with Carly. Mia blew Char a kiss from the car as she drove out the carpark and made her way to Carly's house, savouring the last glimpse of her sweetheart.